PDA

View Full Version : Gta Iii -vice City

BILLY-THE-FISH
09-15-2003, 09:36 PM
I d/l GTA Vice City about a week ago now and believe me it's a top top game but i think that the graphics are a bit jerky dodgy in places.
I think i've got an ok graphics card (see stats below) which i thought would handle this game easy on top settings but maybe it's the game? there's alot of pop-ups and gliches especially when driving fast on my pcv!!! Doe's anyone else experience this?

p.s. Does anyone know any cool things to do /go once you got the helecopter??

Windows XP, P4 2.53, 512Ram, 128mb TI4600 Graphics Card, 80GB! B)

Pitbul
09-15-2003, 09:42 PM
if they were to give the game better graphics not only would it take longer to make but the minumim requirments would go up for them to create a living enviorment as big as that City is in the game is in itself a great feat for them to accomplish not everyone can afford a brand new computer every couple of months just becuz a game calls for it. i have a pretty decent computer but even i know this im guessing u dont play PC games alot?

BILLY-THE-FISH
09-15-2003, 09:53 PM
Hey don't take it personally! I did say it's a top top game!!
I do play games alot and most new games look great on my comp!
But I've not noticed this kind of thing on many games before maybe i've been spoilt by only owning great comps!! :lol:

toddiscool
09-15-2003, 10:06 PM
Did you d'ld the rip or the full 2 cd's?

BILLY-THE-FISH
09-15-2003, 11:20 PM
The full bin and cue files 2 of em'!
I don't think it's my copy though, as pitbul said the game was made like that although maybe i have'nt got my settings right??

abu_has_the_power
09-15-2003, 11:49 PM
do u have the most current driver for u vd card?

bucky
09-15-2003, 11:57 PM
There's a patch for graphics corruptions, but that may not help if you don't need it.

Pitbul
09-16-2003, 12:18 AM
Originally posted by BILLY-THE-FISH@15 September 2003 - 14:53
Hey don't take it personally! I did say it's a top top game!!
I do play games alot and most new games look great on my comp!
But I've not noticed this kind of thing on many games before maybe i've been spoilt by only owning great comps!! :lol:
ur computer is not that great i did not take it personally just stated that is obvios that u dont play games often enough to appreciated what in a game really matters.do u own an X-Box? cuz they are usually the ones who are obsessive with graphics in a game and less with the story and content.the graphical patch is only for FX cards i believe cuz there was alot of distortion in the game.

BILLY-THE-FISH
09-16-2003, 08:15 PM
Well pitbul I think my comp is super duper and I love it with all my heart!!! :lol:
and whats obvious to you (about me not playing games much) is wrong!!! :P cos i've only been playing 'em for about 20 years!
And i don't own a X-Box i only got a SNES :lol:

LaVaNaNo
09-17-2003, 07:10 AM
Nothing like vice city, like Riding a hog with good rock music playing, just sit back and drive around seeing the sites. Running redlights is a must, i cant be bothered with red lights in a game. If i have to drive in the sidewalk and run ppl over, well i'll do what i need to do. Funnest part is running over ppl and hearing the squash =). But riding on a motorcycle is just to cool to do anything else.
I stop playing Vice city, cause i got bored of the same islands, but was fun while it lasted. The lil airplanes you have to fly is fookin hard as the first game, but the helicopter was kinda easier. Killing those workers, way fun.. chop there heads off lmao.. Hey politicians -> Games dont make ppl kill ppl, its the ppl that kill ppl blaming it on games for there own Mental problems. Maybe the parents were really abusive.. Nothing gets me more angry then a bloody kid blaming there murderous lust on a game.. makes me sick with anger.

tHe LiNk
09-17-2003, 12:11 PM
It shouldn't need it, but try turning off AA, and also switching your settings to high performance (in the graphics card settings). The game generally requires a pretty normal system, so i dont know why you're running it bad :huh:

Also, the latest patch is only for pixel corruption on certain systems, so don't install it unless its absolutely necessary.

johnboy27
09-17-2003, 05:58 PM
I never had any probs with Vice City until I installed the "newer cars" patch on it.I have an XP 2200+ CPU and 512 mb DDR and a radeon 7500 64 mb video card.The game ran perfect until I installed this patch.

Gre1
09-17-2003, 06:44 PM
If u mean it plays choppy or kind of slow that's just the draw distance I saw a program for Vice City that I am about to download I will post the link to it when I find it again.

EDIT: Found it that quick. Here u go: Draw Distance (http://people.freenet.de/steve-m/download.html#vcdist)

Try that and let me know if that's what it was.

gday2uk
09-17-2003, 06:57 PM
Originally posted by LaVaNaNo@17 September 2003 - 07:10
Nothing gets me more angry then a bloody kid blaming there murderous lust on a game.. makes me sick with anger.
woah :o