PDA

View Full Version : Which of these characters is worse...YOUR opinion

j2k4
06-09-2009, 10:21 PM
Bernie Madoff-

http://s.wsj.net/public/resources/documents/st_madoff_victims_20081215.html

or

Ahmed Ghailani=

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2009/06/09/guantanamo-detainee-pleads-guilty-embassy-bombings/

42er
06-09-2009, 10:45 PM
Ghailani; if he would have killed people.
A human life is more worth than any amount of money.
So, no matter how much money Madoff stole, Ghailani would be worse, but now, of course Ghailani is not guilty and Madoff is worse.

Rat Faced
06-13-2009, 01:43 PM
One is Guilty under the law, the other is innocent.

Until the courts decide otherwise, you have to say Madoff

clocker
06-14-2009, 05:16 PM

Indeed.

bigboab
06-14-2009, 06:57 PM

Agree totally.

Ghailani was arrested in Pakistan, there must be a lot of international legal arguments involved. There appears to be dubiety about the legality of extradition between the U.S.A. and Pakistan.

j2k4
06-14-2009, 08:21 PM
I'd go with Madoff myself.

How do you feel about 42er's post?

What if Ghailani is found guilty?

bigboab
06-14-2009, 09:26 PM
1. Too much information.:whistling

2. How do you feel about 42er's post?
Maybe Madoff caused someone to commit suicide. IMO that would be killing too.

3.What if Ghailani is found guilty?
It would create a very awkward situation. Do they hand him back to where the offences were committed? If not why not? The U.S.A. or any other country cannot imposing their laws on other countries.

Rat Faced
06-15-2009, 08:52 PM
I disagree Boab, many countries have Laws that go beyond their own borders.

It depends upon the Crime and the Countries involved.

In this instance, it's a crime in all the countries involved I think.. however most countries where there could be a fair trial wont now Prosecute.

The Perception worldwide is that the Accused has not been fairly treated and the evidence is now "Fruit from a Poisoned Tree" and a fair trial is impossible.(Is that the right expression?)

bigboab
06-17-2009, 07:09 AM
I disagree Boab, many countries have Laws that go beyond their own borders.

It depends upon the Crime and the Countries involved.

In this instance, it's a crime in all the countries involved I think.. however most countries where there could be a fair trial wont now Prosecute.

The Perception worldwide is that the Accused has not been fairly treated and the evidence is now "Fruit from a Poisoned Tree" and a fair trial is impossible.(Is that the right expression?)
If that is the case then the UN should try these cases. We don't want to give certain countries:whistling reasons to 'invade' other countries to capture offenders. Then hand the accused over to local people for trial. Can you see where I am going here? If so please let me know because I don't.:lol: