PDA

View Full Version : Half-life2 Vs Deusex2 Vs Halo2 Vs Theif3

ttttttttt
09-15-2003, 06:34 PM
I am with deus ex 2 kick ass fps/rpg

Embracer Of Darkness
09-15-2003, 06:54 PM
Halo 2, hands down. Followed very closely by Half Life 2.

ttttttttt
09-15-2003, 06:58 PM
omg i completely left Doom3 out to dry

Illuminati
09-15-2003, 07:08 PM
Half Life 2, especially with what can hopefully be done with it (i.e. mods :D)

Close seconds are Doom 3 and Deus Ex 2: Invisible War.

Halo and Thief I'm not that into, so they aren't following the pack - They're chasing them ;)

chalice
09-15-2003, 07:19 PM
It's a toss-up between Half-Life 2 and Deus Ex 2.
Just can't decide. So I'll have to get both.
Yipee.

CadeLaguana
09-15-2003, 07:28 PM
Yes, what makes me have to decide. They are all different games. Though first person...

If they were all released in one day and all avalible for me to buy, I'd pick halo 2 without hesitation. Half life 2 would be second for me, and doom 3 comin in last. I like halo 2 because of the good vehichels they have. Thats not the only reason but...

Half-life 2 I want for the huge enviroment manipulation. You can react with almost anything, and knock over everything it seems... and of course they all have great graphics.

Halo 2 first for me, I want to see what happens next....

Half life 2 second, The story wasn't THAT informing in the first one..

I dunno, my choice will probably be based on the story this time, I really want to see what happens to master chief and cortana. ;)

Bodasher
09-15-2003, 08:51 PM
I'd go for Half-Life 2.

I saw a screenshot on PC Gamers site and I thought it was a real photo, not a screen!

I'm not sure 'boot t'others though, so I'm being pretty biased.

I'm interested in what Doom 3 and Thief 3 are like.

I hope there will be a UT2K4 Thievery mod. The Unreal Tourney one is class... to the extreme!!

I just luuuuuuuurve unusual mods!!

ttttttttt
09-15-2003, 09:05 PM
omg i am changing my vote i just downloaded the 30 min video of half-life2 and let me just say

Good GOD I AM GETTING ANOTHER COMPUTER JUST FOR THIS GAME!!!!!!!

Pitbul
09-15-2003, 09:45 PM
im going with Half life 2 simply put this game will revolutionize the game expierince.if any of you are wondering why the HL2 tech demo movie looks so bright is cuz they turned up all the features and lighting to show off the source engine and DX 9.0 capabilities.but still expect no less from the game itself.the second would be tied with Doom 3 and Deus Ex 2 but im kinda warry of Deus Ex 2 cuz i didn't really like the first part but who knows this game may change my mind.

cpt_azad
09-16-2003, 01:25 AM
DOOM 3 and id owns all!!! don't forget, they set the standards for fps, and that the first half life game engine was id's. if u haven't seen the latest trailers, pls do urself a favour and do so. but i must say, half life 2 looks promising and definately will have a better story then doom 3. but when it comes to graphics, step outta the way for doom3 :P

:ph34r:

Pitbul
09-16-2003, 01:36 AM
well the graphics better be good for Doom3 becuz pass that Doom 3 doesn't have much besides graphics. HL2 has a Physics engine even Doom 3 wont be capable of since the Graphics are a hog. also HL2 is the more well rounded Engine allowing each character to have 40 facial muscles.so Hl2 has a Physics Engine thats even advance to Doom 3's also it has a good story and Extremely Realistic Characters while Doom 3 has good Graphics with no Polygon counts. not that Doom 3 wont be a good game it will be great but it will eb ur basic shoot just about everything that moves and make it to the end of the stage kind of game.

cpt_azad
09-16-2003, 02:03 AM
well the graphics better be good for Doom3 becuz pass that Doom 3 doesn't have much besides graphics. HL2 has a Physics engine even Doom 3 wont be capable of since the Graphics are a hog. also HL2 is the more well rounded Engine allowing each character to have 40 facial muscles.so Hl2 has a Physics Engine thats even advance to Doom 3's also it has a good story and Extremely Realistic Characters while Doom 3 has good Graphics with no Polygon counts. not that Doom 3 wont be a good game it will be great but it will eb ur basic shoot just about everything that moves and make it to the end of the stage kind of game.

