PDA

View Full Version : About Deluge

Rikikii
02-19-2009, 07:25 AM
Today I started to use Deluge. I like it so much, but I have a question. Is it banned on any trackers? Don't say ''Google'' or ''Search on trackers' forums''. I'm too lazy.

apextwin146
02-19-2009, 07:30 AM
On BitMeTV its banned for reporting incorrect statistics ..

Rikikii
02-19-2009, 07:35 AM
Thanks for reply. Is there any other trackers where it's banned?

Funkin'
02-19-2009, 07:50 AM
I think Tophos it is too. Actually not banned, it's just not on the list because the staff doesn't know anything about it(same with a couple other clients).

If you like Deluge then you should like KTorrent even more. I think it's the best client out there. Give it a shot.

Rikikii
02-19-2009, 08:31 AM
Thanks for recommendation, Funkin. Is KTorrent working on Windows too?

Funkin'
02-19-2009, 08:35 AM
Yep. But I haven't used it in Windows, on Linux.

http://ktorrent.org/?q=downloads

Rikikii
02-19-2009, 08:45 AM
Should I download that KDE?

mol3culez
02-19-2009, 09:15 AM
Im gonna test out the KDE installation in win xp 64. I'll report back once I get everything going.

Rikikii
02-19-2009, 09:17 AM
Ok, thanks, mol3culez.

mol3culez
02-19-2009, 09:57 AM
Ok, looks cool but there are some issues i'm having in windows.

It seems like to set this up easily all downloads need to be in the same folder. Also when moving data it only allows me to access my C: drive for some reason. I gotta play around with this a little bit and see what I can make happen.

I didn't know a kde for windows was available untill this thread, thx for the tip.;)

It's the same as the linux version so if you like the linux version try it out.

I think i'm gonna try using it for a few new torrents. The problem I always run into in linux is getting my uploads to recheck and seed.

no_bother
02-19-2009, 09:58 AM
No its safe to use everywhere. EVERYWHERE. go use it, and get banned, serves you right for being lazy.

Rikikii
02-19-2009, 10:27 AM
Well, I downloaded and installed KTorrent, and I tried to download something and I had a problem.
I tried to open that torrent like in uTorrent: find torrent to download, and press ''Open with'', but nothing happened.

Funkin'
02-19-2009, 11:23 AM
See I'm not sure how it behaves in Windows since I've never used it on that OS. In linux though when you hit the Open button a browser window will show up so you can select the .torrent. Not sure why it's not behaving that way in Windows. Go to their forums and ask. The devs are pretty active there.

mol3, all downloads don't have to be in the same folder. When you add a new torrent to the client a window will pop up, you should be able to pick the folder where you want it downloaded to then. You can also set tabs for each individual tracker that you use in the interface. And when that window pops up when you add a new torrent, you can pick which tracker tab the torrent will display in.

Check out the plug ins too. There's a media plug in that's pretty cool. It's really nice to be able to listen to your downloaded music right through your client. One of the devs said they are going to add playlists and a couple other things to it in 3.3.

Rikikii
02-19-2009, 11:42 AM
Another problem - I downloaded torrent from scc, and everything was ok.
I tried to download other torrents from tr and ftn, but the status column says: ''stalling''. What does it mean? How can I solve it?

Funkin'
02-19-2009, 12:06 PM
What I've seen is that Stalled can mean a few things. One is you're not connected to any peers so you're not downloading. It always connects after a sec and starts downloading though. Weird though, I've never gotten this Stalled status at FTN, and I've been using this client there for months. I've seen this status most when I grab something from Demonoid.

TR I'm not sure since I'm not a member. But you can also get that status when a tracker doesn't allow the client version, so you can't download from the tracker. Look at the bottom of the client. There's a bunch of tabs. One should say something like Tracker Status, or just Status(I don't have KT on this computer I'm on right now). Click on that tab, then click on a torrent from TR to select it. The status of the TR tracker should now display. If the status is OK, then unfortunately I'm not sure what's going.

Did you play with your settings? You can also get the Stalled status when a download is in queue too. So set your settings to allow quite a few downloads at once.

If this doesn't help, then go to their forums. I think I read somewhere that KT is a modified version of Rtorrent/Libtorrent. A native linux client. So KT may be a little unstable on Windows(like Deluge is).

Rikikii
02-19-2009, 12:18 PM
I was so foolish. I didn't mind about restarting KTorrent.

Thank you guys for your answers. :)

paulygizzo
02-19-2009, 07:34 PM
What happen to wild bytes it's been down for three days

Gheyness
02-19-2009, 08:27 PM
No_Brother well someone has to be on the frontline testing these things out. Plus anywhere decent, SEEDBOX :p.

Deluge is nice, been running it for about a day or so. KTorrent whoops it's ass all over barbie girl world.