PDA

View Full Version : Steam And Cs 1.6

Cygnuz-Y
09-16-2003, 07:08 PM
I just downloaded Steam, and installed it, i have been trying to put my customizewd models and scripts to it, but Dunno how :( CS is not the same without all that.... i just dont like the normal models CS 1.6 comes with, and im pretty used to my old models... PLEAZ help!!!!!!!!

BTW i do can play 1.6 in some servers... :blink:

sickmonkey
09-16-2003, 07:12 PM
[FONT=Optima][SIZE=14]STEAM SUCKS

Cygnuz-Y
09-16-2003, 07:14 PM
Originally posted by sickmonkey@16 September 2003 - 19:12
[FONT=Optima][SIZE=14]STEAM SUCKS
HHAHAAH i know, but what else can i do, WON servers will be down in 2 weeks and want to keep playing CS&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33; <_<

RedRival
09-16-2003, 07:54 PM
I can&#39;t even join a game that&#39;s running cs 1.6 on steam. :( :( :(

Cygnuz-Y
09-16-2003, 08:21 PM
I did yesterday but 15 min ago i tried it and STEAM only says " Exception fault" or somethig like it, so Steam doesnt work for me anymore :angry: THEY REALLY FUCKED THINGS UP WITH THAT STEAM SHIT, I think we should unite and send a letter over to Sierra to tell them how "fucked up" we are.....

:angry: :angry: :angry: :angry:

silverccrow
09-16-2003, 08:25 PM
Fucking Steam Go to HELL &#33;&#33;&#33;

SOmeone please help me I wanna play counter like in old days &#33; but thi fucking error appears every time i click on steam.exe

steam.exe (main exeption) : win32 StructureExeption at 0182757A : Unspecified floating-point exception

Cygnuz-Y
09-16-2003, 08:28 PM
Fucking shit another victim.....

I have heard nothing but bad stuff about Steam, WTF where they thinking when they programmed that piece of shit ....? :angry: :(

CadeLaguana
09-16-2003, 09:19 PM
Well if you guys were real counter-strike players you&#39;d adabt to steam. Yes steam does suck, but it doesnt once you get it working. I also heard today that valve are going to make offline lan and bots avalible within the next updates. I have steam running with all my games. I have no problems, I have my guns binded, my spray loaded, my weapon models in. I like steams GUI. I can just hit escape and the menus load in a tenth of a second. Its transparent so you can still see. I can access friends right from the game...It seems the only reason you guys are against it is because you can&#39;t get it running for you.

Now that I have my info about the bots and playing offline, Steam is my new best friend. :D

Before I tell you how to put custom models I need to know something.

Are most of you saying you hate steam just because it seems more popular everywhere. Really are you speaking for yourself and really hate it or just saying that because everyone else is...

I don&#39;t think Steam is a mistake...I did think that only because I couldn&#39;t get it working. That was stupid of me. I don&#39;t see anything to hate about steam. All my games are from easy access from one menu, auto updates, friends list, good GUI as I have stated before...

CUSTOM WEAPON MODELS FOR COUNTER-STRIKE 1.6

You wan&#39;t to know, then listen up

create a folder in your steam&#092;steamapps&#092;email&#092;counter-strike&#092;cstrike folder and name it "models". Put all of your custom gun models in there. Do not place "p" models in this folder. "p" models have apperently been locked, probably because people were exploiting that feature by placing "p" guns with 6 foot barrels so they could see peoples guns sticking out through walls. If you try to put a "p" model in the folder, you won&#39;t be able to join any servers.

Create another folder in your cstrike directory and call it "sounds", in this folder, create yet another folder and call it "weapons". place your custom weapon sounds in this folder.

Note: The way the game uses left and right handed models has changed&#33; All of your "v" models must be left-handed. When you add cl_righthand "1" to your config, it takes whatever "v" models you have and mirrors them in the other direction. If you use a model that was specifically made to be a right-handed model (most custom models are) it will be mirrored to the left hand. The older custom models have two "v" files in them. For example: V_ak-47, and V_ak-47_r (the one with the _r is the one that is right hand only). Delete the "_r" model and place the other (left-handed) model in the folder because it will be mirrored to the right hand.

Hold off on the custom player models for the time being, 1.6 seems to use different animations so the model makers are gonna have to redo them, remember, not everything will be compatible.

