PDA

View Full Version : Smoking In The Rain .::. Game Over

Cabalo
10-24-2009, 05:27 PM
As stated on site:

It's after long deliberation and with great saddness that we bring you the news that SITR will not be returning online.
SITR has unexpectedly suffered from one of it's servers failing completely and needing to be replaced. Considering SITR's prior state as well as the time involved to fix this, all we would be bringing back is the remains of dead site. After what have already been many months of struggle and digging in deep in order to hang on with SITR lacking the member support to survive, the means required to resolve this are just not there.
With a heavy heart towards those few that stood by SITR right up to it's last minute, we are left no other choice then to conclude that SITR's current situation is beyond repair and that our only option left is to shut SITR down permanently.
We're thankful to all of you that have been a member at SITR and appreciate the time you've spent here with us. No doubt all of you and us will find other sites to call our "home", but we do not wish to just turn off the light on SITR and leave all of you behind in the dark.
Any of you that may have questions regarding SITR's situation or Anyone looking for a new place to join is welcome at www.TorrentZilla.org (http://www.torrentzilla.org/) .
Any of you that wish to come in and say your goodbyes are welcome to do on our irc. (irc.Lostirc.org #sitr)

There goes one of the first sites ever to ban entire countries.

Bad-Day
10-24-2009, 05:28 PM
what a day / who´s next ?

TheFoX
10-24-2009, 06:07 PM
What a shame.

brightsid
10-24-2009, 07:32 PM
One more down. Really bad day

hagckz0r
10-24-2009, 08:30 PM
Smokin' in the rain :(
Bad newz.

Albo Da Kid
10-24-2009, 08:41 PM
I've never used the site so I don't know what I was missing, but it's always sad to witness a tracker go down

rip

dvdasacd
10-24-2009, 09:04 PM
So many sites have gone down this week :(.

ghurka
10-24-2009, 09:20 PM
RIP SITR....was a nice friendly site with very experienced staff there. Unfortunately this week has shown that literally any site could go at a moment's notice..

mrnobody
10-24-2009, 09:29 PM
2 down in same day?

Night0wl
10-24-2009, 10:10 PM
RIP although entirely different scenario. Once I logged in to notice the rar vs. non-rar thread having disappeared a few months ago, not locked or trashed but actually physically removed, I lost everything for that site. This doesn't surprise me at all.

Always sad to see a site go down, but in this case staff turned a quite decent community tracker into some shit almost scene only site. Many members left way before this happened. People lost respect for the staff and for the site.

LubTheStaringCat
10-24-2009, 10:38 PM
2 down in same day?

Smoking In The Rain yes, but what was the other tracker?

Alien5
10-24-2009, 10:47 PM
you kay tee.

LubTheStaringCat
10-24-2009, 10:53 PM
you kay tee.

But Is that rely gone? surly give It a little time to find out for real.
The admin Is the only one that can answer that.

MadIrish
10-25-2009, 12:11 AM
This is a real shame, but the site had been a shadow of what it once was for some time.

I was a member there from early on, it was never a fashionable site but that was a good thing in many ways, it had some of the best staff on the net and a community of really genuine people. Always came high in votes about bad stylesheets, but I kinda liked the crazy design. And it had really good and varied torrents for a small place.

Then there was some sort of split/exodus thing went on, after which it just became a slow scene site with drab presentation and little activity. Can't say I'm that surprised by this announcement.

Still, RIP SITR and good luck to everyone who was involved there.

mrnobody
10-25-2009, 01:03 AM
yeah same, i got in SITR in early days. Didn't even know they were still around until now...

i remember there once was an announcement about paypal canceling their account. They thought SITR was a drug-trafficking site or something similar :majorlol:

LubTheStaringCat
10-25-2009, 01:39 AM
yeah same, i got in SITR in early days. Didn't even know they were still around until now...

i remember there once was an announcement about paypal canceling their account. They thought SITR was a drug-trafficking site or something similar :majorlol:

Is that true?.. never knew that:blink: