PDA

View Full Version : Steam Official 1.6 Release

kazaaliterock
09-12-2003, 11:21 PM
i downloaded the NON-BETA version that was released today and after i install it it ask me to set up account and all that shit. so after i did that and i try to play, theres a window that pop up that said it need to move my old cs file into the steam directories or some shit like that. so i click okay and now i have been waiting for hours and it still at 0 percent. but the program is still responding so its not one of those not responding program. does ne one else have this problem? plz help.

kazaaliterock
09-12-2003, 11:23 PM
okay...right now its says "converting half-life file into steam cache" and its been on that for bout an hour. the progress bar is still at the begining

kazaaliterock
09-12-2003, 11:42 PM
dman 9 view and no reply...seriously if u not gonna help y view the question

vash444
09-13-2003, 12:04 AM
Do you have Half-Life installed?

kazaaliterock
09-13-2003, 12:08 AM
yea, i have the retail version of cs install along w/ the 1.0.0.5 patch.

slammy_dunken
09-13-2003, 12:10 AM
Originally posted by kazaaliterock@12 September 2003 - 17:42
dman 9 view and no reply...seriously if u not gonna help y view the question
Cause we don't know what you're asking. the title doesn't usually give details. and besides, five of those views are yours (don't bother asking how I know, I just do).

And is your HL or CS a rip? Cause if it is, maybe you should try moving the files to the default install directories that the original games install the files to.

kazaaliterock
09-13-2003, 12:25 AM
ummm no i view this twice and my retail version is the real one i bought from the store. not downloaded. i had no trouble w/ the beta. but dont know why this one is giving me trouble

abu_has_the_power
09-13-2003, 12:42 AM
i'm guessing that this version needs the real game and real cd key?

CadeLaguana
09-13-2003, 12:58 AM
Ok guys I&#39;m having the same kind of problems. I have the half-life plantinum pack just in case your wondering(includes, half life, blue shift, opposing force, team fortress, and of course, counter-strike (RETAIL)). Well every time I try to add game to the list, it starts doing what kazaaliterock said...Just sits there.. I had enterd the cd key when it asked for it. So what I did was just uninstall everything relating the steam and counter-strike. Then installed cs retail only and steam, put the cd key in (i had done this with beta), and just let it get to the point where it said "converting Counter-strike file into steam cache" but just sits there...doesnt stop responding, just won&#39;t do a fucking thing.... I don&#39;t know why, I guess I&#39;ll have to mess around with it <_<

kazaaliterock
09-13-2003, 01:55 AM
heh so im not the only one stuck w/ this problem. and btw, i too have a valid cd key. its really pissing me off

CadeLaguana
09-13-2003, 02:00 AM
Me too man. I buy games that require cd keys because I love the multiplayer.

I just don&#39;t understand this, steam beta worked like a charm&#33; I didn&#39;t have one not one damn problem with beta. It was easy, loaded fast, but this it took about 20 minutes to update (guess servers are slow or something...), I have a fast pc so I know thats not the problem...

Wonder how many other people are having this problem...

CadeLaguana
09-13-2003, 02:43 AM
Hey man I got it working. Not sure if this is what did it, but when I chose the option to delete the old files....well the one that had "(Recommeneded)" next to it, it managed to finish...Not sure if thats what the problem was, but its now working...

I don&#39;t know why...I wanted to keep the old files for playing 1.5 with one of my buds that has a pc that sucks ass....Guess I&#39;ll have to reinstall it afterwards or something...Dunno

If you have already done that then try taking out all those other mods like team fortress, dod, ect...I just left half life and counter-strike....one of those 2 things got it working...sorry If I&#39;m not clear or not making sence, I&#39;m in a hurry. ;)

kazaaliterock
09-13-2003, 02:49 AM
wat do u mean by old files? do mean when it ask u if u want to delete the file or keep the file before the converting window? ill try that, hope it work. btw, is there ne difference between this and the beta?

CadeLaguana
09-13-2003, 02:57 AM
Nevermind man, it still wouldn&#39;t let me start counter-strike OR half-life. But get this, I went to planet half life and everyone else is having this same problem. Here go to this link I&#39;m looking at now and check it out... <_< Damn Steam. Should know not to release shit before its craped out yet... :P

Steam Problems (http://www.forumplanet.com/planethalflife/topic.asp?fid=1888&tid=1159587)

kazaaliterock
09-13-2003, 02:57 AM
okay, try that and this is what its at
"Converting Base Goldsrc Shared Binaries files into steam cache...complete
Converting Half-Life files into steam cache..." im stuck at the part wehre its said converting half-life files into steam cache. this is seriously fucking me off. wtf is wrong. i did a clean install of cs and steam but still have this prob.

CadeLaguana
09-13-2003, 03:01 AM
Well on that site they are all having same problems as us. I&#39;ve reinstalled steam and my games 10 times already. sometimes it won&#39;t update without freezing. Picking the game from the list to install freezes, I have to create a new account EVER DAMN TIME to convert half life files for steam...I&#39;m sick of this. I was wrong...

