PDA

View Full Version : Bittorrent Error Every Time

soma
09-29-2003, 12:47 AM
Every torrent i try to open i get this error "problem connecting to tracker [10061] connection refused", thus nothing happens, no dl or ul, just sits there. I am using the experimental version, I have also tried Shadow's version and the new 3.3 (i think thats it) version...same error. It's not the torrent though cause I can open them with Azureus and it'll start to dl it, the prob is Azureus is much slower than the standard Bittorrent client... anybody know what's up? Thanx!

Kokanee
09-29-2003, 12:49 AM
where r u d/l from?

soma
09-29-2003, 01:15 AM
Thailand, but I was dl Diablo 1 and I had it to about 83% and I got disconnected then when I tried to connect back after a few hours I kept getting this message with the same file as well as any other torrent, I already restarted and reinstalled all the clients but still I'm getting this message, right now im continuing with Azureus so I know its not offline or anything...

muchspl2
09-29-2003, 03:23 AM
if its works with 1 it will work with the other
just wait it will connect
you could try manual announce also

soma
09-29-2003, 06:50 AM
I've waited for almost 4 hours now leaving it on but still nothing, no peers or seeds or anything has changed...

Gre1
09-29-2003, 06:54 AM
It is the torrent get a new one by right-cliking and save target as.... Sounds like u are using suprnova.org and if u are then just hit enter in the address bar to get a new mirror and then use the save target as....

soma
09-29-2003, 06:24 PM
that didnt work either, i also tried using a torrent that was just put up today.

soma
09-30-2003, 12:48 AM
OK ive tried dl the most popular torrent files but for some reason i get this error with bittorrent, however I can open them fine with shareaza or azureus, but like i said they r super slow...im assuming this has something to do with my bittorrent prog, though ive tried 3 different versions (and restarted). I gett his error like 2 seconds after it reads and/or checks the file, it seems to me like its not even trying to connect, anybody????

Kokanee
09-30-2003, 01:31 AM
Check your firewall settings, if you have one, and make sure it is allowing access with the other clients, thats about all I can suggest.

muchspl2
09-30-2003, 02:43 AM
he has somethings mis configerd cause it doesen't make sense

soma
09-30-2003, 03:04 AM
No firewall, nothings misconfigured, like i said it was working 1 day then the next i started getting this error for ALL torrents...i tried 3 different bittorrent client versions, all error 10061, even nova torrent gives me that error...however Azureus will dl just fine cept its slower (much), and im only a 56ker.

muchspl2
09-30-2003, 05:09 AM
have you rebooted?
if it was just a few days ago you could do a system restore and go back, if you got xp

soma
09-30-2003, 06:38 AM
Yeah, I forgot about that, though will i lose any files that were downloaded lately or my Diablo running on Azureus (which is stuck at 98.2%)?

muchspl2
09-30-2003, 07:06 AM
Originally posted by soma@30 September 2003 - 07:38
Yeah, I forgot about that, though will i lose any files that were downloaded lately or my Diablo running on Azureus (which is stuck at 98.2%)?
no, but if you installed anything you will have to do it again
won't loose data you have downloaded

as for the torrent, is their seeders?
run it throu torrent spy & make sure, I don't reccomend bittorrent for 56ker's
the torrents don't last long enough for you to compleat sometime before everone bails
just make sure you get a new one thats poppular otherwise you'll be stuck @ xx% forever till someone reseeds it (have to wait for a new torrent) or a seeder comes along (less likely)

NotoriousBIC
09-30-2003, 02:19 PM
The 100061 Connnection refused error means that the tracker can't handle your packet requests. This is either caused by flooding of the tracker or that the tracker has been shut down.

The former happens a lot on Suprnova torrents, cause there are so many peers trying to download that the tracker can't handle them all. Usuallly the problem goes away after a few minutes, but sometimes it takes longer.

If it persists you can assume the tracker has been shutdown. You can only wait for it to come back up or try finding another source.

Gre1
09-30-2003, 10:00 PM
Just keep trying to connect to the same .torrent and it should work.

soma
09-30-2003, 11:49 PM
I'm not really familiar w/the tracker business...all i do is go to supranova and save the file and open it w/bittorrent. How do you change trackers, or sources? And could i find that same file? ...yeah i know bittorrent isnt good for 56kers but i only dl REALLY popular files with many many seeders like the new Limp Bizkit and such but still im getting these errors even with those files, cant figure out why they work in Azureus though.