PDA

View Full Version : Motivation

iceman0113
03-15-2009, 07:58 PM
What's your motivation to get things done? I should be studying for my 2 midterms tomorrow, but here I am posting and going to digg at the same time.

Mr. Mulder
03-15-2009, 08:08 PM
i shouldn't be doing anything and don't have anywhere to be right now :emo:

Something Else
03-15-2009, 09:39 PM
Sounds like a bromance developing. :wub:

chalice
03-15-2009, 09:46 PM
Took all that is in me not to harsh this thread.

I'm considering it an exercise in will power.

must...not...harsh...the...well...meaning...noob.

:pinch:

chalice
03-15-2009, 09:47 PM
:pinch:

Cabalo
03-15-2009, 09:48 PM
What's your motivation to get things done? I should be studying for my 2 midterms tomorrow, but here I am posting and going to digg at the same time.
this is my motivation:
http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/b/be/Euro_banknotes.png

chalice
03-15-2009, 11:54 PM
this is my motivation:

Brilliant.

Are you actively trying to be a fucking spastic?

Or can't you help it?

Something Else
03-15-2009, 11:55 PM
he's not on your ignore list? Fail. :no:

chalice
03-15-2009, 11:57 PM
I don't ignore anybody, mate. True story.

I've got a rule about that.

iceman0113
03-16-2009, 01:17 AM
this is my motivation:

No point. The financial world is collapsing and only a matter of time before it gets worse before it gets better. :cry:

After looking at a bunch of motivational posters, i got some motivation to finish. They work! :lol:

MackDaddy
03-16-2009, 02:25 AM
this is my motivation:

No point. The financial world is collapsing and only a matter of time before it gets worse before it gets better. :cry:

After looking at a bunch of motivational posters, i got some motivation to finish. They work! :lol:

If not for money then maybe this might work

http://i43.tinypic.com/2dbqanr.jpg

Squeamous
03-16-2009, 08:05 AM

Honestly, when I studied I allowed myself a wank every 4 pages of A4 I learnt. It must have worked because I got As :yup:

Artemis
03-16-2009, 08:49 AM

Honestly, when I studied I allowed myself a wank every 4 pages of A4 I learnt. It must have worked because I got As :yup:

But what about the chafing ? :O Or are you a slow reader.............

Squeamous
03-16-2009, 11:32 AM
I am a exceptionally slow studier. But you adapt it to your personal limitations. I found 4 pages quite a good work/wank balance, but others might like to do fewer or more.

Barbarossa
03-16-2009, 11:41 AM
If you learn things whilst in a state of arousal, do you have to get back into that state to remember them again? :blink:

(Like if you do things whilst drunk you only remember them when you are drunk again.)

That could make examination rooms fairly unpleasant places to be in.

Well, not for the perpetually wanking students, obviously.

Anyway, I guess science has the answer.

Squeamous
03-16-2009, 01:28 PM
I have a feeling you're not taking my suggestion seriously, Barbie :smilie4:

Another thing that motivated me was writing a timetable of revision times for the subjects and sticking to it. If you try to chop and change what you're studying it keeps your brain from getting bored. And let yourself have say, 10 minutes off for every hour of revision. Walk about a bit, have a breather, a cuppa, surf the webby or whatever. Pretty soon you'll feel so proud of yourself for exercising self control you'll want to study.

Something Else
03-16-2009, 01:52 PM
Afternoonsup married internet nerd flirters. :smilie4:

Albo Da Kid
03-16-2009, 09:21 PM
Afternoonsup married internet nerd flirters. :smilie4:
Fucking degrading if you ask me

Rat Faced
03-17-2009, 08:36 PM
Another thing that motivated me was writing a timetable of revision times for the subjects...

Rimmer showed us how to do that, didn't he?

MackDaddy
03-17-2009, 09:03 PM
I have a feeling you're not taking my suggestion seriously, Barbie :smilie4:

Another thing that motivated me was writing a timetable of revision times for the subjects and sticking to it. If you try to chop and change what you're studying it keeps your brain from getting bored. And let yourself have say, 10 minutes off for every hour of revision. Walk about a bit, have a breather, a cuppa, surf the webby or whatever. Pretty soon you'll feel so proud of yourself for exercising self control you'll want to study.

Well, if you can't keep this balance for too many hours then maybe this can be a second wind motivation

http://i42.tinypic.com/33ner8m.jpg

Snee
03-17-2009, 09:13 PM
Haven't figured out how to post images, eh?

How very familiar :dabs:

MackDaddy
03-17-2009, 09:28 PM

I don't know man, I even tried changing the code around the link

I looked to try to find how to post pictures, and I can't get it to work yet

How can I do it without it being a thumbnail?

Artemis
03-17-2009, 09:37 PM

˙ǝƃɐɯı ǝuo Ħoʇsǝɹd puɐ 'ǝƃɐssǝɯ ɹnoʎ oʇuı ʞuıן ǝɥʇ ǝʇsɐd puɐ ɯoɔ˙ɔıdʎuıʇ˙ʍʍʍ ǝʞıן ǝʇısqǝʍ ɐ uo ǝƃɐɯı ɹnoʎ ʇsoɥ oʇ pǝǝu noʎ

MackDaddy
03-17-2009, 09:40 PM

˙ǝƃɐɯı ǝuo Ħoʇsǝɹd puɐ 'ǝƃɐssǝɯ ɹnoʎ oʇuı ʞuıן ǝɥʇ ǝʇsɐd puɐ ɯoɔ˙ɔıdʎuıʇ˙ʍʍʍ ǝʞıן ǝʇısqǝʍ ɐ uo ǝƃɐɯı ɹnoʎ ʇsoɥ oʇ pǝǝu noʎ

Well, thanks for the tip, it works