Steam is nothing but a STEAMing pile of shit&#33;

<_<

Monkeee
09-13-2003, 03:02 AM
Originally posted by CadeLaguana@13 September 2003 - 03:01
Well on that site they are all having same problems as us. I&#39;ve reinstalled steam and my games 10 times already. sometimes it won&#39;t update without freezing. Picking the game from the list to install freezes, I have to create a new account EVER DAMN TIME to convert half life files for steam...I&#39;m sick of this. I was wrong...

Steam is nothing but a STEAMing pile of shit&#33;

<_<
i agree they just released it and its already has problems ... :rolleyes:

CadeLaguana
09-13-2003, 03:07 AM
I wouldn&#39;t have cared if they didn&#39;t release it imediatly. I just want the damn thing to work. Beta was fine. Good couple of weeks for me. I mean come on...doesnt that sound strange?

BETA: Worked fine... I never had one problem...

OFFICIAL: Takes me 10 trys to update it. After I update it I have to create 5 accounts to try to get it to work different ways. Even when I think I have it working, I still can&#39;t play...

Bring back the beta untill you can get this shit working vavle&#33;

Not that they are reading this...I&#39;m just really pissed....

kazaaliterock
09-13-2003, 03:29 AM
okay im pass the converting part but now everytime i try to play This Apear (http://edit.imagestation.com/pixami/ImageServer.psp?Cmd=GetEditedImage&ID=sess:78XQT9KX2RF6&width=-1&height=-1&fmt=jpeg&tm=1063427024686) and it stay that way forevfer . keep saying preaparing to play but i left it on for bout an hour.

btw, i also had to make like 10 accounts. luckily i have that many email address.

CadeLaguana
09-13-2003, 03:35 AM
Lol same stuff happening to me...Only difference is that I just made up 10 email addresses lol. Not that its going to hurt any; if and when they get this working, I can just use the email address I first intended to use with steam. Then maybe they&#39;ll be a way to convert the files without creating a whole new account. Guess we are just going to have to wait untill they get thier shit together...

Ahhh well, I guess I&#39;ll just go play some online halo :D

kazaaliterock
09-13-2003, 03:53 AM
im probably gonna leave it overnight incase it need to download sometin b4 i can play. hopefully that is the case or else im gonna be fuck up cuz they gonna shut down reg. cs pretty soon.

dyoung_nz
09-13-2003, 12:15 PM
For all u guys who have had problems with your Steam updating files then I recommend u d/l &#39;Steam Client with Steam Cache &#39;, This file includes the full cache of data required to run Half-Life v1.1.2.0 and Counter-Strike v1.6 in the Steam client. You do not need this file if you have successfully downloaded this data from the official version of Steam. The filesize is 379.4 MB might be a big file to some ppl but I recommend u get it this way than to get it from the ordinary ghey way from updating from steam.

This file is available from http://www.fileplanet.com/files/130000/130271.shtml but u have to queue for this file unless u pay for a higher membership at fileplanet. I have queued for this file and got this link, copy it to ur browser... http://pub.xferoc8.fileplanet.com/^1110859...minstall_cs.exe (http://pub.xferoc8.fileplanet.com/^1110859815/092003/steaminstall_cs.exe) which is the file u want without waiting thru all the queues, I think the link works, if not then i guess u have to queue for the file at the 1st link anyways good luck and hope it all works out for u guys :)

Evil Gemini
09-13-2003, 01:55 PM
[SIZE=7]BECAUSE STEAM IS FUCKED AND CAN BURN IN HELL

kazaaliterock
09-13-2003, 02:36 PM
okay i left the steam thing on overnight and when i ook at it, it still say preapring to play cs. i guess ill download the one dyoung says. hope it work. teh second link dont work so i have to wait. thnx dyoung for posting it

CadeLaguana
09-13-2003, 05:20 PM
haha I did same thing. Well when it got to the point where it said "363 minutes to play counterstrike" or something like that, I just went to bed, woke up, there we go...

I can finally play counter-strike&#33;

ONLY PROBLEM IS....

When I see in the update panel, it shows they took out the bots. I imagine temporarlily but I kind of wanted to practice a bit before I went back into ass whiping. I haven&#39;t played cs in a couple of months and I&#39;m a little rusty on it. I go in like this I&#39;ll look like a fukin noob so... those bots where good practice...

Ahhh well.... Maybe I&#39;ll search for a lonely noob to own.

kazaaliterock
09-13-2003, 05:35 PM
i didnt even get to the point wher it said "363 minutes" it just say preaprairing to play cs then it stay that awy overnight. i downloaded teh steam w/ the cache and exact same thing happen. i want the beta back. the real version is a pile of shit.

kazaaliterock
09-13-2003, 05:37 PM
its getting gayer...steam wouldnt even start now. i click on steam and nothing happen for 5 mins

Edit: nm it started. b4 it would start right away... dont know what happen now. but i still cant play it.

EDIT: woohoo after hard work i finally got it working...actually it just started working. but there sure arent many playing this. During the beta almost every server isee is fill...now almost everyserver has no one playing