PDA

View Full Version : rate my 7 step plan to get an HDBits invite

TrollinThunder
10-27-2009, 04:49 PM
1) Buy BluRay burner. (Probably the LG) Note: I already have a capable pc (i7 920, 6GB Corsair)
2) Buy BluRay discs of dozens of movies and tv shows (or Netflix that shit)
3) Learn to encode.
4) Encode at high quality levels.
5) Post encodes on usenet and spot them on ABHDTV (a lot of users there from HDBits and they are allowed to post many of the internal BR discs.)
6) Sacrifice my best goat.
7) Make a request here at FST.

Great success?

yipie
10-27-2009, 05:02 PM
Um...Was this some poor attempt at humor?.

The_Sasa
10-27-2009, 05:06 PM
Seems like good. :)

Cabalo
10-27-2009, 05:12 PM
1) Buy BluRay burner. (Probably the LG) Note: I already have a capable pc (i7 920, 6GB Corsair)
3) Learn to encode.
5) Post encodes on usenet and spot them on ABHDTV (a lot of users there from HDBits and they are allowed to post many of the internal BR discs.)

Great success?
the sure win part is request it here! :yup:

pone44
10-27-2009, 05:24 PM
Rate it on a scale of what? 1-10
You know someone will copy and paste this with other info right into the request section for HDB when they do if ever they open invites. I guess if that is what they require in a interview then it is the way a request should be for that site.

Going a little off topic as usual but how different is bithdtv and HDB?
I am not a member of either.I am satisfied with DVDR/XVID format for now.

Cabalo
10-27-2009, 06:26 PM
there isn't that huge difference there used to be. Bithdtv has grown a lot due to HDB's invite policy.
Sure HDB is still bigger, but it won't take many months for them to be nearly equal in number of torrents if it keeps this way.

Night0wl
10-27-2009, 06:33 PM
1 through 4 is good, but then I don't know. How about:

5) Post a few really good encodes where HDBits members roam and hold the rest hostage. Ransom is an invite.
6)????????
7)PROFIT!!

Team America
10-27-2009, 07:47 PM
there isn't that huge difference there used to be. Bithdtv has grown a lot due to HDB's invite policy.
Sure HDB is still bigger, but it won't take many months for them to be nearly equal in number of torrents if it keeps this way.

HDbits has more torrents than Bitmetv, or more HD torrents?

The_Martinator
10-27-2009, 08:05 PM
3,5/10

:lol:

IdolEyes787
10-27-2009, 08:09 PM

That's just silly it's only worth your second best goat if that.

stl
10-27-2009, 08:16 PM
u forgot point eight

PROOFIT

megabyteme
10-27-2009, 08:44 PM
3) Learn to encode.

Great success?

I will give you the same advice I give everyone. That is, simply do the things that you would do if you had no goal in mind. If you put effort into something with an end-goal that is more important to you than the journey, you may face disappointment if you do not reach your goal. However, if you do the things you mentioned for the sake (and enjoyment) of doing them, getting welcomed into that community will be a bonus. And, coincidentally, will make you a much better candidate.

Enjoy the journey, there's a lot of good stuff on the way!

Best of luck.

TrollinThunder
10-27-2009, 08:49 PM
megabyteme you're a nice guy I can tell but for the record this thread was just to entertain me for two minutes out of a two hour long lecture on the estate tax.

megabyteme
10-27-2009, 09:19 PM
megabyteme you're a nice guy I can tell but for the record this thread was just to entertain me for two minutes out of a two hour long lecture on the estate tax.

