PDA

View Full Version : Best nero version to use for burning

Tony L
03-21-2009, 02:00 PM
What is the best version of nero to use with pluggins, for burning films already saved on pc? thank you

iLOVENZB
03-21-2009, 02:03 PM
What type of films we talking about?

iso, bin/cue?

Or just the plain old container eg. mkv, avi, rmvb etc...?

What type of plugins are you intending on using?

EDIT: Also noticed this in the wrong section. Should've been posted in Off-Topic (http://filesharingtalk.com/vb3/../f-off-topic-5/) > Software (http://filesharingtalk.com/vb3/../f-software-23/)

Tony L
03-21-2009, 03:36 PM
Sorry for posting in wrong section,plain ie,avi,divx ect,as for pluggins want something that i can put film thriugh nero without converting

darkeggo
03-27-2009, 08:32 PM
What do you mean by "without converting"? I assume you mean you have an avi and want to make it so you can play it in a DVD player. If that's the case, and if you don't have a divx dvd player, I'd say trying Nero 9. It comes with Nero Vision 5. So far, I haven't had any problems burning. But when I burn movies, it's usually only one movie per disc and no menu.

I always liked Nero 6.6. I must have burnt at least 100 DVDs perfectly with it. That was before Nero became complete bloatware.

But yeah, not exactly sure what you're looking for (not sure how you can burn an avi without converting it...) but Nero Vision takes an hour or so on my computer to convert and burn. There are, of course, better alternatives for those who want more control over menus and such, but for simple burning jobs, use Nero 6 if you get junk results from 9.

Bone.W.Machine
03-28-2009, 12:41 AM
Nero 9 should do the trick, but personally I never liked Nero 8 nor Nero 9. I stick with Nero 7. Looks graphically nicer and is also more organized in my opinion. :)

iLOVENZB
03-28-2009, 04:06 AM
Sorry for posting in wrong section,plain ie,avi,divx ect,as for pluggins want something that i can put film thriugh nero without converting

Hmm...

Most DVD Players now support the codec DivX so just burn as a "data disc".

If you have more time then use ConvertXtoDVD to encode, add DVD subtitles or just create a personalized custom DVD.

As for what version to use, they're basically the same but are now implementing some really shit features.

Usually the "latest the best...est"

Does this help?

peat moss
03-28-2009, 03:56 PM
That's good advice iLove , I'm tiered of the time converting takes , then won't play on my ps3 but plays flawlessly on my cheap dvd player in the bedroom .

If you just want to watch yourself and not build a library , use DVD-RW disks and erase after each use . :)