PDA

View Full Version : A poser for you

j2k4
08-25-2009, 08:22 PM
I recently found myself obligated to complain about the conduct of a local civil servant whose recent toils - purportedly on behalf of the U.S. Postal Service - are of a distinctly sub-par nature.

I suffer the daily quandary of mail which (A) appears to have have been dragged in a landing net through gutters awash with rain, then thrown in the general direction of my mailbox, or (B) lacking available precipitation, stuffed sideways into the back of the box in such creative ways as to require toolage to extract.

This lady (!) elbows her way to the front of the line at the market while wearing her blues.

She growls at the dogs on her route.

This testimony elicited the hearty argeement of the four customers standing in line behind me, and elicited from the employee behind the counter a rictus of a grin worthy of Conrad Veidt in The Man Who Laughs.

We were told that the matter was being "worked on".

What if she gets demoted?

What if (Lord forbid) she is terminated?

In any case, have I signed my death warrent, and do I really deserve to die?

bigboab
08-25-2009, 10:00 PM
It's the same here Kev. If you were to post a parcel to me, preferrably full of banknotes, I would arrive in about 2 days. If I was not at home when the post arrives I will get a note asking me to collect it at the parcel office the following day after 1500hrs. As it arrives in the town about 0400hrs, that means it is somewhere locally for around 35 hours before I can collect. I have never received an explanation as to why this is or why it cant be handed into the nearest post office and I could collect it that afternoon.

It used to be a joke sending a letter by Concorde to the U.K. Then having it delivered by a man on a bicycle. It still applies.:)

You are letting your standards slip Kev. Must be this new Liberal society.:lol:

clocker
08-25-2009, 10:07 PM
What the hell were you thinking?
Screwing with a mail person...you do know where the phrase "going postal" came from, right?

Been nice knowin ya, Kev.

j2k4
08-26-2009, 01:13 AM
It's the same here Kev. If you were to post a parcel to me, preferrably full of banknotes, I would arrive in about 2 days. If I was not at home when the post arrives I will get a note asking me to collect it at the parcel office the following day after 1500hrs. As it arrives in the town about 0400hrs, that means it is somewhere locally for around 35 hours before I can collect. I have never received an explanation as to why this is or why it cant be handed into the nearest post office and I could collect it that afternoon.

It used to be a joke sending a letter by Concorde to the U.K. Then having it delivered by a man on a bicycle. It still applies.:)

You are letting your standards slip Kev. Must be this new Liberal society.:lol:

Then this is a good thing?

What the hell were you thinking?
Screwing with a mail person...you do know where the phrase "going postal" came from, right?

Been nice knowin ya, Kev.

Well geez, that's a concern, but more importantly, what about her livelihood...how much should I care.

I'm sure she'd get a nice severance package, and unemployment benefits...of course she'd be losing a job worth 45-50K yearly, with fabulous fringes.

clocker
08-26-2009, 04:19 AM
Well, that's true...but she could enter the exciting new career of serial killer.

After the unemployment runs out, natch.

MaxOverlord
08-26-2009, 11:07 PM
If Newman suddenly shows up with a bucket on his head....RUN!