PDA

View Full Version : Counter-strike Bout 300meg Update

i_have_a.d.d.
09-14-2003, 08:20 PM
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: this is the easiest way of getting ur hands on cs.16 FINAL chech out (http://www.nofrag.com/fichiers/steam/client/192/SteamInstall_CS.exe) :D :D :D :D :D

Wolfmight
09-14-2003, 09:11 PM
Cool, Army Ops and Counter Strike..
Think i like army ops better
If you goto http://www.filemirrors.com/ , you can get like a huge list of mirrors for that. Works great for Game Patches that are Extremely Loaded with downloaders on every site..

NoX
09-15-2003, 01:13 AM
steam is gay <_<

cpt_azad
09-15-2003, 07:15 AM
i quit cs long time ago, so this is gonna sound n00bish :( , but, wut&#39;s steam (1.6)? and y is it better then 1.5? :o

judgeofallandnothing
09-15-2003, 08:26 AM
2 more guns, 1 shield for ct. decreased power of mp5 boosted power of deagle, ak and glock.

RedRival
09-15-2003, 11:01 AM
Originally posted by cpt_azad@15 September 2003 - 08:15
i quit cs long time ago, so this is gonna sound n00bish :( , but, wut&#39;s steam (1.6)? and y is it better then 1.5? :o
Steam is the new engine CS is running on. Obviously improving graphics and what not. You need to have Steam installed to play 1.6. I haven&#39;t tried cs 1.6 yet but I had many inaugural reviews from my cs-ing friends. The extra guns and shields defniitely do not enhance gameplay. When you play cs for a period of time you know that graphics and gun selection is not the issue, it&#39;s the skills mate. In 1.6, the skills you use of 1.5 gets a bit messed up and may seem different. Basically, it may take time to adapt to 1.6 if you been playing 1.5 for along time. I won&#39;t be playing 1.6 ever and I just hope they don&#39;t abolish all the 1.5 servers and put up new 1.6 ones. :lol:

Pitbul
09-15-2003, 11:27 AM
Originally posted by RedRival+15 September 2003 - 04:01--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (RedRival @ 15 September 2003 - 04:01)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-cpt_azad@15 September 2003 - 08:15
i quit cs long time ago, so this is gonna sound n00bish&nbsp; :( , but, wut&#39;s steam (1.6)? and y is it better then 1.5?&nbsp; :o
Steam is the new engine CS is running on. Obviously improving graphics and what not. [/b][/quote]
where did u here that bullshit? Steam is NOT a new engine nore is there really any graphical diffrence from the last counter strike Steam is a Client that u can use to play any Half Life Mod from Valve&#39;s Servers Steam is only what u use to connect to the servers to play it from Valve.

RedRival
09-15-2003, 11:46 AM
Originally posted by Pitbul+15 September 2003 - 12:27--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Pitbul @ 15 September 2003 - 12:27)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>
Originally posted by RedRival@15 September 2003 - 04:01
<!--QuoteBegin-cpt_azad@15 September 2003 - 08:15
i quit cs long time ago, so this is gonna sound n00bish :( , but, wut&#39;s steam (1.6)? and y is it better then 1.5?&nbsp; :o
Steam is the new engine CS is running on. Obviously improving graphics and what not.
where did u here that bullshit? Steam is NOT a new engine nore is there really any graphical diffrence from the last counter strike Steam is a Client that u can use to play any Half Life Mod from Valve&#39;s Servers Steam is only what u use to connect to the servers to play it from Valve. [/b][/quote]
basically you need steam to play cs 1.6, so it&#39;s fair nuff to say it&#39;s running on Steam, but mebbe &#39;engine&#39; is out of question.

CadeLaguana
09-15-2003, 07:37 PM
Originally posted by RedRival@15 September 2003 - 12:01
"I just hope they don&#39;t abolish all the 1.5 servers and put up new 1.6 ones. :lol:"

That isnt the problem. The problem is that in about two weeks, all the WON servers will be down. So you will not be able to EVER play 1.5 again unless its lan. So if you wan&#39;t to play counter-strike you have NO choice but to go with 1.6.