I think this is one of the most constructive posts I have ever posted. I pat myself on the back heh. :D ;)

CadeLaguana
09-16-2003, 09:33 PM
Oh and if you wan&#39;t to bind weapons to keys, 1.6 makes things a hell of a lot easier.

First off here are the weapon/equipment names

pistols
=======
glock
usp
p228
deagle
elites
fn57

shotguns
========
m3
xm1014

smg
===
mac10
tmp
mp5
ump45
p90

rifles
======
galil
ak47
scout
sg552
awp
g3sg1
famas
m4a1
aug
sg550

machine gun
===========
m249

ammo
====
primammo
secammo

equipment
=========
vest
vesthelm
flash
hegren
sgren
nvgs
defuser
shield

When you wan&#39;t to bind a weapon to a key or multiple things to a key just do this:

Example: Bind "p" "m4a1;ak47;primammo"

then hit enter. So if your on terrorist you will get an ak-47 and full ammo and if your on Counter-Terrorist you will get a m4a1 with full primary ammo if you press "p".

Make sure you don&#39;t make it a capitle "p" like: Bind "P" ....ect or you will have to hold down shift and press p witch sucks...well thats how it was in 1.5 maybe not in 1.6 dunno....

You want one key for usp and secondary ammo and grenade then:

Bind "[" "usp;secammo;hegren"

But don&#39;t forget the parenthases " "

Hope this helps :)

Cygnuz-Y
09-16-2003, 10:09 PM
Wow thanks for your help CadeLaguana, great guide :) , now i just need to get Steam to work, &#39;cuz i only get this....

http://www.iespana.es/Planet-Z/K-lite%20pics/error.jpg

(pleaz wait till Pic loads&#33;)
Its frustating , all my CS 1.5 favorites servers had already updated to Steam, yesterday i played 1.6 OK, but today when i just got back home, THE STUPID ERROR SHOWED UP&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;

Dunno what to do....

Can you help me CadeLaguana?

:( :( :unsure:

Cygnuz-Y
09-16-2003, 10:58 PM
Now i COMPLETLY uninstalled Steam and i installed it again, but now when i open it, Steam doesnt show anything at all.... but is running, watch this...

http://www.iespana.es/Planet-Z/K-lite%20pics/error2.jpg

(Wait for the pic to load&#33;)
BUT STEAM DOESNT SHOW NOTHING ONSCREEN OR IN THE TASKBAR....

Help :( :( :( :( :(

Cygnuz-Y
09-17-2003, 12:10 AM
Well im going to quit CS until CZ is released, I just hope that CZ doesnt use that "Steam" Bullshit, "no more CS for Cygnuz :&#39;( "

Steam shure is the work of the :devil:

:swear: Steam and Valve....

CadeLaguana
09-17-2003, 12:50 AM
Well your welcome for the guide....Oh ummmm....ermmm

Counter-strike condition zero is kind of....sort of..... for... *cough* steam *cough*....

sorry ;) I think its going to have to work with steam...not sure....

I would recommend you keep trying to get steam to work. Don&#39;t give up on counter-strike just because of steam. Don&#39;t let steam defeat you. Peace ;) :D

Cygnuz-Y
09-17-2003, 01:02 AM
everytime i install this shit, it just opens a window that says "updating STEAM" and when it closes after 2 min, NOTHING HAPPENS, nothing at all, i have uninstalled this over and over again, HOw did you make to get steam to work CadeLaguana, IM BEGGING FOR YOUR HELP&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33; :&#39;(

CadeLaguana
09-17-2003, 01:31 AM
Well steam does take a few minutes to get up. Just keep trying the update thing. After the update thing is done go take a load off and see if the steam ever pops up. I know it was hell trying to get to the point I am now. Mess around with it. Keep launching it. Then after its launched go to monitor. Then once at monitor make sure all updates are done... BUT sometimes it will say no games updating...but then they will come up. After you get it done just keep it on monitor all night then when you wake up they should all be updated...well thats what I did...My games are all up to date, I can play them all. Takes a little eblow greese so mess round with it.

OHH and if you uninstall it, make sure you delete the steam folder and all of its contents then reinstall. Hope you get it working ;) .

huuramis
09-17-2003, 01:52 AM
well well well, in steams beta mode everyone was telling me to shutup about how crap steam is, now look at you all&#33; im glad to see you all aggree with me&#33;.

