PDA

View Full Version : Bittorent

kazaaisdabest55
10-01-2003, 03:32 PM
I am having problems trying to find the bittorent software. I used the kazaa lite tips board someome told me to use it. I downloaded the file "bittorent version 3.3". when i downloaded there was nothing there but an uninstall programe. Do i need anything else to run bittorent?.

MUSLEMAN
10-01-2003, 03:37 PM
Originally posted by kazaaisdabest55@1 October 2003 - 11:32
I am having problems trying to find the bittorent software. I used the kazaa lite tips board someome told me to use it. I downloaded the file "bittorent version 3.3". when i downloaded there was nothing there but an uninstall programe. Do i need anything else to run bittorent?.
no bittorrent is not like other p2ps, when you hit a torrent then it will run on your ie, read their manual and agian incase you did not noticed this is klite problems this belongs to software, take a good look at the forum rules boss also edit here (http://bitconjurer.org/BitTorrent/download.html)

Wolfmight
10-01-2003, 11:48 PM
Your upload speed doesnt effect download speed, so u can like set upload to 2kb/s and be able to download very fast.. i suggest shareing afterwards tho.. thats how u got it so fast.

Benno
10-02-2003, 12:01 AM
Originally posted by Wolfmight@2 October 2003 - 00:48
Your upload speed doesnt effect download speed, so u can like set upload to 2kb/s and be able to download very fast.. i suggest shareing afterwards tho.. thats how u got it so fast.
Your u/l speed does affect your d/l speed, at least it is meant too.

Wolfmight
10-02-2003, 12:39 AM
Well it dont here.. i get 150kb/s+ when uploadin at 2kb/s.
think u confused with that share rateing.. jus a rateing..doesnt effect u

Benno
10-02-2003, 12:44 AM
I've read it on several places allready the protocol is meant to reward higher u/l speeds, though i havent noticed myself either.

Wolfmight
10-02-2003, 12:48 AM
there's a new version out.. that actually has inforced upload rateing... so yes, it's true for the latest version. but those modded versions like NovaTorrent, Azureous, etc dont use the latest script.. soo alot of people still wont really notice a diff unless they get the original bittorrent app.