PDA

View Full Version : Any Small Torrent Files?

2manyusernames
09-30-2003, 02:35 AM
Hello, Bittorrent seems to be excellent for getting a number of files that can't get or are *very* difficult to get on Kazaa.

However why are all (most?) files on the bittorrent network so freakin' huge?
I am mostly after television shows that I can't get locally. Yes, a 400+ meg file for a 35-45 minute episode is very good quality. It is just that for a tv show that I am only going to watch once, share it for a few weeks and then delete (usually) it is overkill. Kazaa is great for the 40-100 meg episodes which are alot easier, and alot quicker to download. It is just that some shows such as Jake 2.0 seems to either not be available or has such few users that it is almost impossible to get.

Yes, I am on a dial-up (live in the woods) and this is not a problem for broadband users, but even broadband would download a 80 meg file a hell of a lot faster than the 400+ meg (even gig+ size) files that are so popular on bitorrent.

So after *way too long* intro, is there any sites offering .torrents that are a more manageable size?

Thanks!

muchspl2
09-30-2003, 05:34 AM
no
dss has a dsl line throu satilite if you want a faster connection
just how it is

Switeck
09-30-2003, 10:19 PM
Originally posted by muchspl2@30 September 2003 - 00:34
no
dss has a dsl line throu satilite if you want a faster connection
just how it is
BTW, even an excellent satellite connection has a worse latency than a decent (but not even excellent) 56k modem connection.

asmithz
09-30-2003, 10:25 PM
Most the files are ISO's, witch are hella bigger then ripping it and zipping it.

Gre1
09-30-2003, 10:26 PM
Originally posted by 2manyusernames@29 September 2003 - 21:35
Hello, Bittorrent seems to be excellent for getting a number of files that can't get or are *very* difficult to get on Kazaa.

However why are all (most?) files on the bittorrent network so freakin' huge?
I am mostly after television shows that I can't get locally. Yes, a 400+ meg file for a 35-45 minute episode is very good quality. It is just that for a tv show that I am only going to watch once, share it for a few weeks and then delete (usually) it is overkill. Kazaa is great for the 40-100 meg episodes which are alot easier, and alot quicker to download. It is just that some shows such as Jake 2.0 seems to either not be available or has such few users that it is almost impossible to get.

Yes, I am on a dial-up (live in the woods) and this is not a problem for broadband users, but even broadband would download a 80 meg file a hell of a lot faster than the 400+ meg (even gig+ size) files that are so popular on bitorrent.

So after *way too long* intro, is there any sites offering .torrents that are a more manageable size?

Thanks!
U have to get it like u see them, there is really nothing u can do about that.

asmithz
09-30-2003, 10:32 PM
Oh yeah and most the movies are great quailty. Witch makes it big.