PDA

View Full Version : Interesting news for STm, OiNK alternative?

iLOVENZB
10-24-2009, 11:29 AM
2009-10-22 - Overwhelming success! The Scene Upload Contest resulted in over 5,000 manual scene uploads, and while the prizes have been distributed accordingly, many more are on their way. Congrats to gates on winning with over 600 uploads, ---- on placing 2nd, ---- on 3rd, and ---- & ---- on 4th and 5th, respectively. We can't thank the participants enough for all the hard work and dedication. We urge everyone on the site to continue uploading any scene releases that didn't make it to the site before the contest ended.

Freech + DU: To celebrate the success we've added Double Upload along with the site-wide Free Leech to give everyone a chance to grab as many releases as possible without worrying about ratio. We want to remind users that these perks are incentive to keep new uploads seeded for as long as possible, in order to keep the collection of music on our site growing. Anyone caught hit'n'running on their downloads risks losing their account, so please keep everything seeded at least 48 hours or up to a 1:1 ratio. According to our last poll, the most popular seeding ratio was 3.0, and if everyone seeded up to a 3:1 ratio we'd prolong the life of torrents on the site significantly. Please do your part to keep our community and music collection growing!

Welcome our new users! We've seen our userbase grow by over 6,000 users since the contest started, and we want to welcome them to our community here at STM----. Feel free to stop by in the forums to introduce yourself, or grab some torrents during freech + double upload. (Issues logging into the forums? Visit this page.)

2009-10-07 - Uploaders and Racers Wanted: If you have access to a large number of new scene releases, from any source, please contact -----. You need not apply if you do not understand what scene means.

---------

Good news for STm I guess, too bad the site is too buggy at the moment :frusty:

placebocrazy
10-24-2009, 01:37 PM
STm users are doing a great job. The website has some problems, but I hope they fix it.

cinephilia
10-24-2009, 01:47 PM
lol@oink alternative

placebocrazy
10-24-2009, 01:53 PM
lol@oink alternative

the alternatives are what and waffles. I never tried oink, but heard that those "w" trackers are the alternatives.

Personally I don't like what, I prefer Waffles.

cinephilia
10-24-2009, 02:00 PM
i was member of oink back in the day and i can tell you that waffles and what.cd are more than a simple alternative..

placebocrazy
10-24-2009, 02:05 PM
i was member of oink back in the day and i can tell you that waffles and what.cd are more than a simple alternative..

so let me ask, cause I got curious, for you which one is the best music tracker in these days?

cinephilia
10-24-2009, 02:16 PM
i'd say depends on your needs.
while what.cd obviously has a larger selection, waffles seems to have more rare gems in some music categories and sub-genres (italo disco, funk, soul for example).

gionman
10-24-2009, 02:23 PM

so let me ask, cause I got curious, for you which one is the best music tracker in these days?
as of today
waffles
http://i36.tinypic.com/wivcco.png
what
http://i33.tinypic.com/wrnrk0.png

Night0wl
10-24-2009, 02:23 PM
Also Waffles uses mostly same layout as OiNK did, while What doesn't.

I don't mind What.cd, but it just feels so very impersonal on Gazelle code. Like if you want to say thanks for a perfect FLAC in the comments, you would also be saying thanks for all other formats.

@gionman

The numbers mean nothing when it comes to feeling at home.

placebocrazy
10-24-2009, 02:41 PM
waffles= feeling home approved :)

WhoopDeDoo
10-24-2009, 02:48 PM
I use Waffles a lot more then I ever have What. But even though it happens rarely, What always has what I can't find at Waffles.

The_Martinator
10-24-2009, 03:50 PM
A dead tracker can't have alternatives. Or it has countless of them (every other tracker where you don't DL anything).

PS: Was that part an oxymoron?

Rart
10-24-2009, 03:57 PM

Doubt it. I think you're thinking too hard :P

But I don't really think STM could ever really become an "oink" alternative, although I've never been on Oink. STM is more scene, recent releases, and you'll be hard pressed to find anything older than ~2years, which limits your options quite a bit.

The_Martinator
10-24-2009, 04:31 PM

Doubt it. I think you're thinking too hard :P

But I don't really think STM could ever really become an "oink" alternative, although I've never been on Oink. STM is more scene, recent releases, and you'll be hard pressed to find anything older than ~2years, which limits your options quite a bit.

True, but then as far as I can tell that's what most people are looking for anyway (considering that most BTers are somewhere between 20 and 29 AFAIK).

Thinking too hard, huh? I can't help it, I guess. Or maybe today's not my off day, lol.