PDA

View Full Version : Next Uk Prime Minister

J'Pol
10-05-2003, 10:31 PM
I have been thinking about this for quite some time. I am now of the opinion that the Labour Party may see it as being impossible, or at least very difficult to win the next General Election with Tony Blair as the PM. Particularly after :

Mandelson (x2)
Mo Mowlem
Alistair Campbell
The Iraqi War
The Cheri / Fraudster / Houses Fiasco
His son being arrested drunk and underage
The Iraqi Intelligence Dossier
The MODs apparent cover up

I think it is an open secret that Gordon Brown has aspirations in that direction and that there may very well be a change in the Leadership of the Labour Party, prior to the next General Election.

This would be similar to Maggie Thatcher being ousted. One wonders if this were to happen would Mr Blair stand down and place his backing behind someone else. If so would it be Mr Brown. Is there any other natural candidate for the job.

I feel the storm clouds may be gathering for Mr Blair and that his days may be numbered. Will he throw himself on the sword, for the good of the party.

Biggles
10-05-2003, 10:36 PM
Given the somewhat ambigious nature of Tone's politics he may put forward Ken Clarke.

However, if someone in the cabinet reminds him which party he is in, I think Gordon will be the obvious choice - with Cook as outside runner who may win enough support on the basis of his dignified exit prior to the war.

:rolleyes:

bigboab
10-05-2003, 10:37 PM
Yes I think Blair will retire to the USA where he will receive the Congressional Medal of Honour. He will probably retire to Texas( wonder where?). I think Cook will probably inherit the title of PM. Why get rid of Brown as Chancellor when that is all that is holding the party in power?

Illuminati
10-05-2003, 10:38 PM
Well if I remember, Tony Blair has said that he's to follow his party into the next General Election in the aim to get a third term in office...so chances are that it'll be a free-for-all :P

My money is on an independent party getting the next term; our "main choices" are otherwise known as "Tony B. Liar", "In Deep Shit" and "Scotch & Ginger" so the choice isn&#39;t really that good <_<. So my money (and probably support) is on an independent part winning it. Hell, my theory is that even the Raving Looney Party would stand a better chance than the Tories :D

But if I had to pick a dominant party, I&#39;d go for Charles Kennedy winning...unless Tony Blair steps down for Gordon Brown next year, in which case Labour would still have a (bigger slither of a) chance :)

wormless
10-05-2003, 10:40 PM
anyone but not blair or cherie, ian duncan smith wats he like? and defo not an american no offence&#33;

j2k4
10-05-2003, 10:42 PM
I would like a comfy front-row seat in the gallery for this one; I really haven&#39;t payed a lot of attention to the U.K.&#39;s internal politics since Mags was PM.

I watch with great interest. ;)

Illuminati
10-05-2003, 10:46 PM
Originally posted by j2k4@5 October 2003 - 23:42
I would like a comfy front-row seat in the gallery for this one; I really haven&#39;t payed a lot of attention to the U.K.&#39;s internal politics since Mags was PM.

I watch with great interest. ;)
Good job - Whenever I think of the next election, the word "circus" comes to mind :lol:

It&#39;s gonna be California Election II IMO. Hell, Hollywood would probably make a movie out of it and have it so Blair wins by a landslide and is loved by all of his fellow citizens. :lol:

It would show how often Hollywood gets outside of Cali, mind ;)

wormless
10-05-2003, 10:58 PM
and is loved by all of his fellow citizens--&#62;george bush :lol: :lol: :lol:

Rat Faced
10-06-2003, 12:45 AM
Although i respect Brown greatly, and think he is doing a good job (overall <_< ) as chancellor..........I wouldnt really support him as PM.

Unless of course, it came between a fight between him and that twat 2 Jags... Hypocritical, Tight and Corrupt man that our deputy PM is...

Lamsey
10-06-2003, 12:53 AM
http://www.dullmen.com/images/_1808667_ids150.jpg

Sorry, couldn&#39;t resist that. http://www.mcbriens.net/liam/img/smilies/roflmao.gif

Rat Faced
10-06-2003, 12:54 AM
Remind me.....who IS that again? :blink:

Lamsey
10-06-2003, 12:55 AM
Originally posted by Rat Faced@6 October 2003 - 00:54
Remind me.....who IS that again? :blink:
It&#39;s one of the twins who run the Tory party.

I can&#39;t remember if it&#39;s Iain or Duncan :unsure: .

Rat Faced
10-06-2003, 01:02 AM
Nope, you lost me.....