RedRival
09-15-2003, 10:04 PM
Originally posted by CadeLaguana+15 September 2003 - 20:37--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (CadeLaguana @ 15 September 2003 - 20:37)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-RedRival@15 September 2003 - 12:01
"I just hope they don&#39;t abolish all the 1.5 servers and put up new 1.6 ones. :lol:"

That isnt the problem. The problem is that in about two weeks, all the WON servers will be down. So you will not be able to EVER play 1.5 again unless its lan. So if you wan&#39;t to play counter-strike you have NO choice but to go with 1.6. [/b][/quote]
WTF :blink: :ph34r: :angry:
NO SERIOSULY WTF

CadeLaguana
09-16-2003, 12:28 AM
Originally posted by RedRival+15 September 2003 - 23:04--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (RedRival @ 15 September 2003 - 23:04)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>
Originally posted by CadeLaguana@15 September 2003 - 20:37
<!--QuoteBegin-RedRival@15 September 2003 - 12:01

That isnt the problem. The problem is that in about two weeks, all the WON servers will be down. So you will not be able to EVER play 1.5 again unless its lan. So if you wan&#39;t to play counter-strike you have NO choice but to go with 1.6.
WTF :blink: :ph34r: :angry:
NO SERIOSULY WTF [/b][/quote]
You serious? Or are you being sarcastic. If your serious then yes I was serious. Originally I heard 1.7 would be integrated and would require steam and 1.6 would just be a standard patch...wrong. Turns out that in about 2 weeks everyone will have to switch over to steam(I already did of course..) because the WON servers are going to be shut down for good. So if you like 1.5, and like the old way of playing counter-strike then you better play untill you explode because you won&#39;t have long to play the old way...

Of course you could always play 1.5 lan but....

Evil Gemini
09-16-2003, 12:46 AM
WON servers shutting down ?

I also heard if you wanna play 1.6 through LAN you have to be connected to the net to play :angry: :angry:

CadeLaguana
09-16-2003, 02:03 AM
Yup you sure do. I think thats just fucking bull shit too. Maybe they&#39;ll fix that, but I dunno. Have to be connected to internet to play your own damn game...how fucking stupid...

Not that its much of a problem for me, my cable is always on but I do have a laptop. I wouldn&#39;t mind playing cs 1.6 bots on it. If the bots come back and steam would even work on the laptop...dunno. have to see some stuff.

I mainly wan&#39;t the bots back. They were smart little basterds...ahh well...

BawA
09-16-2003, 08:41 AM
dose PodBot 2.5 works with 1.6

and do we need serial key

CadeLaguana
09-16-2003, 09:15 AM
You need a valid cd key to play any of valves products. I used my counter-strike key and I can just play any of the games, half life, opposing force, team fortress. I already have the games on cd from platinum pack but it doesnt require those cd keys....

I was thinking, using like an opposing force cd key would probably get you access to all the games...so....If i were to give one to someone, they would be able to play them all including counter-strike without worrying about me not being able to play online....I think that would work. Not that I&#39;m giving one away but lol...

Oh and I tried podbot with it but no luck...

I&#39;ve been wondering about this, if the cs 1.6 bots never come back in, what are we going to do since podbot doesnt work with a cache file.... then I rememberd hearing that they will unlock them and they won&#39;t be playing from cache instead it will be all the files in one folder (counter-strike folder), like in the regular program files stuff....that way podbot would work...

But if they don&#39;t unlock them then no bots would be able to work...little wordy I know...

I imagine they&#39;ll put those back in. I rate that bot a 10/10. There is no bot like the official... I love playing airstrip, I&#39;m ct with few bots on my side, the rest are just terrorist. Its great stumbling upon them planting the bomb. I walk out, see 5 of them guarding the bomb planter and I&#39;m like OH SHIT&#33;

I&#39;m getting a little off again aren&#39;t I?...

Sorry but I&#39;m not prepared to give up those bots. Some think that if they arent going to be in cs that valve will release thier source code...I dunno....

Pheeew, another mouthful. :sleeping:

RedRival
09-16-2003, 09:41 AM
Well at least leave the WON servers up. That&#39;s the least they could do. Why are they so certain that everybody will be satisfied with using steam? But obviously CS has been around for a long period of time and all purchasal of the game is gone and now people who are addicted to CS will just have to do whatever we are told.

Damned, I&#39;m partitioning for the WON servers to be left alone and even if they close it down I hope some hardcore cs player cum network programmer would make an alternative WON server that we can authenticate with, maybe valve will put up the WON source for all to use then.

All maybe Valve will release a patch that would remove the WON authentication crap so everyone can play cs 1.5 then, but I don&#39;t think they will care less since steam requires a proper cd key to play newayz.