Steam is still crap, and theres nothing we can do about it. seriously, there is absolutly NOTHING WE CAN DO ABOUT IT&#33;, there was even a patition made where over 18,000 people signed saying they want steam gone and they want thigs back to normal. but that didnt help so i guess nothing will.

steam is not a shit program if you have adsl or cable, its only a problem for dialup because the files are so big, i had to go to my local lan center to download it, then i had to pay 5&#036; for them to burn it on a cd for me&#33;

be happy you cablers/adsl&#39;ers can download it for free without hasles.

if you still having problems with adsl or cable then you mgiht have downloaded a currupt file, download accelerators and programs like GET RIGHT and so on CAN and mostly WILL currupt a file that is this size. so just download it normally.

use the link below, i dont know if u all know about it, but it contains the GCACHE FILES for halflife and cs1.6.

http://files.games.eftel.com/halflife/stea...mInstall_CS.exe (http://files.games.eftel.com/halflife/steam/SteamInstall_CS.exe)

EDIT: CZ Will be running on steam i think, since there will be no more won authentication soon, how else are they going to run it ?.

and CZ IS CRAP ANYWAYS its the same as cs right now just with better quality models&#33; THAT IS ALL&#33;.

CadeLaguana
09-17-2003, 04:13 AM
First of all I don&#39;t think steam is crap. Second of all that petition contains tons of people that signed it twice. I doubt they count ips as only one. I bet 1 person signed it 20 times with different names, and if half the people did it, that makes a shitload of signs.....

Oh and what about people that didn&#39;t think steam sucked but signed anyway to tell people to shutup. Those count...even know the fools that like steam don&#39;t realise thier signing it. Out of 18,000 signitures I belive that less than 10,000 signed, not including those that signed twice, not including the fools that didnt mean to sign by flaming the petition...

I may be wrong but I know how those petitions go...

They arent going to flush a big project down the drain without it successeding...

Things will improve....Just have patients....I imagine over the next few updates steam will have all the kinks worked out. ;)

DWk
09-17-2003, 04:47 AM
ah nj cade...i got steam workin :)

well i didnt have much of a problem...except i miss my binds...but thx for postin how...

well just wondering how u know this? since the cs steam uses is only a cache file, i didnt know u could make new folders the way u made em.... oh nm i just checked....but where are the maps? the cfgs? the "models"? oh well just wondering...

do u know if i put a .cfg file in the cstrike dir i can just run it with the command line in steam?

thx

DWk

CadeLaguana
09-17-2003, 06:11 AM
If you want your own custom maps its simple. Just make a folder in cstrike and name it "maps" then put all custom maps in there. It will read them and load them. As far as the .cfg file I&#39;m not sure....

Oh and how I know this...well lets just say I know everything or

You can just say I know enough ;)

RedRival
09-17-2003, 06:57 PM
More often than not, Steam will just run quietly in your taskbar doing nothing. Well actually, it&#39;s retying to connect to the steam servers which are incredibly busy at the moment. I remembered booting my computer up twice and had steam automatically connected at the start on both occasions, and for a moment I though the server connection got better. Steam ALWAYS seem to freeze for some reason, either hanging after trying to prepare a game or after u play a game and exit, it freezes as well. Now when you do ctrl-alt-del steam and try to reconnect it again, it will take you some luck for it to recconect.

But I have to say conditions are getting better, I&#39;m actually playing CS 1.6 when I do get connected to steam. And I&#39;m rpud to say Im a Riot shield whore :lol: :lol: :lol:

Cygnuz-Y
09-17-2003, 07:04 PM
No dude, now after 25 uninstall and install tries my "Steaminstaller_cs1.6.exe" has corrupted or something cuz it wont open anymore, so this is it , HAVE A GREAT TIME PLAYING 1.6 cuz, im done, have fun for both of us RedRival, Make all the frags i would make.... Cheers&#33; :unsure:

RedRival
09-17-2003, 08:25 PM
Steam is SO FRIGGIN BUGGY, now it tells me my email account does not exist or the password is invalid, I mean wtf? It was working fine and I log out, now when I log back in it&#39;s not valid??? So I start a new account and it works, and now when I wanna play CS it asks for my bloody damned CD key again&#33;&#33; I mean wtf, like I would keep my bloody cd case after 3 years+. Even the registry method doesn&#39;t work anymore, so there&#39;s no way I can determine my fkn damned cd key, GG STEAM. :angry: :angry:

Cygnuz-Y
09-17-2003, 10:41 PM
"Hmmmmm thats weird cyz everyone says Steam is bug free <_< "

BULLSHIT&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33; Now you cant play CS too, is so fucking annoying......

