PDA

View Full Version : I Got A Professional Editing Vcr

dwightfry
10-02-2003, 09:42 PM
I just got a JVC BR-7700U, but I can't get my TV to display the video, or the VCR to read the Video input.

I am not very familiar with the video input/output on this VCR. I've seen this type of jack on all tape decks at work, but I don't know what the difference is between it and a regular coaxial jack. Can somebody help me?

Do I need somesort of converter?

dwightfry
10-03-2003, 03:02 PM
Nobody knows?

lynx
10-03-2003, 04:48 PM
Try this (http://pro.jvc.com/prof/Attributes/features.jsp?feature_id=01&tree=&itempath=&model_id=MDL101007).

1993? It's a bit old, isn't it?

muchspl2
10-03-2003, 05:06 PM
yea but jvc is rock solid
I got a few s-vhs vcrs and have been pleased over the years
does it power up?
can you play a tape?
do you get any input? cable ect.
maybe click the tv/vcr button
really need more info than i got the xxx and it don't work
what have you tried, what can you get to work, ect
a s-video connection or regular rca cables should work for your needs as far as imputs

lynx
10-03-2003, 05:21 PM
I don't think it's standard vhs.

"maximum play time 160 minutes using JCV T-160 cartridge".
Sounds like an oddball to me.

muchspl2
10-03-2003, 05:30 PM
no it takes normal vhs tapes
I think he talking about the BNC connectors, if it doesn't have normal rca inputs or a s-vid input (can't see it not) you will have to get a BNC to rca @ radio shack

dwightfry
10-03-2003, 09:53 PM
Yep, it took me a few days to begin finding answers, but now I think I have everything worked out. I am getting some RCA to BNC adapters today, then I shouldn't have any problems.....I hope.

I went to Radio Shack and Best Buy this morning....they both looked at me like I was crazy. They didn't know what BNC connecters were either. And it's a Radio Shack brand adapter too.

Well, for future reference:

It starts

it plays

I haven't seen the video, but the video level is low in the VU meter, it goes up if I adjust the tracking all the way down.

the left channel plays no audio, and the right channels audio is VERY low

It does record the audio fine.
Haven't been able to test how the video records.

-------

I only paid 25$ for it and I knew about the audio problem. They said that everything else is fine. I am kinda worried about the tracking problem though. Also, when I did record, I played the tape in another VCR and the black screen had several hits on it, (white lines and vertical shifting and stuff). That doesn't look to promising either, but maybe that's normal if there is no video feed.