PDA

View Full Version : Staying Online

trugmolly
09-30-2003, 08:38 AM
HI.... I have freeserve 56k dial up and its a pain.... So used to a 1meg.. anyway v diff to get big d'/s. Not so bad the waiting. Its getting disconeccted every couple of hours. I tried one always online ap called AC online or something similar... anyway it did not work..... Anyone know of one that works with freeserve ?
Or failing that is there a way in kazaa Lite k++ to set to redial automaticaly when the connection is lost.. I can do that with My d/l Manager outside of Kazaa but then have to set up a large d/l in there and lose half my bandwith...
Thanks
Trug

asmithz
09-30-2003, 08:39 AM
Try norton "keep connection alive"

3rd gen noob
09-30-2003, 08:41 AM
right click on your freeserve connection in network connections, go to properties and check the box saying (redial if connection is lost)

trugmolly
09-30-2003, 09:20 AM
Thanks for that I will get the d/l and check my box... I will sit here for two hours lol and wait ..... This begs another question.... New post coming up
Trug....

3rd gen noob
09-30-2003, 09:35 AM
Originally posted by trugmolly@30 September 2003 - 09:20
Thanks for that I will get the d/l and check my box... I will sit here for two hours lol and wait ..... This begs another question.... New post coming up
Trug....
it used to work for me when i was on freeserve anytime...should work for you

timfromspaced
09-30-2003, 11:59 AM
:( Freeserve themselves disconnect you every 2 hrs. Dont think you can stop it

asmithz
09-30-2003, 12:05 PM
Keep connection alive works. :angry:

:)

timfromspaced
09-30-2003, 02:04 PM
Maybe it did once. Maybe it still does :D

Icey
09-30-2003, 03:21 PM
http://www.mcbriens.net/liam/img/smilies/flame.gif

if u wanna download and keep getting disconected.. get Getright (http://www.getright.com)

DarthInsinuate
09-30-2003, 04:26 PM
Originally posted by 3rd gen noob@30 September 2003 - 08:41
right click on your freeserve connection in network connections, go to properties and check the box saying (redial if connection is lost)
Freeserve kinda have a way round this - they don't actually drop the line, so you'll also need to set a 'idle time before hanging up'

trugmolly
09-30-2003, 05:16 PM
I will let you know how I get on. My d/l manager has always redialled for me when the connnection was lost.. I do have getright but not istalled.. just trying out another for the fun of it lol Net ants.. Anyway did change the propeties to "re dial if connection is broken" and with no d/l manager running has been online for four hours... E mule and Kazaa running together.. But I have been out so not sure when or if there has been a re diall... Both still running anyway..
After effects 6 pro.... "2days 17 hrs" .. Then its prob bolloxed lol..
My motto is if you get 1 meg connection keep paying the isp lol...... I want it back lol
Trug

Kunal
09-30-2003, 05:54 PM
@ DarthInsinuate

freeserve do disconnect u after 2 hrs! der my isp! i no!

trugmolly
09-30-2003, 08:36 PM
I know too.... On the dot..... my Daughter came in and reconnected.... I watched the status this time...... If you got a d/l manager running it will redial automaticaly for you if you are not present... Not much good with Kazaa cuz Kazaa will just hold on 'connecting' E mule just connects itself again and carries on......But a d/l manager is not much help in d/ls that are not 'freely available'
BTW what is "DER" ? and if it is your Isp... then do something about the two hour cut off time mr Freeserve.
Cheers
Trug

Marius24
09-30-2003, 08:50 PM
theres nothing that i kno that can keep it alive, every 2 hours freeserve drops your conenction so u have to redial.

the only way i kno that helps is having auto redial on so it redials when it drops :(

Wolfmight
10-01-2003, 02:02 AM
Norton System works 2003 is a kickass prog for fixing windows problems..

also includes a powerfull dial-up connection sheild to hold it online. Get the prog not just for that tool, but for all the other great features as well..

LTJBukem
10-01-2003, 07:38 AM
Freeserve drop the line after exactly two hours. It's not caused by line inactivity and there's no way around it.

3rd gen noob
10-01-2003, 09:37 AM
Originally posted by LTJBukem@1 October 2003 - 07:38
Freeserve drop the line after exactly two hours. It's not caused by line inactivity and there's no way around it.
exactly...i tried a few programs, none worked
the only way is to get windows to redial after the connection is lost

trugmolly
10-01-2003, 09:55 AM
Exactly every two hours..
... I went to bed at about twelve last night.. and this worked .. d/ls were still coming in when I got up and when I came home from taking my daughter to school.
That never happened when I used the freeserve rediall check box in any configuration....
I will for sure have a look at norton system Works, But I put Net Ants d/l manager on.. then I put E mule on with my d/ls.... E Mule because Kazaa just would not reconnect again even if the line was active, and it only works if you have the d/l manager running alongside E mule..For Me anyway (xp Pro ) E mule by itself tries to reconnect.. there is a log and you can see the attempts and failed attemps....
But in combo with Net Ants the connection is cut every two hours... but you can see the redial attempts In the E Mule log usually three tries.. and then E mule resumes your d/l s. on and on infinitum lol...
If you got freeseve and have had similar probs its well worth a try.... Prob getright or others would give the same results.

Old Git
10-01-2003, 02:43 PM
I use to have the same problem with Freeserve until I downloaded a little program called CLICKOFF which was recommended by a helpful guy on K-L,DB. It worked a treat and also stops annoying pop-ups too. ;) .