PDA

View Full Version : The Shield

tangerine
01-19-2009, 03:42 PM
Hey,

What do you think of this series? I just finished the last season (there are 7 of them, and I saw everything in less than 2 months..!) and I really liked it. It's a great story and now I miss it a lot..

Just wanted to share thoughts with anybody that saw it already.. and as they don't air it in my country (I downloaded it) nobody here even knows about it..!

p.

Biggles
01-19-2009, 08:46 PM
What is it? Animal, mineral, vegetable, cartoon, cop programme?

The Flying Cow
01-19-2009, 09:28 PM
Judging by the title I'd assume it has some form of cop plot taking place. Something like the CSI series tangerine?

I must say it is an over-worked genre. The only series I enjoy on that front are Waking the Dead and Spooks.

Mr. Mulder
01-19-2009, 09:45 PM
it is beyond awesome, there has never been a single bad episode and it shits all over the wire.

/told.

tangerine
01-19-2009, 10:16 PM
Mr Mulder said it

There has never been a bad episode!! I don't know if it's overdone. I think hospital series are overdone. And I have to admit I've never seen another cop show at least not as much as I saw the shield.. like NYPD Blue or that kind of thing.. But it's just amazing.

Now I can't find another series I like as much as that one. And that includes lost..

tesco
01-19-2009, 11:35 PM
I've never seen the show before, but if mulder says it's good then I'll give it a shot.

Barbarossa
01-20-2009, 12:01 AM
Someone wise once said that mulder is great at sci-fi telly but shite at normal telly :dabs:

tangerine
01-20-2009, 12:52 AM
Don't know about him...
But I guess you can just watch the show and see for yourselves...
So nobody else saw it? What you think about the last season Mulder? If you guys are gonna see it, I don't know if we should talk spoilers here though... but well.
It's really good, sometimes feels like a movie that never ends..

TakeMS
01-20-2009, 01:46 AM
i download it. :yup:

Hairbautt
01-20-2009, 02:52 AM
it is beyond awesome, there has never been a single bad episode and it shits all over the wire.

/told.
It is a great show, but come on...the final episode? It was shyt (in the bad way). It left me really frustrated...

:(

tangerine
01-20-2009, 04:24 AM
Hey that's what I wanted to talk about..!

I guess it's ****SPOILER**** from now on...

It didn't leave me frustratred... just because I wasn't expecting a happy ending, you know? I think it was really bold of the writers to have the things that happened on the show, (sorry for my english).. most TV shows don't take chances (like, the death of a main character) just because they don't want to set people off or loose fans.. but I think the writers on The Shield always took those chances, and come on, the main characters are not totally "good" or "bad", it's like, they are the "heroes" but on a way they are bad. And the bad guys, are reaaaalllyy bad. This is what makes for a good... I don't know the world in english, "film noir" would be kind of it, like, a good detective/police plot.
I really liked them putting Mackey where they did, and everything we saw happened to him. What do you think, did you want him to go further down or do you agree with me that where he ends up is maybe WORSE than jail for him? And having his family walk away from him.. I think it's just amazing writing.

The Flying Cow
01-20-2009, 04:24 PM
Nothing beats The Wire.

It is THE copper show.

Biggles
01-20-2009, 08:21 PM
http://www.tpbrewingco.com/download/tp01screen.jpg

Some serious investigating

tangerine
01-21-2009, 12:05 AM
Never saw the wire... is it as good as the shield!?!?

I'll have to check it out

brotherdoobie
01-21-2009, 06:53 PM
Nothing beats The Wire.

It is THE copper show.

Meh. The Wire is good. The Shield is better.

-bd :snooty:

Hairbautt
01-21-2009, 09:33 PM
Words of wisdom.

Proper Bo
01-21-2009, 10:20 PM
Nothing beats The Wire.

It is THE copper show.

http://product-image.tradeindia.com/00168892/b/Copper-Wire.jpg
Sounds like a dull programme, like.

enoughfakefiles
01-21-2009, 10:23 PM
Nothing beats The Wire.

It is THE copper show.

Looks loike mig wire I use at wurk :unsure:

The Flying Cow
01-22-2009, 08:11 PM
Nothing beats The Wire.

It is THE copper show.

:lol:

NaChiiSS
01-23-2009, 05:02 PM
I finish the season 7 a few days ago, it's a pretty good serie!

I start watching TS with the season 5, and now im downloading the other seasons.

The final episode of the season 7 it's a real final. The Shield is a realistic serie, so the final is just fine... Vic deserves that end, but i think shane and his family don't. Same for Ronnie, he doesn't deserves to end that way.

But after all, its a good final, a crude final, but its just like the real life.

Cyas

tangerine
01-26-2009, 03:49 PM
Shane deserves that and more!! Maybe you mean Lem?