PDA

View Full Version : Downloading Almost Famous. No Audio!

geesquire
09-12-2003, 03:49 PM
Hi Guys

I am downloading almost famous.avi (divx). When I started downloading it the audio and video were working fine and were in sync. Now when I have downloaded 200 odd megs of the movie I played it again and this time it says no audio and asks me to either stop playing or play video only. It also says that I might have to download another audio codec (audio data:tag 85 to be exact).

I have the complete k-lite codec pack installed.

What do u think is the problem? Will installing another codec pack (eg Nimo) help or do I have to look for a specific audio codec?

If you want any more details abt the file do tell me.

Thanks in advance

clocker
09-12-2003, 03:54 PM
Maybe if you wait till you have the complete file you'll know more.

straxus
09-12-2003, 11:26 PM
Originally posted by geesquire@12 September 2003 - 15:49
Hi Guys

I am downloading almost famous.avi (divx). When I started downloading it the audio and video were working fine and were in sync. Now when I have downloaded 200 odd megs of the movie I played it again and this time it says no audio and asks me to either stop playing or play video only. It also says that I might have to download another audio codec (audio data:tag 85 to be exact).

I have the complete k-lite codec pack installed.

What do u think is the problem? Will installing another codec pack (eg Nimo) help or do I have to look for a specific audio codec?

If you want any more details abt the file do tell me.

Thanks in advance
I had a similar problem with the 25th hour, try downloading AC3Filter. I'm not sure how it works but it did the trick for me. ;)

geesquire
09-14-2003, 06:55 AM
Dunno, but downloaded the new divx player and codec bundle and bingo the problem is solved :lol:

D!mensio_x
09-14-2003, 08:13 PM
:ph34r: I suggest you wait until the movie has finished downloading and then watch it again. I don't think this is a codec problem, because, as you say, in the beginning it was working fine and in sync. So I don't think that it has anything to do with a missing codec. Just let it finish downloading and then try it. If there is still a problem, then you can ask again or try to find some other codecs.

Greetz, D!mensio_x. :ph34r:

Neogeno
09-14-2003, 08:32 PM
Same Happened with me but the sound worked in the theater but not in any player. befor i got Zoom Player.
I think it is the best player in the world.
It helpt me when the starship troopers picture dident show.!

Download Zoom Player!"