PDA

View Full Version : Why Not Put The Pressure On Our Providers?

ultramagna
09-18-2003, 03:13 AM
You say to boycott the music industry by not buying cd's and such. You can do that, but why not also boycott your local providers? They are the ones giving out your private information without even a fight. Make them fight for your rights in court! You are the reason they exist! Without you, they are bankrupt! They are the ones that have the money to fight in court for your rights. If we boycott them, SBC, Comcast, etc..., and threaten to cancel on them and switch providers if they continue to sell their customers short, then lets do it! THEY can afford to fight for their customers! If they don't, they lose their customers! Who's with me!

Mr. Blunt
09-18-2003, 03:34 AM
Originally posted by ultramagna@17 September 2003 - 20:13
Who's with me!
No one.

Well, not me. ;)

ultramagna
09-18-2003, 03:39 AM
You dildo weed. Don't stop using the internet. Switch providers. I've already left Comcast with above reasons, and now residing with a local company (who's not on the top hit list of the RIAA).

Adster
09-18-2003, 03:42 AM
I keep sayign thsi but ppl think im bullshit

downloading mp3s and movies is known as data right??

so when I look up a website thats data too right???

is downloading data illegal??

if it is the whgole internet is illegal

ultramagna
09-18-2003, 03:46 AM
Whoever said it best, said it like this:

You can record music from your tv/vcr/cable/radio, etc., So why are they only going after those who obtain music through the internet???

Very onesided and if I were a judge, I would have thrown out the very first lawsuit them fools came up with :)

MUSLEMAN
09-18-2003, 04:37 AM
Originally posted by ultramagna@17 September 2003 - 23:46
Whoever said it best, said it like this:

You can record music from your tv/vcr/cable/radio, etc., So why are they only going after those who obtain music through the internet???

Very onesided and if I were a judge, I would have thrown out the very first lawsuit them fools came up with :)
i think the answer to this question is pretty much common sense,, when you record off your vcr or radio, 4 million people don't endup with it :lol: B)

ultramagna
09-18-2003, 04:43 AM
Duh -:)
This is common sense: 4 million people will end up with it if 4 million people (or more) do it.

What about the 4 million people recording the music off the satallite/cable music channels and the 4 million that just recorded it off the radio that day and gave a copy to their friends, and so on, and so forth....^._.^

toddiscool
09-18-2003, 05:13 AM
If youthink that switching your ISP si gonna do anything you are sadly mistaken. Wrond direction all together, I like adster have posted this a few times but it is ignored.

That is what they want you to do. Time warner is alreaddy starting to buy out comcast as a result of people switching. Soon all we be timewarner (pratically is now anyways, they own the backbones)
At that point Time Warner can put whatever restrictions it wants on its connections, what are you gonna do about it? switch?

So leaving your ISP is not the answer, wrong direction all together. Why do you think verizon has been fighting it?

DasScoot
09-18-2003, 06:38 AM
Originally posted by Adster@18 September 2003 - 03:42
I keep sayign thsi but ppl think im bullshit

downloading mp3s and movies is known as data right??

so when I look up a website thats data too right???

is downloading data illegal??

if it is the whgole internet is illegal
Yea, you're bullshit.

Panth-
09-18-2003, 07:12 AM
Ya I really like comcast, had nothing but good service with them and a little court order wont make me close the door on em.

I hate to say it but my share folder has gone from 500 to about 15 this week, I transferred most files out of my shared.

RealitY
09-18-2003, 07:24 AM
Well if your with Comcast I might say switch...
As for the rest, its a bowl of soup...

qaz_rich_qaz
09-18-2003, 11:29 AM
And what will switching providers achieve? not much really... if they find you out they find you out.. they will get your details anyway. So if you are with a provider that gives your details to the RIAA, then you switch providers coz of that, the RIAA already have your details anyway.. and if you switch before that it wont change much coz most providers will just bend over and take it in the ass from the RIAA.

ultramagna
09-18-2003, 10:55 PM
Ok, I agree with y'all.

But as a post above mentioned, leave comcast cuz they are as bad as they come and probably sold their customers out without a thought and are probably already bought anyway.

As for the other providers, maybe they will continue to fight and win for us!

Although, on a bright side, I liked this little bit'o reading:

http://wired.com/news/politics/0,1283,60461,00.html

Panth-
09-19-2003, 11:16 PM
I have 3 options.
Comcast - 44.99 - Speed: Cable / 1800 KB/s
Qwest - 43.99 - Speed: DSL / 768 KB/s
MSN - 35.99 - Speed: DSL / 512 KB/s