PDA

View Full Version : Apparently...

j2k4
10-02-2009, 11:23 PM
...SHITHEAD and his wife haven't the personal charm/magnetism/what-have-you to secure the 2016 Games for Chicago, which city breathes a sigh of relief and thanks for the fact.

Rio rejoices, unaware (uncaring?) of the financial consequences of hosting an Olympiad.

clocker
10-03-2009, 12:21 AM
How happy you must be...
Chicago loses it's bid for the Games and you can blame Obama's lack of charisma.
Had he not personally lobbied, you could have trashed him for not being patriotic enough.

Win, win for the negative right.

BTW Kev...the "Shithead" thing makes you sound like a petulant crybaby.
By all means, keep it up if you think it makes a point but IMO the point it makes says more about you than Obama.

j2k4
10-03-2009, 03:28 AM
How happy you must be...
Chicago loses it's bid for the Games and you can blame Obama's lack of charisma.
Had he not personally lobbied, you could have trashed him for not being patriotic enough.

Win, win for the negative right.

By all means, keep it up if you think it makes a point but IMO the point it makes says more about you than Obama.

Wrong, wrong, and wrong again.

Actually, SHITHEAD lost SHITHEAD's bid to enrich his friends to the financial detriment of Chicago.

Chicago is no better-off than any American city outside Detroit, and can easily do without the now-you-see-it, now-you-don't "benefit" of the Games.

It was a dumb idea, and everyone but SHITHEAD, his friends and Oprah Winfrey seemed to know it.

As to whether or not the failure to secure the event accrues properly to him is of no consequence to me.

No, that's not true; when I heard the news, I larfed out loud.

He is an arrogant ass - say whatever you like about Bush or any other republican/conservative, you cannot effectively deny your messiah is unutterably enamored of himself.

clocker
10-03-2009, 05:14 AM
You are so full of shit.

Every modern President has lobbied for the Olympics...even your beloved icon Reagan.
And gee, what a coincidence, the '84 Summer Games were in LA, Ronny's old stomping grounds.
Bet none of his buddies benefited from that, did they?

J2, your obvious and extreme double standard has become ridiculous.
Where was your outrage when Cheney started funneling billions in no-bid contracts to Halliburton, a company he was still a part of?
As transparent an example of cronyism as we'll ever see and nary a peep out of you.

You think Obama is enamored of himself?
Bush thought he was directly connected to God...that's an example of humility?

It's obvious that you have stopped thinking and are purely a reflexive nay-sayer.
You follow the Fox News partyline without variation- while claiming to be an independent thinker- and get all huffy when called on it.

Go ahead, keep it up...the contortions you perform to justify your increasingly nonsensical worldview are marginally amusing.
But only marginally.

j2k4
10-03-2009, 03:25 PM
You are so full of shit.
Every modern President has lobbied for the Olympics...even your beloved icon Reagan.
And gee, what a coincidence, the '84 Summer Games were in LA, Ronny's old stomping grounds.
Bet none of his buddies benefited from that, did they?

Oh, yes - I distinctly remember Reagan taking the entire fucking clan overseas, in three jumbo jets, what, this would have had to be in, oh, 1978, right, in order to secure the '84 Olympics for L.A.

Funny, I don't remember Peter Ueberroth having an office in the White House, either, like Valerie Jarrett does.

Talk about full of shit - your equating mere advocacy with the type of solicitation SHITHEAD practices is beyond laughable.

J2, your obvious and extreme double standard has become ridiculous.
Where was your outrage when Cheney started funneling billions in no-bid contracts to Halliburton, a company he was still a part of?
As transparent an example of cronyism as we'll ever see and nary a peep out of you.

Halliburton?

You want to keel-haul Cheney for continuing the practice that your boy Clinton began?

A practice he promoted knowing full well that Cheney was part of Halliburton?

That's really, really rich.

Btw-

Let's have some indisputable proof that Cheney was "still involved" with Halliburton after the 2000 election, please.

I recall he bowed out, but, hey, you claim to know otherwise, so.

The difference is as follows:

Bush: "I talk to God".

SHITHEAD: "I am God."

I assume that even your distorted idea of moral equivalence doesn't preclude your noting the difference between the two.

It's obvious that you have stopped thinking and are purely a reflexive nay-sayer.
You follow the Fox News partyline without variation- while claiming to be an independent thinker- and get all huffy when called on it.

Then let SHITHEAD do something right, so that I might not seem so reflexive in criticizing him.