:angry: :angry: :angry:

Cygnuz-Y
09-17-2003, 10:43 PM
"Hmmmmm thats weird cuz everyone says Steam is bug free <_< "

BULLSHIT&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33; Now you cant play CS too, is so fucking annoying......

:angry: :angry: :angry:

DAMN VALVE, DAMN SIERRA, DAMN STEAM, DAMN THE GUY THAT MADE CS (cuz he sold Cs to Valve) DAMN YOU, DAMN YOU&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;

ARGhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh :angry: :angry: :angry:

Cygnuz-Y
09-17-2003, 11:01 PM
Now after a long time i finally found my digital camera so here is a picture of me.....

CYGNUZ-Y = http://www.iespana.es/Planet-Z/K-lite%20pics/deadsteam.jpg

DWk
09-18-2003, 01:45 AM
lol man....u prolly have a virus in ur system if the file got corrupted....

last time i got a virus it was called W32/Pate.a (or B ) and it messed up my .exe...

maybe u got that? :blink:

DWk

DWk
09-18-2003, 01:47 AM
well back to CS1.6.....cade i got a couple of questions:

how can i bind my crouch jump? can i put it the same way i binded (with aliases) in 1.5?

ima try in like 10 mins....if it works i come back and tell :D

btw....the new binding RULES....seems so easy....but does the menu close or not?

DWk

Cygnuz-Y
09-18-2003, 02:14 AM
lol man....u prolly have a virus in ur system if the file got corrupted....

"Hmmmmmmmmmmm O K " <_<

And the "virus" just attacked "Steam"?

So is that virus meant to attack only "Steam", never heard of that possiblility, good one&#33;.... <_< <_< :( :angry:

CadeLaguana
09-18-2003, 02:33 AM
Bind a crouch jump? lol

Sorry for laughing my ass off but why do you need to bind one key to crouch jump when you can just jump then hit crouch.

Obviously people do this??

I&#39;ve never heard of someone doing that before....

I just jump and crouch....its easy why you need a whole key for that???

DWk
09-18-2003, 03:02 AM
i dont use the regular "wsad" keys... :D

w0ot just binded it all...w00h00 :D

DWk

DWk
09-18-2003, 03:04 AM
oh i forgot to say...that u can bind the way you do in 1.5 as well....but the menu still stays on-screen...so its better to use the new way...

yea u can use alias as well...and they save up :D

DWk

DWk
09-18-2003, 03:29 AM
u know if i can use hlamp with 1.6?

DWk

Cygnuz-Y
09-18-2003, 03:32 AM
Are you serious people, are U using Steam?

Good God, looks like 2 out of 10 guys got Steam working, good job.....&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;

:blink:

Cygnuz-Y
09-18-2003, 03:47 AM
Wow, i did a little google research and found that EVERYONE is complaining but no one can give a real solution, not even "pussy Asshole VALVe", here is a web page with pics of all the errors that fucking STEAM displays....

Do they all have that Virus DWk? :blink: Hmmm?

STEAM ERROR PICS (http://www.trixz.com/steamerror/index.html)

Wow that virus is indeed powerfull DWk.... it got in all those "Steam" &#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;

DWk
09-18-2003, 04:06 AM
lol nice pics....i wonder if you can actually read those errors...

1.6....so far, so good...steam isnt buggin :D

concerning your much sarcastic and offensive comment about the virus - my post about the virus is regarding your "corrupt" Steam installation file.... not the errors Steam can give...

pussy asshole Valve? wow that surprises me...i thought u were a true valve fan... oh well... i guess only the real ones stay throught winds and storm....not just the sunny days

DWk

Cygnuz-Y
09-18-2003, 04:14 AM
Ok "smarty pants", U think a Stupid Antivirus can solve all the Steam errors, I mean since you can read all those errors? <_<

:blink:

Good Steam worked for you, but stop saying is good, CUZ IT ISNT&#33;

:angry:

:swear: ing shit, i have never hatted something this much&#33; I HATE STEAM&#33;

Win95 was better programmed than STEAM&#33; WAY BETTER&#33;

DWk
09-18-2003, 04:50 AM
You said: "Ok "smarty pants", U think a Stupid Antivirus can solve all the Steam errors, I mean since you can read all those errors? "

2 or 3 of the errors are exceptions....and the numbers and letters tell you where in the array the error is found...

You said: "Good Steam worked for you, but stop saying is good, CUZ IT ISNT&#33;"

read my post again plz.... i said "1.6....so far so good...steam isn&#39;t buggin"

i wonder how did u interpret my opinion of steam here? oh well...

DWk

Cygnuz-Y
09-18-2003, 05:08 AM
OK ok, lets close this thread here....

Bottom line...

I know steam sucks, U know Steam sucks, Everyone knows Steam sucks....

-------------------------------THREAD CLOSED--------------------------

CadeLaguana
09-18-2003, 05:37 AM
lol.

Well I&#39;d like to end this topic but I can&#39;t leave with someone saying the last word with

"Steam Sucks"

It doesnt..

ok....

<< THREAD CLOSED&#33;>>

:D

But seriously, Opinions should stay outta forums ;) .

Cygnuz-Y
09-18-2003, 05:44 AM
Hey Thanks for all your help CadeLaguana i really appreciate it, i only posted cuz i wanted help but seems that there is no HELP when "steam" is around.... i mean you cant stand people saying that "Steam Sucks" but what do you think all that people with errors feel about "steam", i dont think they think "Steam rules" ?

CadeLaguana
09-18-2003, 06:37 AM
Yes but your saying all together Steam sucks. Steam itself, the Idea, the integration, the buddy features, that all doesnt suck. What sucks is that some people can&#39;t get it to work and it has lots of bugs.

The idea itself doesn&#39;t suck. So when you say it sucks try to say:

Not getting steam to work sucks&#33;

or

There is a lot of bugs in steam that sucks&#33;

But I happen to like steam when it works, I do belive you would to. Give me a solid answer why it sucks. Not the bugs, not getting it to work.

If you got it working and it was bug free, just you and the GUI and its features, why does it suck?

What about steam besides the "problems" suck. I think the problems suck not steam....

silverccrow
09-18-2003, 06:50 AM
Steam sux but watch this cs 1.5 is alive with no cd key &#33; (http://www.edit-strike.nl/)

STEAM HELP US MAKING PEOPLE 2 FIND THE WAY 2 HACK WON ID CHECK &#33; :lol: :lol:

DWk
09-18-2003, 12:00 PM
the so-called "hacked" servers you are talkin about aren&#39;t new....perhaps just that one is "new" to having not to check WON.

However, hacked servers have been around for almost 3 years... perhaps more...

DWk

DWk
09-18-2003, 12:03 PM
ok goin back to the topic in question....

Cade: can u explain a lil better the thing about right and left hands of the models? i tried to install a nade skin (the only one i use) and it was mirrored to the left hand, even when i use right hand for it.....

the model has support for right hand (not sure if it has for left hand as well)...

also, do u know if we can still use custom decals?

DWk

Cygnuz-Y
09-18-2003, 06:37 PM
:x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x

Schuler
09-18-2003, 10:04 PM
I like the Steam idea, implementation is terrible. One minute I can connect the next I can&#39;t. I think if we&#39;re patient enough we can assume Valve is feverishly working on a fix as I&#39;m sure they can see it&#39;s a disaster right now. Of course I can only assume... :ph34r:

CadeLaguana
09-18-2003, 11:02 PM
Well dwk did you make sure that the v_r_xxx.mdl was renamed to v_xxx.mdl and replace the old one?

(xxx stands for whatever gun it was)

RedRival
09-19-2003, 12:13 PM
If you got it working on startup, then try not to quit it EVER. Because if you do, it&#39;s very unliley that you will be able to connect again. I always do a comp reboot if steam doesn&#39;t boot up fine. Situation seems to be getting better for me :rolleyes:

sickmonkey
09-19-2003, 01:26 PM
:swear: ing :swear: steam its highly unreliable i dont care what ANYONE says its a piece of :swear: .What the hell are you talkin about-&#39;When it works its good&#39;.OMFG it hardly ever works so its not :swear: ing good is it .Grrrrrrrrrrrrrr

Cygnuz-Y
09-19-2003, 04:20 PM
Originally posted by sickmonkey@19 September 2003 - 13:26
:swear: ing :swear: steam its highly unreliable i dont care what ANYONE says its a piece of :swear: .What the hell are you talkin about-&#39;When it works its good&#39;.OMFG it hardly ever works so its not :swear: ing good is it .Grrrrrrrrrrrrrr
YES&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33; :angry:

CadeLaguana
09-19-2003, 10:17 PM
Originally posted by sickmonkey@19 September 2003 - 14:26
You are just one sick monkey....

