PDA

View Full Version : We The People...

Strykstergremlin
09-14-2003, 11:59 AM
:nuke:I have read the recent postings on the file sharing hysteria . It is messy.

It is also evolving . Most of us forgot one big factor , not only do our great numbers protect us to some degree , they empower us in a major way .
Join the petition !!! Busch won the whitehouse by appx. 550 Florida votes !!! We have the POWER to decide what we want , if ONLY enough of us work together . I could look the other way if 1,000 hackers retalliated on the industry and messed up thier hardware for getting into our hardware . But we dont have to go there .
We can strike them... Veto them... Boycot them... Ignore them !!! (all the above)
Is'nt the Christmas holiday sales boom season coming??? What if 8,000,000 people decided to not buy any digital products untill january 2004 , starting say november 1st as someone hinted . I'll say it a little more boldly BOYCOTT the greedy selfserving industry . Give them a list of demands , 1. We want to buy songs - not albums . 2. Let us share our property , setup sharesites with a USER fee equal what a song on a CD sells for (about 50cents apiece).
If we dont get together and tell them what we want , then they will tell us what they want . Why should 8,000,000 file sharers be driven by a few hundred rich buisnessmen ? We need to compromise our interests to endure .
The music industry is like a labor union . Strike 'em !!!

chalice
09-14-2003, 12:03 PM
I hope you're using the Royal "we".

*edit* Ah, I see your mistake now.
Please disregard my earlier comment. :)

angel_of_death57
09-14-2003, 01:10 PM
Originally posted by Strykstergremlin@14 September 2003 - 12:59
:nuke:I have read the recent postings on the file sharing hysteria . It is messy.

It is also evolving . Most of us forgot one big factor , not only do our great numbers protect us to some degree , they empower us in a major way .
Join the petition !!! Busch won the whitehouse by appx. 550 Florida votes !!! We have the POWER to decide what we want , if ONLY enough of us work together . I could look the other way if 1,000 hackers retalliated on the industry and messed up thier hardware for getting into our hardware . But we dont have to go there .
We can strike them... Veto them... Boycot them... Ignore them !!! (all the above)
Is'nt the Christmas holiday sales boom season coming??? What if 8,000,000 people decided to not buy any digital products untill january 2004 , starting say november 1st as someone hinted . I'll say it a little more boldly BOYCOTT the greedy selfserving industry . Give them a list of demands , 1. We want to buy songs - not albums . 2. Let us share our property , setup sharesites with a USER fee equal what a song on a CD sells for (about 50cents apiece).
If we dont get together and tell them what we want , then they will tell us what they want . Why should 8,000,000 file sharers be driven by a few hundred rich buisnessmen ? We need to compromise our interests to endure .
The music industry is like a labor union . Strike 'em !!!
Just thought would tell you this is not your idea alot of people have had this idea on here and many of us have been boycotting for months now. go to www.boycott-riaa.com. I do like your point thought but it has been said many times.

Strykstergremlin
09-14-2003, 01:44 PM
:ph34r: As someone previously stated in a posting , the music industry decided to attack us shareusers . They could have tried to tax us in some way . They chose to sue individuals , and make models of them in high profile to scare us . They must believe warfare is the only way to survive , that it is the least expensive way to go , and/or the only way.
We are faced with losing file sharing entirely eventually , having a usless file sharing system , or breaking the law and risking penalties. OR we can get into the core of the issues...$$$$.
Everything needs money to function . The industry is PO'ed because of loss of money. Boycotting them WILL get thier attention . Even if it is only 5% of the digital market , add that to thier already 12% losses... 17%!!! Oh ya .
Our path has been decided by them . We can sit back and watch our neighbors go to court , see our sites shutdown or sabotaged . On the other hand those of us who preferr not to be sheep , can hurt them financially so hard they will offer us anything , and we can do it perfectly legal . STOP BUYING . [SIZE=7]STOP BUYING[SIZE=14]STOP BUYING.
[SIZE=1Think about it . How can we motivate 1 or 2 million people to stop buying?
We need to be discussing how to motivate everyone to sign the petition , and all stop buying for a significant period that will get thier attention.
We dont want to destroy the artists , we want to get the industries attention with power. The power of the people. The alternative is to be divided and conquered .