Let me also point out that you know nothing of Fox News apart from that which you glean from YouTube.

Go ahead, keep it up...the contortions you perform to justify your increasingly nonsensical worldview are marginally amusing.
But only marginally.

"Only marginally"?

You cut me to the quick, sir.

j2k4
10-03-2009, 03:32 PM
Y'know, about those jumbo jets...

Why doesn't SHITHEAD practice what he preaches, and drive a hybrid or walk (or, in this case, swim)?

He's a hypocritical elitist prick, that's why - a self-appointed member of the anointed, attempting to practice, as Thomas Sowell would say, "Self-Congratulation as a basis for Social Policy."

devilsadvocate
10-03-2009, 05:33 PM
If you just don't love your country enough to cry unaided

http://www.drugstore.com/qxp10438_333181_sespider/vicks_vaporub/decongestant_and_cough_suppressant.htm
(http://www.drugstore.com/qxp10438_333181_sespider/vicks_vaporub/decongestant_and_cough_suppressant.htm)

clocker
10-03-2009, 09:30 PM
Let's have some indisputable proof that Cheney was "still involved" with Halliburton after the 2000 election, please.

I recall he bowed out, but, hey, you claim to know otherwise, so.
According to Cheney's VERY OWN financial disclosure forms...

Cheney continues to received a deferred salary from the company. According to financial disclosure forms, he was paid $205,298 in 2001; $262,392 in 2002; $278,437 in 2003; and $294,852 in 2004.
Furthermore, he owned stock in the company, stock which increased in value from @$250K to over $8 million.
All while handing over government contracts to the company he had only recently helmed.
Oh yeah, that doesn't stink.

The difference is as follows:

Bush: "I talk to God".

SHITHEAD: "I am God."

I assume that even your distorted idea of moral equivalence doesn't preclude your noting the difference between the two.
Have you a source for the Obama quote or are you following in the steps of your idol Glen Beck and simply making it up from whole cloth?
Thought so...just making shit up.

Then let SHITHEAD do something right, so that I might not seem so reflexive in criticizing him.

Let me also point out that you know nothing of Fox News apart from that which you glean from YouTube.
What would constitute "doing something right" in your small, dreary world?
Maybe "going rogue" and resigning?

There is nothing substantive to know about Fox News other than the comedy clips on YouTube.

As a source of anything but rightwing Republican (hereafter to be known a MOUTHBREATHERS propaganda, it falls woefully short.
I wouldn't even believe their weather reports.

lynx
10-04-2009, 12:05 AM
I'm surprised no-one has pointed out that it takes about 3 years to prepare an Olympic bid. That's right, most of that time under the Bush administration.

From the way you've been commenting j2, I guess that had it been the other way round you think that a new Republican administration would have pulled the plug on the campaign. Patriotism in action!

j2k4
10-04-2009, 01:54 AM
Do you think Blighty would be best served if old Gordo dropped everything in order to conduct a personal charm tour of other continents in the chase for a financial "opportunity" like the Games?

My point is SHITHEAD's blatant quest for hero-status, and the pure-D fact the Olympics have been for some time a financial loser.

BTW-

While at the time I regarded it as a feckless gesture (still do), I supported Carter's boycott of the '80 Olympic games from a moral point-of-view.

Nothing to do with the money aspect, one way or another.

j2k4
10-04-2009, 01:59 AM
According to Cheney's VERY OWN financial disclosure forms...

Cheney continues to received a deferred salary from the company. According to financial disclosure forms, he was paid $205,298 in 2001; $262,392 in 2002; $278,437 in 2003; and $294,852 in 2004.
Furthermore, he owned stock in the company, stock which increased in value from @$250K to over $8 million.
All while handing over government contracts to the company he had only recently helmed.
Oh yeah, that doesn't stink.

A little light reading for you:

http://www.factcheck.org/kerry_ad_falsely_accuses_cheney_on_halliburton.html

You make the same misinterpretations and misrepresentations.

clocker
10-07-2009, 12:50 PM
My point is SHITHEAD's blatant quest for hero-status, and the pure-D fact the Olympics have been for some time a financial loser.

All right Kev, fair's fair...
I'll admit I was wrong about Cheney's income from Halliburton.
I still contend that his role awarding no-bid contracts to them stunk but I see that no actual money changed hands.

Now, about your contention that the Olympics are a financial loser...
The LA Summer Games made a profit of $250 million.
The Salt Lake City Winter Games made a profit of $50 million.
The Atlanta Summer Games made $5 million.

