PDA

View Full Version : Idly wandering...

j2k4
10-15-2009, 09:44 PM
...how any of you would rank Chairman Mao, Josef Stalin, and Adolph Hitler in the 20th century triumvirate of, oh, let's just call it evil.

And why, please.

I'd say Mao, followed by Stalin, then that piker Hitler.

Mao by sheer numbers, also because he fostered an image of beneficience to disguise his utterly 'managed' slaughter and starvation of his own people.

Stalin is number two (barely) because he was slightly less murderous numerically (Mao-lite?), and also because he really didn't care if you saw him as "Father Russia" or not...less deceitful, if you will.

Hitler basically didn't have the patience or long-view to compete, but he had bigger numbers than Pol Pot, so.

j2k4
10-16-2009, 11:08 PM
Well, then.

I guess my view prevails.

As it should.

clocker
10-16-2009, 11:56 PM
I'm just waiting to see how you work Obama into this discussion.

devilsadvocate
10-17-2009, 12:25 AM
He just did, and I think it was too easy

j2k4
10-17-2009, 03:35 AM

Suckers.

No, really.

devilsadvocate
10-17-2009, 03:43 AM

Suckers.

No, really.

That should be singular. I either read you like an open book or you are taking credit for something unintended.

bigboab
10-17-2009, 08:30 AM
...how any of you would rank Chairman Mao, Josef Stalin, and Adolph Hitler in the 20th century triumvirate of, oh, let's just call it evil.

And why, please.

Mao by sheer numbers, also because he fostered an image of beneficience to disguise his utterly 'managed' slaughter and starvation of his own people.

Stalin is number two (barely) because he was slightly less murderous numerically (Mao-lite?), and also because he really didn't care if you saw him as "Father Russia" or not...less deceitful, if you will.

Hitler basically didn't have the patience or long-view to compete, but he had bigger numbers than Pol Pot, so.

You missed a few Kev. Pol Pott, Idi Amin, Attila The Hun etc or are they friends?

j2k4
10-17-2009, 12:51 PM

Suckers.

No, really.

That should be singular. I either read you like an open book or you are taking credit for something unintended.

No, my reference was accurate.

You both expect an ulterior motive, and while there is one, your sensibilities have pointed you in the wrong direction.

As usual.

And why, please.

You missed a few Kev. Pol Pott, Idi Amin, Attila The Hun etc or are they friends?

Not at all, Bob.

I mentioned Pol Pot but not Idi Amin, but left it at M, S and H because I was attempting a "big three" theme.

If you like, we can include them - I would put Amin in fourth (because he was fucking psychotic) and Pol Pot in fifth.

The Hun fellow doesn't make the "twentieth-century" cut.

clocker
10-17-2009, 02:06 PM
You both expect an ulterior motive, and while there is one, your sensibilities have pointed you in the wrong direction.

As usual.

Given my defective sensibilities I doubt I'll ever manage to discern what your ulterior motive is, so just spare us the suspense and get down to it.

j2k4
10-17-2009, 04:33 PM
What - you desire a segue?

Okay-

SHITHEAD.

There you go - now back to the thread, eh?

pentomato
10-17-2009, 04:42 PM
You missed Bush too.