PDA

View Full Version : Best Codec Pack

swarnel
09-12-2003, 01:05 PM
i need a codec pac that i can install onto a laptop that can play a wide range of different movies. what do u recomend?

swarnel
09-12-2003, 01:10 PM
also can i watch vcd on a computer without a dvd drive?

D!mensio_x
09-12-2003, 02:00 PM
:ph34r: The Kazaa lite codec pack works for me. My computer has played everything I've fed it. So I suggest you put the Codec pack on your laptop.

About the vcd-question: Yes, you can play a vcd even without a dvd-rom drive. Just navigate through the contents of the cd to a folder called Mpegav. In there you will find the movie file (either .mpg or a .dat file). I always use Power dvd to watch the vcd's or svcd's on my computer. So I open the file with P-dvd and it plays fine.

Greetz, D!mensio_x. :ph34r:

ehnoismemu
09-12-2003, 02:14 PM
if you really know what you're doing, i'd say the best pack is the one packed by you: install only the codecs and filters you need and download them separately from their respectives websites.

if you want to be practical, install k-lite codec pack full, try to understand the codecs/filters functions, and install only the ones you need.

codecs/filters installed here:

- fraunhofer mp3 decoder;
- 3ivx (used only to decode divx and xvid, i don't encode movies in this computer);
- moonlight odio decoda 1.23 (patched to decode only ac3);
- ligos mpeg-2 decoder (to watch vcd/svcd, though i don't watch these... imo they're too low quality compared to xvid, my favourite one).

MUSLEMAN
09-12-2003, 02:27 PM
klite codec pack or
ace
there is nothing better

._.
09-13-2003, 07:35 AM
kazaa codec pack is betta ;)