The Tory Party....hmmm

After a Google Search....

They used to be in Politics at one point i believe ;)

Lamsey
10-06-2003, 01:07 AM
How about Alan &#39;Howling Laud&#39; Hope, leader of the Monster Raving Loony Party?

http://freespace.virgin.net/loony.website/indexhope.JPG

Rat Faced
10-06-2003, 01:09 AM
Best choice so far sir.....

Id definatly buy a used car off that man, the Texan look should go down a storm too :)

nikita69
10-07-2003, 06:36 AM
Originally posted by Lamsey@6 October 2003 - 07:07
How about Alan &#39;Howling Laud&#39; Hope, leader of the Monster Raving Loony Party?

http://freespace.virgin.net/loony.website/indexhope.JPG
a bunch of my friends always go to that YATELEY conference :lol:

i&#39;d say Brown.

thewizeard
10-07-2003, 07:36 AM
Maybe G.W.Bush?

Edit: Oeps my mistake, he is already...

blackhatknight
10-15-2003, 09:11 PM
Originally posted by bigboab@5 October 2003 - 22:37
Yes I think Blair will retire to the USA where he will receive the Congressional Medal of Honour.
Totally agree, Tony will probably leave the party to run a campaign to be the first president of the united states of Europe, however I think the whole war on terrorism will come back to hunt him, as he hastily picks up the phone to George to express his resentment “you told me a war would make me famous” and George replies “Daddy said it would work”.

Slipping into a state of depression, I imagine him and George will reconcile and he’ll probably write a book “Tony I used to run this place you know”

Good old Ken will probably get it and when he&#39;s not punching supporters or pouring whiskey down his neck he&#39;ll maybe even manage to do a reasonably good job, but poor old Ian, naughty boy, didn&#39;t you know the Inland revenue is never wrong

J'Pol
10-15-2003, 09:23 PM
The Conservative party decided that William Hague could not win them an election. So they replaced him with Ian Duncan Smith.

How mental is that.

The next election may be big for Charlie Kennedy. He seems like a decent spud. Certainly very intelligent. Went to The University Glasgow don&#39;t you know. Excellent debater, saw him in action several times.

Biggles
10-15-2003, 11:55 PM
I see a number of Labour MPs are dismayed by the backstabbing in the Conservative Party. One said that he rather hoped IDS would see this off and continue as leader into the next election.

I think that just about sums up their plight.

I am not sure what they were thinking when they had three cheers for the farmer that shot the young burglar at their recent conference.

They seemed to totally blank out that he used an illegally held firearm on someone running away and that he had a history of depression and paranoia. This is their recipe for law and order? :blink:

Illuminati
10-16-2003, 09:11 AM
Originally posted by Biggles@16 October 2003 - 00:55
I am not sure what they were thinking when they had three cheers for the farmer that shot the young burglar at their recent conference.

They seemed to totally blank out that he used an illegally held firearm on someone running away and that he had a history of depression and paranoia. This is their recipe for law and order? :blink:
Better than having them shoot you, I say :P

If someone burgled your house, would you honestly do nothing and see whether they harm you or just piss off with your stuff?

Personally for me, the choice wouldn&#39;t be whether I shoot the pricks or not - It&#39;ll be whether I used the Colt or the Shotgun <_<

Biggles
10-16-2003, 07:13 PM
Illuminati

I understand your point but the circumstances surrounding the case were somewhat strange. I take if you are allowed a hand gun you do not reside in the UK.

A reclusive farmer with a house that looked deserted with boarded up windows etc., had his house broken into by a couple of likely lads. Convinced "they" were out to get him he grabbed his gun, which he had no licence for, and charged downstairs, the youths, realising that the house was occupied couldn&#39;t run away fast enough. He shot them as they tried to escape killing one.

He was susequently jailed for manslaughter. He has served his time and been released and in the couple of interviews he has done since he has stressed his fear of going outside because "they" are going to get him.

I don&#39;t think he should have been jailed but I do think he needed (and probably still does) help.

Why the Conservative Party chose this bizarre case as a plank for their getting tough on crime theme beats me. There are plenty of far less "moral maze" orientated cases they could have used - like the two girls shot at New Year by Yardie types.

It came across as if they were saying just go get a gun (any gun) and shoot anyone you find on your property and we will back you. I think the first person to do that under the next Conservative administration (if there is one) will find that is not what they meant at all. It was a singularly silly thing to do but I guess they felt they needed the headline space.