oh pls :lol: ! physics engine better then doom 3? r u high or just incredibly stupid? polygon counts? more facial expressions? pls. do u even read the press releases or previews for doom3? doom 3 will have more than 40 facial muscles with a combination that equals to over 100 facial expressions, the physics engine in doom 3 will be twice as good as hl2 (i hate how ppl judge a game by seeing some trailer for it), the "extremely realistic characters" part is something that's right and is probably going to be the same in hl2 compared to doom3 (in some aspect, hl2's models will be better, some aspects), i've done extensive research into both hl2 and doom 3, so don't bother flaming. oh, did i mention per-pixel damage? shoot a pinky in the hind legs, smoke comes out of a place where u hit it, and the pinky starts dragging itself in a realistic way, the way u would expect to proving that the physics engine is superior to hl2, shoot a zombie in the ribs, they will step back a couple of feet while holding the exact same place u shot it with it's arms in pain. but all this does not imply that hl2 will be inferior to doom3, don't get me wrong. i think when u boil it down, hl2 and doom3 are exactly the same, except doom3 is designed to scare the crap out of you while hl2 is designed to immerse you into the story and give you tons of action. doom 3 = hl2 and vice versa. long live hl2 and doom 3 :D !!! (no offense pitbul, gotta vent my anger ;) )

Octopussy
09-16-2003, 03:59 AM
half life allll the way

too bad conditon zero isnt a hl2 mod :(

:ph34r: :ph34r: :ph34r: :ph34r: :ph34r: terriorst win

bitterbeer
09-16-2003, 04:01 AM
Well personally i WANT THEM ALL!!!!! :P
HL was groundbreaking :o so HL2 it should be on every gamers list
Deus ex was great at combining storyline with FPS/RPG :)
Doom really started it all (but lets not forget Wolfenstein 3D) so Doom 3 will be da bomb :lol:
Thief was completely original and any game where u steal stuff for your own profit is good :)
I havent really played Halo that much but from what i saw of it (on PS2) it was pretty sweet B)

Busyman
09-16-2003, 04:34 AM
Halo ain't on PS2. It's on Xbox and PC (soon).
Halo 2 is on Xbox(soon)

Keikan
09-16-2003, 04:40 AM
Counter Strike 2!!!!!

Stonecoldfreak1
09-16-2003, 04:42 AM
1. Halo 2
2. Doom 3
3. Half Life 2

:)

winston8569
09-16-2003, 04:56 AM
I'm torn between Half Life 2 and Doom 3. Though I think i'm getting half life 2 first, then when my money supply builds up buy doom 3. B)

Busyman
09-16-2003, 06:22 AM
Alot of folks talk about facial expressions and subtle nuances in these games and while they are good I want pure excitement to go with that.
So my vote goes for..... dare I say....

HALO 2!!!! B)

Just by going off of the original, with it's music and fighting with your comrades, and the different vehicles that you command, I cannot fathom these other games being better unless they have something up their sleeve.
If Doom 3 is just me running around shooting monsters, albeit graphically enhanced monsters, then great. But didn't I do that in Doom 1 (except it wasn't as good looking).
The same goes for Half-Life 2. It LOOKS great but is there a new and interesting gameplay element besides a good story and better graphics (I know the story will as you say "rock").
Halo 2 gives you a struggle. Unless I&#39;m talking to someone in the game (and I&#39;d rather be shooting :D ), I won&#39;t have time to admire how that lady lifted one eyebrow like Spock and gave a smirk. <_<

BiLLy_BloggZ
09-16-2003, 07:04 AM
how could you people leave out Quake 4. Isnt anyone waiting for that. It will have a modified version of the Doom3 engine.

Pitbul
09-16-2003, 01:59 PM
why the hell would someone say Quake 4? all we have is like 1 photo of Art and a couple pre-rendered pictures we dont know how its gonna be at least with Doom 3 we got a few trailers and actual Screenshots.Busyman if ur looking for pure excitement why did u go with Halo 2?&#33; change that to Doom 3.

Pitbul
09-16-2003, 02:08 PM
Originally posted by cpt_azad@15 September 2003 - 19:03

well the graphics better be good for Doom3 becuz pass that Doom 3 doesn&#39;t have much besides graphics. HL2 has a Physics engine even Doom 3 wont be capable of since the Graphics are a hog. also HL2 is the more well rounded Engine allowing each character to have 40 facial muscles.so Hl2 has a Physics Engine thats even advance to Doom 3&#39;s also it has a good story and Extremely Realistic Characters while Doom 3 has good Graphics with no Polygon counts. not that Doom 3 wont be a good game it will be great but it will eb ur basic shoot just about everything that moves and make it to the end of the stage kind of game.