NCAzrael
09-16-2003, 06:46 PM
Actually, it&#39;s funny you should mention that. A few people from a large Half-Life fan site are getting together to attempt to create a replacement for the WON servers. If it works, then people will have an alternative to using Steam. The only downside is that we won&#39;t have the anticheat programs that Valve uses, nor will we be able to update. But if we get enough support with it, perhaps Valve will see how useless Steam is and relaize that nobody in their right mind wants to use a shitty program that takes up all of your resources and requires a net connection even if you are playing a single player game.

Steam sucks.

RedRival
09-16-2003, 06:53 PM
Update

Yes, I just updated my HL client (while retaining 1.5) with the valve&#39;s new steam technology. And frankly, at this stage, it sucks really bad. Because of the server overload at this moment, handling updates, game clients and what not, when you do get all the updates and your desired HL Mod, you will discover that you won&#39;t be able to connect 85-90% of the time from my experience.

I got a file called SteamInstall_cs.exe, which is a 379mb file inclusive of both the CS 1.6 and steam client. Till this stage, I haven&#39;t successfully connected to a 1.6 server yet. I&#39;m still struggling on finding a sure-win method of executing the Steam client and making sure it works and not just sit on my taskbar. Yes, you can leave it there till it connects, may take to half or 1hr sometimes. <_<

And when you do finally get connected, you go to your server list, try to connect to a local server of your choice, it will say that it&#39;s preparing counter-strike, but that&#39;s as far as it goes. Eventually your steam ticket will expire because you have been idling and waiting too long for the stupid damned thing to connect. Try again, it freezes the program, then you will have to restart to try again, and hey, remember that it doesn&#39;t connect the first time??

Sheez, this just a small account of the bad experiences ppl have with the steam clients. THey don&#39;t connect you for shit or let you play CS for shit. I hope you get the picture how bad steam is at the moment, I hope Valve fixes this before the WON servers go down and I can&#39;t play cs 1.5 nemore.

RedRival
09-16-2003, 06:54 PM
Originally posted by NCAzrael@16 September 2003 - 19:46
Actually, it&#39;s funny you should mention that. A few people from a large Half-Life fan site are getting together to attempt to create a replacement for the WON servers. If it works, then people will have an alternative to using Steam. The only downside is that we won&#39;t have the anticheat programs that Valve uses, nor will we be able to update. But if we get enough support with it, perhaps Valve will see how useless Steam is and relaize that nobody in their right mind wants to use a shitty program that takes up all of your resources and requires a net connection even if you are playing a single player game.

Steam sucks.
Really? a alternative WON server? Do they have a website, coz i&#39;ll try sponsering them with my weekly allowance of 5 bucks&#33;&#33; :lol:

Yes Steam sucks.

NCAzrael
09-17-2003, 11:11 PM
We don&#39;t have a web site for it yet. We&#39;re keeping things quiet for now until we know exactly what will be needed. But as soon as we get an idea on how to emuloate teh WON servers, we&#39;ll probably go public with it and start setting up servers. At least until Valve realizes that Steam is a mistake and they bring back WON.

abu_has_the_power
09-17-2003, 11:37 PM
does this version need a cd key?

NCAzrael
09-18-2003, 03:09 PM
If we can figure out how Valve&#39;s WON authentication works, then yes, you&#39;ll have to have a CD key. Keep in mind, this is being done by a group of people who have supported Half-Life since the beginning. We are trying to offer an alternative to Steam, not make it so that people can pirate the game. Besides, you can pick up a copy of Half-Life for less than &#036;20 at most places. And with all the mods available, it&#39;s well worth the price.

By the way, your sig is wrong. It shows that I&#39;m using IE6, which is not even close. Hell, I don&#39;t even have Opera set to register as IE6.

j4y3m
09-18-2003, 03:17 PM
lol works for me create your own at www.danasoft.com i think :blink: or is it a o?

scribblec
09-18-2003, 05:32 PM
steam used to work before that big update

but now it says enter email and pass then goes the steam network is currently down

any solutions

Cygnuz-Y
09-18-2003, 05:50 PM
Hey dont PLAY with steam there are alternative ways of playing CS without Using Steam and Won servers all the info HERE (http://www.edit-strike.nl/) And yes YOU DONT NEED A CD KEY, KEEP CS 1.5 ALIVE cuz STEAM SUCKS&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;

scribblec
09-18-2003, 06:24 PM
hey cygnuz hows it going

also i like 1.6 its fun and has shields and new guns

and i dont get ping spikes on them servers

Cygnuz-Y
09-18-2003, 06:32 PM
Not going pretty well, cuz i cant get Steam to work, but i will forever play CS 1.5 using the no Won servers :lol: