PDA

View Full Version : Another Dumb Question

Louis Wu
09-27-2003, 10:22 AM
Hi again ...
I guess I'm a total noob when it comes to Bittorrent so I need my hand holding for a while.

I have a question about the bt client i'm using (PTC)
Each time I come to resume a download PTC seems to resume the download and start another download for the same file.
e.g ... I started a movie download and ptc displayed the download/upload info for the download in the 'files' section. When I came to resume the d/l, ptc checked the existing file then carried on with the d/l, but also added what looks like another d/l for the same file (which also checked my existing file and resumed). 3rd time I resumed it checked the previous 2 downloads and resumed them, and added another which it also checked and resumed....etc, etc.
Is this normal or am I doing something stupid with my resume? I've tried revisiting suprnova.org to resume the d/l by clicking the link, and by resuming the link from the .torrent file for it ...both of which give the same result.
Anyone able to give me any assistance? I tried the PTC forum but it looks kinda deserted.

Thanks again
LW

Rappy
09-27-2003, 10:27 AM
if its dumb don't post it :teehee:

Louis Wu
09-27-2003, 10:35 AM
Thanks for the tip. I'll bear that in mine next time i'm trying to figure out a topic title.

Rappy
09-27-2003, 10:39 AM
happy to help :w00t: