PDA

View Full Version : The Fourth Estate...

j2k4
06-16-2009, 07:19 PM
...is now The Fifth Column.

This is a bit much, even for Barry.

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2009/06/16/abc-news-teams-obama-white-house-present-presidents-health-care-plan/

bigboab
06-16-2009, 07:45 PM
All political parties use these tactics. In all 'question' programs the questions are not picked at random. They are picked/formed to suit the answers.
You will have to accept these facts Kev, It is now the Democrats turn to use these tactics.:whistling

clocker
06-16-2009, 10:58 PM
Were you equally outraged when Fox created and promoted the absurd "Tea Party" protests?

Yeah, thought not.

j2k4
06-16-2009, 11:48 PM
Were you equally outraged when Fox created and promoted the absurd "Tea Party" protests?

Yeah, thought not.

Did the Tea Parties germinate in the White House, take place under White House auspices, or bear the President's imprimatur?

No, thought not.

clocker
06-16-2009, 11:53 PM
So your problem is with Obama and not ABC News?

j2k4
06-17-2009, 12:45 AM
So your problem is with Obama and not ABC News?

Actually, no.

Obama has less to do with it than you assume.

clocker
06-17-2009, 03:23 AM
"Than I assume"?
What?

I have no clue what you're on about.

j2k4
06-17-2009, 09:47 AM
"Than I assume"?
What?

I have no clue what you're on about.

I can't believe you don't have any problem whatsoever with this comfy partnership between government and the media.

After all, you are a child of the sixties, and indoctrinated to be suspicious and paranoid about such things.

Have you taken leave of your senses.

clocker
06-17-2009, 12:40 PM
So let's see...the Obama admin wants to discuss/publicize their health care reform plans and ABC is willing to air it.

Jeez. you're right.
Hypnotoad will be on, won't he?

j2k4
06-17-2009, 02:47 PM
So let's see...the Obama admin wants to discuss/publicize their health care reform plans and ABC is willing to air it.

Jeez. you're right.
Hypnotoad will be on, won't he?

So you're totally okay with government (historically, your arch-nemesis) co-opting the media (your salvation, again, historically).

The mark of the true Obama fan-boi.

clocker
06-17-2009, 06:49 PM
Oh, bullshit.

The President is going to talk about health care and you don't think the media should cover it?
Where is the "co-opting"?

j2k4
06-17-2009, 07:46 PM
Oh, bullshit.

The President is going to talk about health care and you don't think the media should cover it?
Where is the "co-opting"?

Where is the co-opting?

Where are the other TV news outlets?

Or, on the planet Obamatron, does ABC sufficiently constitute "the media" to excuse any opposing viewpoints?

ABC asserts "Like any programs we broadcast, ABC News will have complete editorial control. To suggest otherwise is quite unfair to both our journalists and our audience..."

The first part shouldn't be construed as requiring any other than a normal, healthy suspicion to stink of fish, and the second part is so totally meaningless as to defy any conceivable context, much less the one presented.

Where has your paranoia gone, sir?

Failing to question government actions out of the comfort of having changed parties and nothing more?

You've bought it, lock stock and barrel, eh?

Has he done anything you're willing to question, anything at all.

clocker
06-17-2009, 10:29 PM
I suspect this has less to do with your fear for the independence of the media- after all, you recently stated that every news organization (save that shining beacon, Fox, naturally) is little more than a gaggle of Leftie sock puppets- and more about ABC's refusal to let Republicans insert their bloviators into the presentation.

Gee, that's tough.

j2k4
06-17-2009, 11:39 PM
I suspect this has less to do with your fear for the independence of the media- after all, you recently stated that every news organization (save that shining beacon, Fox, naturally) is little more than a gaggle of Leftie sock puppets- and more about ABC's refusal to let Republicans insert their bloviators into the presentation.

Gee, that's tough.

Here's a question, then:

Do you suppose you'd have had a problem with FOX setting up office in the White House.

Now, how's about if that had happened with Bush and...ABC?

clocker
06-18-2009, 12:55 AM
I suspect that Hannity, Beck and O'Reilly would all suffer conniption fits within a week.

So yeah, I'm all for it.

devilsadvocate
06-18-2009, 01:08 AM
Here's a question, then:

Do you suppose you'd have had a problem with FOX setting up office in the White House.

I think that's an unfair question to ask as fox has never and would never do that.

S5gNOete1mo

dVy3VRLU2Js

Didn't Scott McClellan state that they used Fox to put out their talking points?

Do the Hannity or Hume exclusive interviews with Cheney count?

All the major press agencies has a reporter INSIDE the White House every day.

I have to say mind that it would be nice if just one of them actually did the job they were supposed to and report facts instead of opinion and myth.

I can't remember the last time an administration was tackled properly, especially on policy.

Now talk about blowjobs and they bark like they have a pair.

j2k4
06-18-2009, 09:44 AM
I suspect that Hannity, Beck and O'Reilly would all suffer conniption fits within a week.

So yeah, I'm all for it.

My question was to you.