PDA

View Full Version : Sony Involed In Filesharing

NeoTheOne
09-13-2003, 10:31 PM
this might not be up on sony.com anymore but

when i orderd the sony net md player i was looking at its info and i came upon this

grab ur downloads and go with the new net md player ...... How or Where do u find u downloads well P2P of course like kazaa, morpheus and emule

so why arent the RIAA SUEING THEM &#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33; <_< :angry: :angry:

NeoTheOne
09-13-2003, 10:54 PM
ONE MORE THING IF THEY MANGE TO GET RID OF P2P (MAY GOD FORBID) then mp3 players will be useless :(

TClite
09-13-2003, 10:57 PM
sueing is a money game, sony are a multi billionaire coorperation a shit group like the RIAA dont stand a chance

also, that quote there is quite diplomatic it doesnt say anywhere download copyrighted mp3&#39;s, its quite politically correct

sony can just argue that they implied that users downloaded unofficial group mp3s or unknown bands etc

NeoTheOne
09-13-2003, 11:02 PM
Originally posted by TClite@13 September 2003 - 14:57
sueing is a money game, sony are a multi billionaire coorperation a shit group like the RIAA dont stand a chance

also, that quote there is quite diplomatic it doesnt say anywhere download copyrighted mp3&#39;s, its quite politically correct

sony can just argue that they implied that users downloaded unofficial group mp3s or unknown bands etc
ur right

wat about we make a multi billonire kingdom and then pileshare riaa will not stad a frekin chance :angry: :P

TClite
09-13-2003, 11:08 PM
sounds like a plan...:P

Illuminati
09-13-2003, 11:10 PM
Originally posted by TClite@13 September 2003 - 23:57
Sony&#39;s more than that - Sony is a multi-national corporation with its main offices (AFAIK) in Japan, where the issue there is pretty quiet on an international stage.

On the fairly small chance that RIAA are able to con Congress to put some sort of restrictions on the company, Sony would still have a hefty chunk of business with the rest of the world - Losing business in the USA would be considerable but not critical.

The only way to really trim Sony in that way is to take it to international law, which is pretty much through the UN (AFAIK), and with the USA government recently disregarding UN rulings with that little war in Iraq (not to mention outlawing something because one non-critical national industry is losing money for once is a pretty trivial thing for the UN compared to wars), I&#39;d pretty much say that the UN would have to be stupid to forget that little pissing-on-UN in order to let it be done.

If you have to love Bush for something, this has got to be it&#33; :D

NeoTheOne
09-13-2003, 11:23 PM
u said if sony lost buisness in the us then it would not be critical

but i disagree yeah sure they make labour where it is cheap in malyashia china but if u look at the statistics US has the most pple buying sonys products

Illuminati
09-13-2003, 11:51 PM
Originally posted by neotheone@14 September 2003 - 00:23
u said if sony lost buisness in the us then it would not be critical

but i disagree yeah sure they make labour where it is cheap in malyashia china but if u look at the statistics US has the most pple buying sonys products
No doubt, Sony has more business in the USA than in any other country.

Sony does not have more business in the USA than all other countries combined.

That&#39;s what I mean - While the blow wouldn&#39;t be light, it wouldn&#39;t be lethal either.

NeoTheOne
09-14-2003, 12:12 AM
ooh i se ur piont

Rat Faced
09-14-2003, 01:21 PM
Sony is also a MEMBER of the RIAA, so i cant see them being sued by it.

NeoTheOne
09-14-2003, 04:16 PM
Originally posted by Rat Faced@14 September 2003 - 05:21
:lol: :lol: :lol:

oh yeah on todays cnn headlines bush was caught downloading movies :lol: :lol: :lol:

kazoo
09-15-2003, 07:20 AM
There&#39;s nothing illegal about kazaa, morpheus, or e mule, so sony has done nothing illegal. It&#39;s only when people trade files they don&#39;t own the copyrights to that their actions are illegal. (unfortunately)

abu_has_the_power
09-16-2003, 04:04 AM
compare sony to riaa
Sony:
good tech, big balls, huge cases of cash, and nice looking stuff

Riaa:
no balls, no pussies either, no cash, 70&#39;s computers, fucks neighbors dogs to get money. and a bunch of others :lol:

so u c where i&#39;m getting at?

toddiscool
09-16-2003, 04:28 AM
Originally posted by abu_has_the_power@15 September 2003 - 23:04
compare sony to riaa
Sony:

Riaa:
no balls, no pussies either, no cash, 70&#39;s computers, fucks neighbors dogs to get money. and a bunch of others :lol:

No I do not think that you got what is being got at, SONY is part of RIAA, as is pretty much everyhing else. RIAA does not have money? where are you gettin that from. RIAA is an organization, not made of people that want to be a part of music, they are the mucic companies - all of them. They have endless resources - chances are that you in a indirect way work for the RIAA. (a company that has a parent company, or another affiliation in some way. I know that I do.

javakel
09-16-2003, 05:02 AM
Originally posted by neotheone+14 September 2003 - 10:16--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (neotheone &#064; 14 September 2003 - 10:16)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteBegin-Rat Faced@14 September 2003 - 05:21
:lol: :lol: :lol:

oh yeah on todays cnn headlines bush was caught downloading movies :lol: :lol: :lol:[/b][/quote]
Hmmm...interesting indeed. I guess I must have missed that portion of the news. Do you happen to remember the particulars?

This little piece of entertaining information doesn&#39;t really suprise me, however. After all, this is a man who thinks compassionativity is a word and whose father&#39;s political, social, and financial "muscle" was only able to earn him a C average in college. <_<

abu_has_the_power
09-16-2003, 01:04 PM
Originally posted by toddiscool+16 September 2003 - 04:28--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (toddiscool @ 16 September 2003 - 04:28)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-abu_has_the_power@15 September 2003 - 23:04
compare sony to riaa
Sony:

Riaa:

No I do not think that you got what is being got at, SONY is part of RIAA, as is pretty much everyhing else. RIAA does not have money? where are you gettin that from. RIAA is an organization, not made of people that want to be a part of music, they are the mucic companies - all of them. They have endless resources - chances are that you in a indirect way work for the RIAA. (a company that has a parent company, or another affiliation in some way. I know that I do. [/b][/quote]
the whole point of my post was to say that RIAA are cockheads. get it? :huh: :rolleyes:

enceladus
09-17-2003, 08:58 AM
Originally posted by neotheone@13 September 2003 - 22:54
ONE MORE THING IF THEY MANGE TO GET RID OF P2P (MAY GOD FORBID) then mp3 players will be useless :(
Where do you think the mp3s came from in the first place ;) ? You can still rip them from CDs - a perfectly legitimate thing to do as long as you own the CD in question.

NeoTheOne
09-19-2003, 03:04 AM
Originally posted by enceladus+17 September 2003 - 00:58--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (enceladus @ 17 September 2003 - 00:58)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-neotheone@13 September 2003 - 22:54
Where do you think the mp3s came from in the first place ;) ? You can still rip them from CDs - a perfectly legitimate thing to do as long as you own the CD in question. [/b][/quote]
but there is no point u can just buy a cd player