PDA

View Full Version : Bought my first car today

Smith
03-19-2009, 01:10 AM
Today, I put a down payment on a 2005 Subaru Impreza RS. Its red, has power everything, a sunroof and only 70k on it. I pick it up next week, they are re painting the hood and fenders because its got a bunch of paint chips on it. I cant wait, I took it for a drive today. Its the first 5 speed I've ever owned..Its going to be something to get used too but man does this thing ever move for a tiny 2.5L

chalice
03-19-2009, 01:14 AM
In other interesting news...

I had spicy chicken wings for dinner. But I went and stripped the meat off of them and put them in a tortilla with some cheese. It was nice. Especially cos I put some of that Jack Daniels chilli sauce on it too.

pentomato
03-19-2009, 01:46 AM
Spicy chicken makes your arss burn chalice, you should drink gasoline with it

iceman0113
03-19-2009, 01:58 AM
2005 with 70k miles on it. The average is 10k miles per year. Yeah, I'd say bad deal.

callum
03-19-2009, 01:58 AM
I went to farmfoods today to fill the freezer with crap. I wouldn't have thought it possible to spend £30 in there, but I did.
The multipacks of space raiders were nowhere to been, I was dissapointed to say the least.

Smith
03-19-2009, 10:52 AM
Um. the average is 20,000-25,000 kilometers a year.. for a 2005 its got low kilometers on it.

Skweeky
03-19-2009, 11:06 AM
A tiny 2.5l?

Must be nice to live in a country where petrol doesn't cost an arm and a leg.

Sounds like a nice car though, you never forget your first.

Mine was a black Alfa Romeo 156. Man did I love that car. Until the very day we hit a deer doing 70mph :cry:

NotLettingItGo
03-19-2009, 11:22 AM
That's an expensive way to get Venison, couldn't you just shoot it ?

:P

TeHShadowZ
03-19-2009, 12:19 PM
gj man, i'm still waiting for a good job so i can buy my first car too, haven't really thought that much. But still it would be better than call all the times to friends and whine, so they have to give me a ride :D

iceman0113
03-19-2009, 03:20 PM
gj man, i'm still waiting for a good job so i can buy my first car too, haven't really thought that much. But still it would be better than call all the times to friends and whine, so they have to give me a ride :D

But you would've saved money that would've went to gas and insurance.
:lol:

Rat Faced
03-19-2009, 04:29 PM
A tiny 2.5l?

Must be nice to live in a country where petrol doesn't cost an arm and a leg.

Sounds like a nice car though, you never forget your first.

Mine was a black Alfa Romeo 156. Man did I love that car. Until the very day we hit a deer doing 70mph :cry:

Thats one fast deer.

I'm surprised an Alfa Romeo kept going long enough to catch up with it :unsure:

Skweeky
03-19-2009, 05:35 PM
Never had any bother with it, the thing was fantastic. I miss it. Mind, I'd probably have killed myself by now if I still had it, it was just too fast and too agile.

JPaul
03-19-2009, 06:12 PM
2005 with 70k miles on it. The average is 10k miles per year. Yeah, I'd say bad deal.

How do you know how good the deal is, you don't know how much he's paying.

Not for me mate, don't really like Imprezas to drive however if you like it good on you, hope you have a lot of fun with it and don't die in a ball of flames.

tesco
03-20-2009, 10:18 PM
Today, I put a down payment on a 2005 Subaru Impreza RS. Its red, has power everything, a sunroof and only 70k on it. I pick it up next week, they are re painting the hood and fenders because its got a bunch of paint chips on it. I cant wait, I took it for a drive today. Its the first 5 speed I've ever owned..Its going to be something to get used too but man does this thing ever move for a tiny 2.5L
Good stuff. :cool:
I bought a 2004 Mazda6, fully loaded with a 3.0L v6, with 100k on it (and that's kilometres) in January for a pretty good price. It's my first car too (the van I had for 2 years before it doesn't count :lol:).
Was also looking at imprezas but decided I liked the mazda6 more. The impreza would have probably been my second choice though.:)

Anyway congratz on the new car and make sure you take care of it.

JPaul
03-21-2009, 12:58 AM
The Mazda 6 is a cracking car, fact.

callum
03-21-2009, 02:16 AM
Insurance must be cheap as chips in canadia, for these young men to be driving about in cars like that. Probably has something to do with most accidents involving mooses and beavers, they rarely claim for compensation.

tesco
03-21-2009, 01:01 PM
Insurance must be cheap as chips in canadia, for these young men to be driving about in cars like that. Probably has something to do with most accidents involving mooses and beavers, they rarely claim for compensation.
nope, pay 4400 a year. :pinch:

Proper Bo
03-21-2009, 05:13 PM
That's £2458, I reckon that (for a "fully loaded" 3.0l v6) is probably about the same as you'd be paying over here like.

Smith
03-21-2009, 06:38 PM

Even under my parents insurance I'm still paying 250$ a month. The only reason I'm spending a bit more on the car, is because I know its going to last. Id rather put up a bit more money up front, so I dont have to pay for an engine rebuild next year :P I had the Grand Prix before and it only lasted 2 years..this thing should last at least 5.

callum
03-21-2009, 10:13 PM

Even under my parents insurance I'm still paying 250$ a month. The only reason I'm spending a bit more on the car, is because I know its going to last. Id rather put up a bit more money up front, so I dont have to pay for an engine rebuild next year :P I had the Grand Prix before and it only lasted 2 years..this thing should last at least 5.

I'm 28 and just did my driving test in january, It would have cost me about £800 to insure my piece of crap 1.3 toyota starlet. I didn't fancy that so I got my girlfriends mother to insure it, with me as a named driver for £120. I cringe thinking about what I'd have to pay for insurance if I was driving what you or tesco have.