But your also sort of right...

Yes steam works for me perfectly. I double click its shortcut it pops right up in seconds..

All my games work and I have no problems.

But I do feel sorry for other people. What about people that will buy counter-strike in the future, they will try to connect through a game in there menu and find out that....do they realize they need steam. What if they bought counter-strike because they know thier low end pc would run on it and then they have to get stea wich blows that to shit...

I understand that and I am sorry for the people that have a dead product because of that. As far as the slow starting well I think the reason It starts up for me so fast is because of my fast proccessor and ram but it will start up.

Ok cygnuz-Y I really want to help you get this game working. First off let me get this straight, you just want to play counter-strike right???

and I hope you have cable...

Ok make sure all half life and counterstrike games and mods are uninstalled...
delete thier folders. Then uninstall steam completely, delete its folder. Now install the steam clien WITHOUT the steam cache. Create new account and get to the game section. Make sure the only mods highlighted are Half-Life and Counter-strike. Any other maps, junk say no to. When you get to the game area click on counter-strike, it will ask if you want to add this game say yes. It may seem like it freezes but it won&#39;t. Wait untill it brings up a menu that says how many minutes to play counter-strike. Leave it on all night depending on the time it says of course....Then when its done, you should be in game. But still don&#39;t play. Exit the counter-strike menu and go to steam, then monitor. Leave that monitor window open, let it update the game counter-strike, and make sure counter-strike has "always update game" on in the properties of it. Go to monitor and when it says no games updating for about 5 minutes then close it. Sometimes it will go on and off with updating cs and then you think its done, but it isn&#39;t. After about 5 minutes of saying no games updating (instead of cs just coming up with how many kbps its updating...it will do that), then close it and start cs. Thats what I did and counter-strike and my other games work. Even though I do have a fast computer it takes patients. When you think it has crashed, it may not have.

Hope you get it working and I&#39;m really sorry guys.

Peace

Cade Laguana ;)

DWk
09-19-2003, 10:44 PM
Originally posted by CadeLaguana@18 September 2003 - 23:02
Well dwk did you make sure that the v_r_xxx.mdl was renamed to v_xxx.mdl and replace the old one?

(xxx stands for whatever gun it was)
ok so the nade mod comes with 3 .mdl files

p_hegrenade.mdl
v_hegrenade.mdl
w_hegrenade.mdl

and one sound file

pinpull.wav

can u tell me what to do? do i rename these files (of course, except the p mdl) and put em in models/weapons?

DWk

CadeLaguana
09-19-2003, 11:00 PM
Put those models into (default directory: C: Program files&#092;steam&#092;steam apps&#092;YOUR EMAIL&#092;Counter-strike&#092;cstrike&#092;Models

You will have to create a folder and name it "models" in the "cstrike" folder.

Put those models into that folder, and the pinpull wav put it into a folder named "sound". You will have to create the folder named "sound" and also put it in the cstrike folder. I hope I got that right....

Oh and I too can&#39;t seem to understand why the models are left handed. I&#39;ll have to read around....

;) :D

kazaaliterock
09-20-2003, 12:35 AM
i dunno why its left handed either but one of my model is right handed for some reason. but if u want to change from left hand to right just open up console and type in cl_righthand 1or 0 depending on what it is at right now.

CadeLaguana
09-20-2003, 01:08 AM
Yes I heard about doing that. I don&#39;t feel like it though, I can handel normal models for now...

I&#39;m mainly waiting untill everything is finished, 1.6, steam being ironed out. Then I&#39;ll do something...

DWk
09-20-2003, 02:48 AM
actually i use the regular skins....im not much into fancy things...i just like things working.... but i like the nade mod....the animation is that it throws it into the air flipping...then gets it again...

oh well...yea i can still wait :D

DWk

DWk
09-20-2003, 04:31 AM
check it out
http://www.forumplanet.com/counterstrike/forum.asp?fid=4968

found some info :D

DWk