oh pls :lol: &#33; physics engine better then doom 3? r u high or just incredibly stupid? polygon counts? more facial expressions? pls. do u even read the press releases or previews for doom3? doom 3 will have more than 40 facial muscles with a combination that equals to over 100 facial expressions, the physics engine in doom 3 will be twice as good as hl2 (i hate how ppl judge a game by seeing some trailer for it), the "extremely realistic characters" part is something that&#39;s right and is probably going to be the same in hl2 compared to doom3 (in some aspect, hl2&#39;s models will be better, some aspects), i&#39;ve done extensive research into both hl2 and doom 3, so don&#39;t bother flaming. oh, did i mention per-pixel damage? shoot a pinky in the hind legs, smoke comes out of a place where u hit it, and the pinky starts dragging itself in a realistic way, the way u would expect to proving that the physics engine is superior to hl2, shoot a zombie in the ribs, they will step back a couple of feet while holding the exact same place u shot it with it&#39;s arms in pain. but all this does not imply that hl2 will be inferior to doom3, don&#39;t get me wrong. i think when u boil it down, hl2 and doom3 are exactly the same, except doom3 is designed to scare the crap out of you while hl2 is designed to immerse you into the story and give you tons of action. doom 3 = hl2 and vice versa. long live hl2 and doom 3 :D &#33;&#33;&#33; (no offense pitbul, gotta vent my anger ;) )
can u plz tell me where u read all this from besides saying its in a press releases cuz i read alot of them and never once has Carmack said anything about how many facial muscles a character will have and over 100 are u fuckin stupid if u have no idea what ur talking about dont try and pretend cuz right now your coming off as a idiot alread ur gonna need a Decent PC to run Doom 3 with just the graphics showing up but to incorporate all that your talking about is just stupid. Doom 3 will have Good Graphics, Ragdoll Physics,and Low Polygon counts on a very high defined character thats well about it.if you can prove me wrong where ID said diffrent then plz by all means post it if not then shut the hell up and get off the board moron.all your listing is what youo want Doom 3 to be like until they actualy show case the game you cant say much. all of its estimated as to what they are planning and if you think that shooting something and having it take a few steps back is cool then welcome to the year 2003.as for it having a better physics engine again how can it actually show this when 95% percent of the game is in closed corridors, again "100" facial muscles plz save ur self from looking like joke.

BiLLy_BloggZ
09-16-2003, 04:16 PM
Originally posted by Pitbul@16 September 2003 - 14:59
why the hell would someone say Quake 4? all we have is like 1 photo of Art and a couple pre-rendered pictures we dont know how its gonna be at least with Doom 3 we got a few trailers and actual Screenshots.Busyman if ur looking for pure excitement why did u go with Halo 2?&#33; change that to Doom 3.
i never said i was looking for proof of how good quake IV was going to be, notice the title dumarse, the question is what game are we waiting for and I was pointing out that he didnt include Quake IV which is a very highly anticipated game.

N£MO
09-16-2003, 04:26 PM
http://www.gamereviewers.com/grfx_custom/editorpick_halo2.gif

&#39;Nuff said.

Busyman
09-16-2003, 06:30 PM
Busyman if ur looking for pure excitement why did u go with Halo 2?&#33; change that to Doom 3.

These are the reasons duh

Alot of folks talk about facial expressions and subtle nuances in these games and while they are good I want pure excitement to go with that.
So my vote goes for..... dare I say....

HALO 2&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&nbsp;

Just by going off of the original, with it&#39;s music and fighting with your comrades, and the different vehicles that you command, I cannot fathom these other games being better unless they have something up their sleeve.
If Doom 3 is just me running around shooting monsters, albeit graphically enhanced monsters, then great. But didn&#39;t I do that in Doom 1 (except it wasn&#39;t as good looking).
The same goes for Half-Life 2. It LOOKS great but is there a new and interesting gameplay element besides a good story and better graphics (I know the story will as you say "rock").
Halo 2 gives you a struggle. Unless I&#39;m talking to someone in the game (and I&#39;d rather be shooting&nbsp; ), I won&#39;t have time to admire how that lady lifted one eyebrow like Spock and gave a smirk.

NCAzrael
09-16-2003, 06:39 PM
Seeing as how Valve fucked themselves by making Steam and forcing everyone to use it if they want to play online, I&#39;m going to have to say that Half-Life 2, while at one time was the only game I even cared about, is going to be a major disapointment. I&#39;m sure the game itself will be great, if you never intend to play multiplayer. And any game using the Source engine will be wonderful, I&#39;m sure. But the fact that you have to use Steam to play online, and once you play online you have to have a working &#39;net connection even to play single player, just makes me want to cry.

Valve makes great games, but they suck ass at making applications to run with those games. I, for one, will not be purchasing Half-Life 2 when it comes out. I&#39;ll download it the moment it&#39;s available, but will not buy it. Not until Steam is shut down.