PDA

View Full Version : 52 Most Dangerous Amercians

Darth Sushi
09-27-2003, 09:48 AM
Too bad an English version is not available :D

http://www.mrxsss.com/blog/images/bushCards.jpg

http://www.mrxsss.com/blog/archives/2003/0..._americans.html (http://www.mrxsss.com/blog/archives/2003/05/13/the_52_most_dangerous_americans.html)

[edit]
Sorry for the spelling error.

3rd gen noob
09-27-2003, 09:53 AM
:lol:

they should make 52 of Bush :rolleyes:

Biggles
09-27-2003, 11:14 AM
:) Those naughty French people - they have such a zany sense of humour.

I believe they do make an English version in the interests of rapprochement. :)

Billy_Dean
09-27-2003, 11:29 AM
They should make a deck of cards for Great French Victories.

They won't need to kill many trees to produce that.

:)

Rat Faced
09-27-2003, 11:33 AM
The English Version......... (http://www.reseauvoltaire.net/IMG/pdf/bushregimedeck.pdf)

English version is not available to buy yet, but will be available soon apparently.

Biggles
09-27-2003, 11:42 AM
Billy

:) I think you are letting your natural Englsh prejudices show. Apart from the WW2 fiasco the French have a long and fairly distinguished military history.

They won a few lost a few just like everyone else.

ilw
09-27-2003, 11:58 AM
I know its been brought up before, but....
google -> type in
french military victories
click on i'm feeling lucky
click on the alternative

or if you can't be arsed
http://www.albinoblacksheep.com/text/france.html

chalice
09-27-2003, 11:59 AM
Originally posted by Biggles@27 September 2003 - 11:42
Billy

:) I think you are letting your natural Englsh prejudices show. Apart from the WW2 fiasco the French have a long and fairly distinguished military history.

They won a few lost a few just like everyone else.
I think he might be confusing the French with the Italians there, Biggles.

News just in from the Gulf: Italy have surrendered.

Billy_Dean
09-27-2003, 12:41 PM
Thanks ILW, interesting eh?

The Complete Military History of France 

- Gallic Wars
- Lost. In a war whose ending foreshadows the next 2000 years of French history, France is conquered by of all things, an Italian.

- Hundred Years War
- Mostly lost, saved at last by female schizophrenic who inadvertently creates The First Rule of French Warfare; "France's armies are victorious only when not led by a Frenchman." Sainted.

- Italian Wars
- Lost. France becomes the first and only country to ever lose two wars when fighting Italians.

- Wars of Religion
- France goes 0-5-4 against the Huguenots

- Thirty Years War
- France is technically not a participant, but manages to get invaded anyway. Claims a tie on the basis that eventually the other participants started ignoring her.

- War of Revolution
- Tied. Frenchmen take to wearing red flowerpots as chapeaux.

- The Dutch War
- Tied

- War of the Augsburg League/King William's War/French and Indian War
- Lost, but claimed as a tie. Three ties in a row induces deluded Frogophiles the world over to label the period as the height of French military power.

- War of the Spanish Succession
- Lost. The War also gave the French their first taste of a Marlborough, which they have loved every since.

- American Revolution
- In a move that will become quite familiar to future Americans, France claims a win even though the English colonists saw far more action. This is later known as "de Gaulle Syndrome", and leads to the Second Rule of French Warfare; "France only wins when America does most of the fighting."

- French Revolution
- Won, primarily due the fact that the opponent was also French.

- The Napoleonic Wars
- Lost. Temporary victories (remember the First Rule!) due to leadership of a Corsican, who ended up being no match for a British footwear designer.

- The Franco-Prussian War
- Lost. Germany first plays the role of drunk Frat boy to France's ugly girl home alone on a Saturday night.

- World War I
- Tied and on the way to losing, France is saved by the United States. Thousands of French women find out what it's like to not only sleep with a winner, but one who doesn't call her "Fraulein." Sadly, widespread use of condoms by American forces forestalls any improvement in the French bloodline.

- World War II
- Lost. Conquered French liberated by the United States and Britain just as they finish learning the Horst Wessel Song.

- War in Indochina
- Lost. French forces plead sickness; take to bed with the Dien Bien Flu

- Algerian Rebellion
- Lost. Loss marks the first defeat of a western army by a Non-Turkic Muslim force since the Crusades, and produces the First Rule of Muslim Warfare; "We can always beat the French." This rule is identical to the First Rules of the Italians, Russians, Germans, English, Dutch, Spanish, Vietnamese and Esquimaux.

- War on Terrorism
- France, keeping in mind its recent history, surrenders to Germans and Muslims just to be safe. Attempts to surrender to Vietnamese ambassador fail after he takes refuge in a McDonald's.

The question for any country silly enough to count on the French should not be "Can we count on the French?", but rather "How long until France collapses?"

"Going to war without France is like going deer hunting without an accordion. All you do is leave behind a lot of noisy baggage."

Or, better still, the quote from last week's Wall Street Journal: "They're there when they need you."

Biggles
09-27-2003, 12:51 PM
Billy

Amusing, actually, very amusing

But historically a tad selective. It is possible to do that to any country - with the possible exception of the Japanese.

The French have retained their independence of state and mind and I think we all have a begrudging admiration for anyone who does their own thing.

The English dislike of the French stems from 1066 when all the English aristocracy were replaced by French ones and French became the Court language. No likes a conquerer - least of all the conquered nation.

Hence, incidently, the dilemma the Coalition faces in Iraq.

Billy_Dean
09-27-2003, 12:59 PM
Interesting theory there Biggles. My dislike of the french is much less superficial than that, and includes many, many trips into and through France. When we used to drive down to Spain in the 60's, we always made sure we had enough petrol to get right through without stopping. As they say, "nice country, pity it's full of frogs"

Biggles
09-27-2003, 01:16 PM
Lol

As a Scot I can't say I have have ever had a problem. I have stayed with French friends and had a fantastic time. They really put themselves out to ensure we had a good time.

When my daughter was little she went behind their wood burning stove and came out absolutely covered in soot. They all started getting excited in that typically Gallic way and said don't move. I naturally equally yelled don't move as I didn't want her to get soot over everything. They ran off (I assumed to get a hose or at least a biological containment suit) only to be dumbfounded when they returned with cameras. To their delight she played to the camera beautifully and I made a mental note to never to get a wood burning stove.

My experience of the French is that they are cool.

Incidently when I worked in the S. West of England I was warned never to go to pig island (Wales) as they were horrible. However, we went and as we tried to stop for a pub lunch our 1 year old became fractious and it was really difficult. The barmaid came over and took him outside to a small kids area and played with him so we could get peace. We decided the Welsh were only horrible if you were English.

There would appear to be a trend here :rolleyes:

BILLY-THE-FISH
09-27-2003, 01:51 PM
Originally posted by Biggles@27 September 2003 - 12:14
:)  Those naughty French people - they have such a zany sense of humour.
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

BILLY-THE-FISH
09-27-2003, 01:54 PM
Was the real "Biggles" French?????
:lol: :lol: :lol:

Biggles
09-27-2003, 02:08 PM
:D

Difficult to say - what is the etymology of Bigglesworth?

:D

I just don't get the "a whole country is bad" thing. But I am not an advocate of PCism either so I can see the humour latent in stereotyping. Which is why I thought Billy's quote was funny.

No doubt there is one of those for most countries. As the bard said (our one, not Shakespere) "Ah the gift some power would give us, to see ourselves as others see us". Apologies, rough translation into modern English by me, in case any purists see red and set haggis bombs under my car.

Billy_Dean
09-27-2003, 02:33 PM
I've also met nice French people Biggles, of course I have, and as you say, generalisations can be funny.

I must say though, I have had bad experiences too. I lived in Goa for a few years in the early 80's, we residents were an international lot. Between us, we put on a party every few days, and everyone chipped in to help, German lights, American DJ, English PA, and so on. But not the French, no cooperation, in fact, often the opposite, they would sometimes put one on in opposition to yours, give away free acid or something, just to fuck you up.

j2k4
09-28-2003, 08:47 PM
Not to get back OT, but I have been informed I was in the running for the "two-of-clubs", but lost out in a run-off to L. Brent Bozell, III.

Oh, well-

If only I had not been off-line for so long........ :(

Billy_Dean
09-29-2003, 08:47 AM
Originally posted by j2k4@29 September 2003 - 05:47
Not to get back OT, but I have been informed I was in the running for the "two-of-clubs", but lost out in a run-off to L. Brent Bozell, III.

Oh, well-

There ... and here's me thinking you were the queen of hearts!

j2k4
09-29-2003, 05:47 PM
Originally posted by Billy_Dean+29 September 2003 - 03:47--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Billy_Dean &#064; 29 September 2003 - 03:47)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteBegin-j2k4@29 September 2003 - 05:47

Oh, well-

There ... and here&#39;s me thinking you were the queen of hearts&#33;

:)[/b][/quote]
I could have been KING&#33;

leonidas
09-29-2003, 09:47 PM
Be Afraid you bastards. We still got that:

http://tsauron.free.fr/collec57.gif http://tsauron.free.fr/bombe%20H.jpg http://tsauron.free.fr/collec57.gif
with the instructions to use it:
http://tsauron.free.fr/image009.jpg

And that:

http://xtofska.free.fr/guillotine.jpg

:ph34r: :ph34r: :ph34r: :ph34r: :ph34r: :ph34r: :ph34r: :ph34r: :ph34r:
An anonymous french terrorist.