PDA

View Full Version : Question About Norton Corporate

angelique
09-14-2003, 12:26 PM
I am having a problem scanning I guess you can say. The Anti-Virus seems to take awhile on some things, like for instance a 4.73 KB image file. Is it suppose to take while to scan these things and less on other's or is just me. Also I have problems starting up Windows when it is set on File System Realtime Protection, it freezes up and I have to restart and it does not work, so I have to disable it or I freeze or get Fatal Exception errors like crazy.

thisiswhoweare
09-14-2003, 01:04 PM
How can you have a 4.73KB image file???

Ive had no problems with the file, in fact i think its the best AV you can get. Though it takes a while to scan files which are quite small...but nothing more than a few seconds.

angelique
09-14-2003, 01:17 PM
Originally posted by thisiswhoweare@14 September 2003 - 13:04

Ive had no problems with the file, in fact i think its the best AV you can get. Though it takes a while to scan files which are quite small...but nothing more than a few seconds.
That&#39;s what it said when I looked at the properties *shrugs*. I think the reason I am having problems is because my Windows is old or maybe there is something wrong with it. In any case your response was not any help <_<

pol
09-14-2003, 01:49 PM

here&#39;s one

http://www.chinkii.com/uploads/album/guys/doh.gif :D

seriously tho&#39; angelique i dont use corporate myself (i use 2003 p/e) but i remember reading that corporate should run a lot quicker and with less resources than the other versions. i&#39;m sure other peeps can tell you more than i can about this but it will still use some resources. you should try a little fiddling with your machine, you know disk cleanup/defrag etc. (although i dont see why such a small file would be such a problem for it :huh: )

there have been quite a few threads on corporate lately, have a browse through and there are also loads on &#39;pc health&#39; in software and hardwareworld.

thisiswhoweare
09-14-2003, 02:30 PM
Originally posted by angelique+14 September 2003 - 14:17--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (angelique @ 14 September 2003 - 14:17)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-thisiswhoweare@14 September 2003 - 13:04

That&#39;s what it said when I looked at the properties *shrugs*. I think the reason I am having problems is because my Windows is old or maybe there is something wrong with it. In any case your response was not any help <_< [/b][/quote]
:P