PDA

View Full Version : Daniel Hannan...

Skiz
03-29-2009, 03:29 AM
...appears to know what he's talking about. Are you Brits familiar with him? I've never heard of the fellow.

I can't very well comment on the accuracy of the comments, but I sure like his way of thinking.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=94lW6Y4tBXs

Rat Faced
03-29-2009, 10:56 AM
He's a very good orator.

Just a shame that 99% of the stuff he spouts is crap.. and this coming from someone that is no fan of Gordie.

There's a lot of guff over here about how the news channels didnt take up the story, and frankly its one where they'd be crusified both ways.

Many of us agree with his opinion of Mr Brown; however every single "Fact" that he quotes is either totally inaccurate or spun in such a way that it makes Tony Blair look honest.

His grasp of economics is such that just a couple of years ago he was demanding we all follow the Icelandic model.

An example is the External Debt that Banks in the UK have, which is blatent spin and half truths. London is a Financial "Hub" so many banks have a branch there purely for international dealings, however are not UK Banks.

His figures include all "Debt" of all Banks in the UK, including these Branches..ie: Money they have borrowed from overseas, this is over £1 Trillion.

Agreed, however he ignores the money owed, which is also over £1 Trillion. The "Net" Borrowing is closer to around £10Billion, some 1% of the figure being put forward by him. AND, as I said, I'm not at all sure that a substantial amount of this money (in or out) should be included, as its not "UK" money as explained before.

He also blasts the Government on the fact that the value of Sterling is falling, whilst not also pointing out the fact that he and his own Party also encourages Sterling to fall during recesion when they are in power, as does just about every Government around the world allow their currency to go down. Its basic economics in that Imports become more expensive and Exports are encouraged.. Protectionism by the back door.

He is a very good orator though..

lynx
03-30-2009, 12:04 AM
Who?

I think I'd rather listen to Jilted John.

Skiz
03-30-2009, 03:56 AM
Who?

lynx
03-30-2009, 12:30 PM
Who?Graham Fellows

Bone.W.Machine
03-30-2009, 05:28 PM
He's good at holding a speech, almost as good as Hitler.:idunno:

j2k4
04-11-2009, 06:27 PM
He's a very good orator.

Just a shame that 99% of the stuff he spouts is crap.. and this coming from someone that is no fan of Gordie.

There's a lot of guff over here about how the news channels didnt take up the story, and frankly its one where they'd be crusified both ways.

Many of us agree with his opinion of Mr Brown; however every single "Fact" that he quotes is either totally inaccurate or spun in such a way that it makes Tony Blair look honest.

His grasp of economics is such that just a couple of years ago he was demanding we all follow the Icelandic model.

An example is the External Debt that Banks in the UK have, which is blatent spin and half truths. London is a Financial "Hub" so many banks have a branch there purely for international dealings, however are not UK Banks.

His figures include all "Debt" of all Banks in the UK, including these Branches..ie: Money they have borrowed from overseas, this is over £1 Trillion.

Agreed, however he ignores the money owed, which is also over £1 Trillion. The "Net" Borrowing is closer to around £10Billion, some 1% of the figure being put forward by him. AND, as I said, I'm not at all sure that a substantial amount of this money (in or out) should be included, as its not "UK" money as explained before.

He also blasts the Government on the fact that the value of Sterling is falling, whilst not also pointing out the fact that he and his own Party also encourages Sterling to fall during recesion when they are in power, as does just about every Government around the world allow their currency to go down. Its basic economics in that Imports become more expensive and Exports are encouraged.. Protectionism by the back door.

He is a very good orator though..

I'll take what I've heard him say in our media.

Pure sense.