PDA

View Full Version : Help!

KARLOZ25
09-30-2003, 04:32 AM
ok...

this is what im trying to do....

i want to record my music (from a audio-cassete tape) to my computer and save it as a file. Then burn it onto a CDR...

Can this be done?

Do i need specific hardware, other than a microphone? I do not have a MP3 player All I have is a mic and a computer :)

Please help me find a software program to use for this. Or tell me how to do this.

I thank you for your help....

shn
09-30-2003, 04:38 AM
Geez, you still use cassette tapes :o

exeus
09-30-2003, 04:41 AM
do you have a line in on your sound card?

KARLOZ25
09-30-2003, 04:47 AM
yes i do have a "line in" with a symbol that looks like a dot. in the middle of parenthesis (.)

now what?

balamm
09-30-2003, 04:54 AM
Total recorder pro is what you need. It'll save as wave or MP3 or a bunch of other formats

exeus
09-30-2003, 04:56 AM
the easiest way to do it would be to connect your headphone output (if you dont have line out) of the tape deck to the line in of the sound card keeping the volume down on the tape deck at the beiging so as not to blow anything in your sound card just slowly raise the volume to an exseptable level. to make the lead you could use some old headphones or go to electronics store buy premade or make one yourself <---cheap as
as for the software you need to find something that will record the sound files as mp3 but if you have plenty of hard drive space you can just use the recording program in windows
it is just if you use a mic to record it will end up pretty low quality

ill have a look for a prog i used to have one that did it all just cant remember the name...

KARLOZ25
09-30-2003, 05:00 AM
when i find that program and use it what should i save the file as? wave. MP3. etc.

im not going to do anything fancy to my music on the cassette, i just want it on a CD.

Im recording MixTape&#39;s that we have done.

balamm
09-30-2003, 05:01 AM
.Wav I think for a music CD but it&#39;s gonna take up some room till it&#39;s burned and deleted.

Blue_Savannah
09-30-2003, 05:13 AM
Geez, you still use cassette tapes

Some of my best songs are on cassettes...can&#39;t find them on here..those of us over 18 used cassettes ALOT in the 70&#39;s and 80&#39;s B)

balamm
09-30-2003, 05:21 AM
Shhh... don&#39;t tell them about the super metal alloy irridium based super casettes that held 20 hours of master quality music.... with extreme graphite transport... and neon.... blew CD&#39;s away so bad they were banned as unfair competition.... reserved only for "those who know" ;)

muchspl2
09-30-2003, 05:25 AM
the best way is with one of these
http://www.wiretek.com.au/images/products/large/AV006-2.jpg
red/white line out of your cassette
small plug(3.5mm) mic in on your computer

then you need a capture program, for that I like sound forge
lots of filters, really a great program
I&#39;t kinda like photshop for audio

sparsely
09-30-2003, 06:40 AM
here&#39;s what YOU need:
http://www.mergetel.com/~blitz/C64/Pics/Per/mytape.jpg

:lol:

balamm
09-30-2003, 06:44 AM
RS232 workhorse ;)

KARLOZ25
09-30-2003, 07:49 AM
thanks all for your help....

sharedholder
09-30-2003, 08:15 AM
The BPM Studio Professional software was developed especially for club and mobile DJs who prefer the benefits of working with music in MP3 format to more traditional mediums such as vinyl, cassette tapes and CDs. BPM was developed by AlcaTech in Germany and is unparalleled in its quality, reliability and functionality.

And to perfectly accentuate the BPM software, three (3) different 19" remote control units have been designed solely for use with it as well&#33; An experienced team of DJs tested and used the software during its development period, and it&#39;s continually being checked and improved.

Modern design and an ergonomic layout of the program interface ensure an instant identification to the functionality of the software.

Please refer to the comparison chart for a full listing of what features is included in the BPM Studio Professional Software.

BPM Studio Professional includes the following functions:
• Five (5) Soundcard Channels
• Automatic Fade
• Master Tempo
• MP3 Encoder Function
• Search Function
• Audio CD Support
• Sort Functions
• Advanced Sort Functions
• Cue Point Saving
• 8% - 52% Pitch Range
• Pitch to 0 (Brake)
• Pitch to 0 Settings
• Variable Pitch Bend
• Two (2) Search Functions (Loop)
• Unlimited Sample Lengths
• BPM Matching
• Equalizer
• Auto Play Function
• Normalization Function
• Quickstart < 20ms (depending on drivers)
• Record from Line In
• Decompress from WAV
• Loop Function in Sample Player
• Edit Function
• Monitor Functions
• Skin Support
• Visualization Plug-in Support
• Language Support

http://www.alcatech.com/html/