PDA

View Full Version : What Do You Do When Your Connections Down?

Cheese
09-23-2003, 08:21 PM
I have been unable to get on the internet for about 24 hours. Here's how I spent my time:

6 hours phoning up ISP to find out what was going on (5 of these hours where wasted listening to a recorded message...).

8 hours staring forlornly at the modem waiting for my connection to come back.

6 hours asleep dreaming of the time when I had an internet connection.

4 hours pacing around the house trying to remember what I used to do before I had the internet.

So my question is what do you do when you can't get online?

ps Yes, I'm aware that I should probably get a life...

olibomb
09-23-2003, 08:23 PM
I go and do something else :-"

netweiser
09-23-2003, 08:24 PM
go out to the pub or cinemas.. if its night time go to the club :D

razorsharp013
09-23-2003, 08:27 PM
I do either the same as you or what I do when I am online...nothing productive at all.

chinook_apache
09-23-2003, 08:29 PM
well i would hop onto my other pc which has seperate net line. if my 2 meg line went down(used for films) then i would use my 1 meg line (surfing net occasional dl) :) lol im sorted. and vice versa

Cheese
09-23-2003, 08:42 PM
Originally posted by chinook_apache@23 September 2003 - 21:29
well i would hop onto my other pc which has seperate net line. if my 2 meg line went down(used for films) then i would use my 1 meg line (surfing net occasional dl)  :)  lol im sorted. and vice versa

somehow i feel cheated i only have a half meg connection and whilst on the phone today to my ISP they said they had no plans to upgrade for the next 18 months!!!

one of the benfits of living in the middle of nowhere i guess...

chinook_apache
09-23-2003, 08:44 PM
yeah im with two seperate isp's. the second installer was suprised i was getting another line in