PDA

View Full Version : Download Full Albums

89 users
09-13-2003, 10:19 PM
I don't know how many of you realize this, but I wish EVERYONE did. You could download full CD's if more people knew about this.

What if everyone zipped their albums?
the album would become one single file that could be shared on Kazaa!
You could download full albums!
If you want to be able to download albums, start by zipping your files and sharing them!

The only reason nobody (that I know of) does this is because not enough people are smart enough to do it.

One catch, you can't find these files under "Audio" of coarse. You would have to search under "Everything".

Please help

Dapadipz
09-13-2003, 10:31 PM
well most albums are RARED orginally - thats how i get em of irc

chalice
09-13-2003, 10:33 PM
Look for album wraps on Kazaa if you want full albums.
Bittorent is super for full albums. So is Soulseek, I'm told.

89 users
09-13-2003, 10:40 PM
Bit Torrent is what made me realize this. The only thing about Bit Torrent, is for me it's very slow.. why I don't konw, and it doesn't really have anything I'm looking for. Do you guys share your .rar files on kazaa?

chalice
09-13-2003, 10:44 PM
Originally posted by 89 users@13 September 2003 - 22:40
Bit Torrent is what made me realize this. The only thing about Bit Torrent, is for me it's very slow.. why I don't konw, and it doesn't really have anything I'm looking for. Do you guys share your .rar files on kazaa?
Bits and pieces.

I find if you have to use kazaa for albums its just as easy to get a tracklist from Amazon of the album you want.
Then just do an adavnced search and dl the corresponding tracks.
Sources are key.

89 users
09-13-2003, 10:47 PM
That's what I've been doing for a long time now. The only thing is, when you're looking for certain songs, sometimes they're not the whole song. I was trying to download Jurassic 5 - "Strength in Numbers"(album) and almost all the songs from that album on kazaa are messed up. So I guess I'm just complaining when I say everyone should .zip their files, but oh well..

chalice
09-13-2003, 10:49 PM
Originally posted by 89 users@13 September 2003 - 22:47
That's what I've been doing for a long time now. The only thing is, when you're looking for certain songs, sometimes they're not the whole song. I was trying to download Jurassic 5 - "Strength in Numbers"(album) and almost all the songs from that album on kazaa are messed up. So I guess I'm just complaining when I say everyone should .zip their files, but oh well..
Have you checked the verifieds in Musicworld?
At least you won't get Screechymp3 by Balamm.

89 users
09-13-2003, 10:50 PM
No i havn't, i'll check that out.

Thanks

cosmic doobie
09-13-2003, 11:20 PM
Also check the album tracks on http://www.allmusic.com
they often give the track lengths as well which is jolly useful :P

NeoTheOne
09-13-2003, 11:28 PM
albumwrap my young paddwan :lol:

Gun-Ryo
09-13-2003, 11:39 PM
Dont use amazon... kazaa is too full of fake files... use music.msn.com, they provide how long the track is and the albums and soundclips from every song in the database that they list

FuNkY CaPrIcOrN
09-14-2003, 04:07 AM
:P What a bunch of NOOBs.We have been Downloading full complete Albums for Months.....just recently broke 4000. :P

Allmusic.com and SoulSeek the only 2 tools you need.Well I can think of a few other things. :D

mogadishu
09-14-2003, 04:09 AM
Originally posted by FuNkY CaPrIcOrN@13 September 2003 - 23:07
:P What a bunch of NOOBs.We have been Downloading full complete Albums for Months.....just recently broke 4000. :P

Allmusic.com and SoulSeek the only 2 tools you need.Well I can think of a few other things. :D
soulseek is all you need. im not as big of a dler as FC, but i have about 1000 albums so far.

FuNkY CaPrIcOrN
09-14-2003, 04:18 AM
:D And then you have to get a Program to keep track of all your Albums.Alot of us use OrangeCD.You think collecting Albums is easy........nope.....its alot of work. ;)

Gutter
09-14-2003, 05:54 AM
Well put gentlemen,
SoulSeek (http://www.slsknet.org/) indeed ;)

3rd gen noob
09-14-2003, 05:56 AM
i wouldn't dl zip/rar files from kazaa for two main reasons

1. there are already enough virii on the ft network, without adding hundreds/thousands more opportunities
2. there are better alternatives as listed above

MeMeMeSoHony
09-14-2003, 06:20 AM
what are good channels or networks on IRC to download Rared or Zipped Albums? :unsure:

BiLLy_BloggZ
09-14-2003, 07:39 AM
dont zip albums with winrar or winzip, use AlbumWrap. you can preveiw most AlbumWrap Albums while you download them so you can tell if its a fake most of the time and i havent found 1 fake/corrupt albumwrap album yet. The onlyprobem with it is not enough people have herd of it so the only problem would be a lack of sources with downloads.

carlnalex
09-14-2003, 11:39 PM
Originally posted by BiLLy_BloggZ@14 September 2003 - 08:39
dont zip albums with winrar or winzip, use AlbumWrap. you can preveiw most AlbumWrap Albums while you download them so you can tell if its a fake most of the time and i havent found 1 fake/corrupt albumwrap album yet. The onlyprobem with it is not enough people have herd of it so the only problem would be a lack of sources with downloads.
:D As stated above, Albumwrap zips and retains all track information, you can unzip using the albumwrap extraction tool, also downloadable on Kazaa, and play every track individually. the best thing about Albumwrap is the fact that the search and download is still recognisable/playable as an MP3 file. You can verify the download with preview to stop that renaming shite. Just try a search for Albumwrap you will be amazed at the number of downloads currently available.

:rolleyes: :D :rolleyes:

Wolfmight
09-14-2003, 11:53 PM
on IRC-Ork.. let it connect to the irc servs for a few 20 mins.. then You do a scan for the artist and it's allways a Full Album .zip file.. Pretty coo and saves time.

mogadishu
09-14-2003, 11:58 PM
on irc, you can ONLY download rared albums..