Utah continues to make money from the facilities built for the Winter Games and has become a leading destination for winter sports fans.

My sister- a lifelong resident of Chicago- was totally in favor of the bid, so your contention that Obama and his cronies were ramrodding it down resident's throats is not true either.
I'm sure there were opponents but you ignore the advocates- of which there were many among the general populace.

So, go ahead and crow but let's be honest...your glee has nothing to do with the supposed concern for Chicago and everything to do with the perceived "failure" of a President you despise with irrational passion.

Busyman
10-10-2009, 10:54 PM
Only J2 could see our president going to lobby for the games as a bad thing.

Fanfuckingtastic.

Calling it hero status? Well it's not a dumbass stunt like flying in a jet for all to see. How about going down to N'Orleans and consoling a grief stricken daughter making sure to turn her for the cameras while she was crying?

A little less talking and a little more STFU would do you well, Kevin.

Busyman
10-10-2009, 10:57 PM

All right Kev, fair's fair...
I'll admit I was wrong about Cheney's income from Halliburton.
I still contend that his role awarding no-bid contracts to them stunk but I see that no actual money changed hands.

Now, about your contention that the Olympics are a financial loser...
The LA Summer Games made a profit of $250 million.
The Salt Lake City Winter Games made a profit of $50 million.
The Atlanta Summer Games made $5 million.

Utah continues to make money from the facilities built for the Winter Games and has become a leading destination for winter sports fans.

My sister- a lifelong resident of Chicago- was totally in favor of the bid, so your contention that Obama and his cronies were ramrodding it down resident's throats is not true either.
I'm sure there were opponents but you ignore the advocates- of which there were many among the general populace.

So, go ahead and crow but let's be honest...your glee has nothing to do with the supposed concern for Chicago and everything to do with the perceived "failure" of a President you despise with irrational passion.

Yup. Structures built for Olympics benefit the communities well after the games are over.

I did not know though that the games were profit makers though. I always thought they were money losers as well.....at least initially. Maybe it's only different for America.

j2k4
10-13-2009, 07:21 PM
Hey, this is an old subject.

Move on, why don't you.

Busyman
10-15-2009, 07:39 PM

Move on, why don't you.

....to one of your idiot threads? No thanks, Al Borland.

I think I was behind clockers post by like 3 days. Good job.

j2k4
10-15-2009, 09:17 PM

Move on, why don't you.

Noted, Lionel.

Busyman
10-20-2009, 03:32 AM

Noted, Lionel.

Glad I could 'elp oot.

Remember, right beside the member's name there's a date and time stamp of each post.

You're welcome, Archie.:)

Snee
10-20-2009, 07:28 AM

I only just figured out he meant Obama at all, what with me only passing by briefly now and then. Thought he'd forgotten how to spell 'ACORN' or something.

And let me tell YOU, Kevin, that made some threads really confusing.

As for the rest: I don't actually like Obama, as I think he's working on pure charisma and doesn't have much depth at all, on top of pushing sometimes dodgy economics, but one thing I wouldn't fault him for is trying to bring home the olympics (not that I'd watch it, but it brings in money as well as prestige).

The latter was just an effort to keep this on topic, so attach as little weight to it as you may want.

j2k4
10-21-2009, 07:38 PM

I am well and thoroughly chastised, sir.

To think I could have availed myself of the tactical effect of such an easily (lazily?) deployed statement for the last several years...

Face it: You are a SHITHEAD fanboi.

j2k4
10-21-2009, 07:39 PM

I only just figured out he meant Obama at all, what with me only passing by briefly now and then. Thought he'd forgotten how to spell 'ACORN' or something.

As for the rest: I don't actually like Obama, as I think he's working on pure charisma and doesn't have much depth at all, on top of pushing sometimes dodgy economics, but one thing I wouldn't fault him for is trying to bring home the olympics (not that I'd watch it, but it brings in money as well as prestige).

The latter was just an effort to keep this on topic, so attach as little weight to it as you may want.

You are quite an honorable fellow, Snee.

How would you like to run the U.N.?

clocker
10-22-2009, 02:17 AM
Face it: You are a SHITHEAD fanboi.
Indeed, I am.
And face it: You are a reactionary negative nabob of right wing paranoia.

ckrit
10-22-2009, 08:42 AM

Not worth the aggravation and ingratitude, I think.

j2k4
10-23-2009, 07:32 PM

Not worth the aggravation and ingratitude, I think.

Of course not, but I hear the money is fan-fucking-tastic.