PDA

View Full Version : We shant judge 'til we verify...

j2k4
09-10-2009, 07:57 PM
...but if I don't post this, no one else will, and I'm not sure (yeah, I'm sure) any network save Foxnews is giving it a breath:

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,548827,00.html

sez
09-10-2009, 08:16 PM
The prostitute's name just had to be "kenya" hadn't it?

j2k4
09-10-2009, 08:41 PM
Hmph.

Totally missed that.

j2k4
09-11-2009, 04:05 PM
Uh-oh-

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,549241,00.html

clocker
09-11-2009, 06:29 PM
So, what would you like to see happen?

j2k4
09-11-2009, 08:31 PM
Well, I see a few of the offending employees have been let go.

ACORN is publicly-funded, and presumptively non-profit, right?

So the primary factors are the benefit of a bit of employment vs. wholesale and rampant (and utterly repellant and corrupt) practices.

If you decide you like that scenario, get thee behind ACORN and draw your fucking sword, 'cuz I think it's gonna get fugly.

Disband ACORN and kill the funding.

If you desire to re-constitute the effort somehow (after all, you have the political power, right?), re-write the charter, and practice a degree of transparency that satisfies conservatives.

How about that?

clocker
09-11-2009, 09:10 PM
So, what would you like to see happen?

How about that?
OK, fine.

Using your scorched earth, throw the baby out with the bathwater logic, I presume you have no problems with disbanding the Republican Party, based on the actions of Gov. Mark Sanford and oh, let's see...Scooter Libby.

It's publicly funded and presumptively non-profit, right?
It's benefit is a bit of employment vs. wholesale and rampant (and utterly repellent and corrupt) practices.

Given your definitions, ACORN and the Republican Party seem like two sides of the same coin.
Ergo, what's good for the goose is good for the gander.

How about that?

j2k4
09-11-2009, 11:40 PM

How about that?
OK, fine.

Using your scorched earth, throw the baby out with the bathwater logic, I presume you have no problems with disbanding the Republican Party, based on the actions of Gov. Mark Sanford and oh, let's see...Scooter Libby.

It's publicly funded and presumptively non-profit, right?
It's benefit is a bit of employment vs. wholesale and rampant (and utterly repellent and corrupt) practices.

Given your definitions, ACORN and the Republican Party seem like two sides of the same coin.
Ergo, what's good for the goose is good for the gander.

How about that?

Fine with me.

BTW-

How much is the Republican party into you for?

clocker
09-12-2009, 11:48 AM
Good question, it's hard to quantify.
They get matching public funds for Federal elections, right?
So there's that....then there's pain and suffering...

How much is ACORN into you for?

j2k4
09-12-2009, 02:12 PM
Let us clarify, and thus simplify:

You note the RNC gets matching fed fundage - I will note in turn that the DNC gets those funds as well...fair is fair, and equality reigns.

Will you please now note the efforts ACORN extends on behalf of the Republicans (in the name of equality)?

Checkmate.

clocker
09-12-2009, 02:27 PM
Checkmate, my ass.

And no, I will not.

j2k4
09-12-2009, 02:44 PM
Checkmate, my ass.

And no, I will not.

And why not?

It goes to the heart of your argument, my having rendered your comment about the federal matching funds moot.

ACORN is a federally-funded (meaning tax money; my tax money, the custodial aspect of which I do not regard as forfeit) doing work exclusively in service of liberal causes.

I'm sure that's all well-and-good with you, even though it does great and lasting damage to your (hollow) paeans to equality and fair play.

Apparently these are not precepts the Democrats subscribe to, after all.

clocker
09-12-2009, 02:54 PM
ACORN attempted to register voters systematically disenfranchised by the right.

"Equality and fair play" are only in your vocabulary when they benefit a conservative cause, absent furthering your goals they are concepts you ignore.

Why hold Democrats to ideals you long ago abandoned?

j2k4
09-12-2009, 03:01 PM
ACORN attempted to register voters systematically disenfranchised by the right.

"Equality and fair play" are only in your vocabulary when they benefit a conservative cause, absent furthering your goals they are concepts you ignore.

Why hold Democrats to ideals you long ago abandoned?

All wrong, but that last...that's hilarious.

Try this:

Speaking in terms of morality-

'Why hold Republicans to ideals you long ago abandoned?'

Or never possessed, closer to the truth.

Busyman
09-12-2009, 05:19 PM
I just saw the "2nd tape". Fucking quality!

Damn those employees were idiots. The way they talked, it was like that wasn't the first time they ran across such things.

We all have seen or heard of that tax preparer suggesting lies for a tax return but this is ridiculous! This is federally funded ffs.

Anyway, that ACORN office is done. They'd need an entire new staff is seems.

j2k4
09-15-2009, 08:44 PM
The saga continues, I see.

Well, I am pleased (in a very shallow and insignificant way) the Senate agrees with me (87-7) re: ACORN - I think the larger number just has to include a few liberdems.

I look forward to more tales of community, um..."action", and the ongoing battle to keep ACORN financially viable.

Good place for some Soros-money, I think.

Busyman
09-16-2009, 12:01 PM
The saga continues, I see.

Well, I am pleased (in a very shallow and insignificant way) the Senate agrees with me (87-7) re: ACORN - I think the larger number just has to include a few liberdems.

I look forward to more tales of community, um..."action", and the ongoing battle to keep ACORN financially viable.

Good place for some Soros-money, I think.

Isn't ACORN national? Is this action by Congress based on the one office in Baltimore?

That's seems shitty but I dunno if that's how it's done....one office brings down the entire organization.

I guess there's something we don't know about where is has been shown that ACORN operates this way everywhere.

j2k4
09-16-2009, 12:16 PM
Well, the sting count stands at four, all metro offices.

Certain conclusions can be drawn.