PDA

View Full Version : Internet in Toronto?

KushBlow
08-14-2009, 08:34 PM
Does anyone know a good ISP that has good yet affordable speeds and doesn't throttle your connection because of torrent traffic?

PS: Saw this commercial, I think it was FioS and there was a bundle being offered for 69.99$ (for the first six months) that included phone, internet, and TV. Which ISP is this, anyone know?

Thanks.

tesco
08-14-2009, 09:04 PM
FiOS is only in the US afaik.

A good place to check out to find out about ISPs in canada is DSL Reports (http://www.dslreports.com/forums/23).

I've heard good things about teksavvy. They're DSL. The speeds aren't that great though but there are no caps and they don't throttle the connection, the prices are reasonable, and I've heard their support is great, so it's worth checking out. http://www.teksavvy.com

I'm on rogers. 10mbps/1mbps with a 95gb cap for 54.95 per month. And I think they throttle bittorrent but I don't use torrents so I don't care about that. It's not a good deal but I haven't found any good alternatives. If I used bittorrent I'd probably switch over to teksavvy.

KushBlow
08-14-2009, 11:59 PM
Wow, Canadian internet kind of sucks :dabs:. As a reference in Moscow, Russia you get fiber-optic, 1400 kb/s download AND upload unlimited for 30$/month. And it's really unlimited, I downloaded 3TB in one month to see what would happen and nothing did. Might be interesting for some as a comparison.

But thanks, looks like Teksavvy is the best deal.

tesco
08-15-2009, 12:33 AM
wait a sec, you meant toronto in canada right or is there a toronto in russia? :unsure:

And yes canadian ISPs suck. They were once the leaders in broadband and have just kept falling behind.

KushBlow
08-15-2009, 12:48 AM
wait a sec, you meant toronto in canada right or is there a toronto in russia? :unsure:

And yes canadian ISPs suck. They were once the leaders in broadband and have just kept falling behind.

There's only one T.O :happy:. No I was just recalling my past experience.

IdolEyes787
08-15-2009, 12:53 AM

The communists basically force me to use a seedbox . True story.

tesco
08-15-2009, 01:29 AM
Not really, you could use newsgroups. :whistling

IdolEyes787
08-15-2009, 02:23 AM
The communists basically force me to use newsgroups.