Oh noes, I've been trolled. Who would have thought it would have come from a guy named...:O

NP, I usually just write to see myself type anyway. :D Sounds like a REALLY awful lecture. I prefer philosophy and communications. Those classes are usually filled with a bunch of us who talk to hear ourselves talking. Far more interesting than one person lecturing.:lol:

IdolEyes787
10-27-2009, 10:05 PM
Troll 1 Nerd 0

megabyteme
10-27-2009, 10:20 PM
Troll 1 Nerd 0

:lol:

worthlessone
10-27-2009, 10:45 PM
you stupid! you need to pay for login abhdtv. :) and i know lots of ppl from abhdtv having 3-5 year HD history supplies bd and hdtv caps and still didnt get hdbits invite ;)
so GL with your stupid idea..

oh i forgot..abhdtv is full of sources and .ts hdtv caps :) and they hate encodes !!! only encodes you can find in abhdtv.x264 channel :p

TrollinThunder
10-27-2009, 10:51 PM
I am a member of abhdtv and am well aware of these facts.

worthlessone
10-27-2009, 10:53 PM
I am a member of abhdtv and am well aware of these facts.

you paid 20$ for this ? and you are doing encodes at abhdtv ?

TrollinThunder
10-27-2009, 11:22 PM
I paid $20. That's the plan. ;)

worthlessone
10-27-2009, 11:39 PM
MOST STUPID IDEA EVER !!!
:) honestly my advice waste your time on something more important

edit:
you want second advice?
join sdbits and made lots of perfect dvd encode :) make good friends then you r in..

Roark
10-27-2009, 11:49 PM
If anyone here has a BUD and can produce 40mbit caps of tv shows regularly, I'm sure arrangements can be made.

worthlessone
10-27-2009, 11:58 PM
If anyone here has a BUD and can produce 40mbit caps of tv shows regularly, I'm sure arrangements can be made.

yeah thats a other option too.

pone44
10-28-2009, 12:16 AM
People have the option to pay $ to get into bithdtv? That does not seem very smart. If true? What other sites have that feature?

So both bidhdtv and HDB contain the same amount of content just diffrent encoders?

you stupid! you need to pay for login abhdtv. :) and i know lots of ppl from abhdtv having 3-5 year HD history supplies bd and hdtv caps and still didnt get hdbits invite ;)

oh i forgot..abhdtv is full of sources and .ts hdtv caps :) and they hate encodes !!! only encodes you can find in abhdtv.x264 channel :p

worthlessone
10-28-2009, 12:32 AM
People have the option to pay $ to get into bithdtv? That does not seem very smart. If true? What other sites have that feature?

So both bidhdtv and HDB contain the same amount of content just diffrent encoders?

not bithdtv!
its abhdtv and its just a forum :) you can download every content from usenet on abhdtv channel without registering abhdtv forum.but its a community that everybody know each other..
you need to pay 20$ for 1 year subscription..
im saying again ITS JUST FORUM and only sources they care about..
hdbits 20k user and lots of encoders and groups fighting for encodes !!! bithdtv lack of source :) its actually all about sources..encoders nothing without source and there is so many ppl in hdbits capping tv shows,movies and downloading shows from itunes..so lots of bd suppliers too.
this brings quality !

KushBlow
10-28-2009, 12:33 AM
You shouldn't need a 7 step plan.

kooltilldend
10-28-2009, 12:36 AM
at this point, I can't think of any plan that can get a person into HDB ^^

DonkeyPacker
10-28-2009, 03:30 AM
Step 1: Become a Playboy bunny
Step 2: Fuck HDBits staff
Step 3: Get invite

Benjamin
10-28-2009, 04:05 AM
Pretty sure the people joining HDBits daily didn't have a 7 step plan.

kooltilldend
10-28-2009, 04:18 AM
Step 1: Become a Playboy bunny
Step 2: Fuck HDBits staff
Step 3: Get invite
good luck getting through that 1st step lol

@Benjamin...the last member joined a week ago so yeah you are part right ^^

Benjamin
10-28-2009, 04:22 AM
Whatever dude, everytime I check there's a new member :P

kooltilldend
10-28-2009, 04:39 AM
tut tut...it means you don't check the site often enough :P

lol jk

apextwin146
10-28-2009, 05:30 AM
So inessence this was your 1 step plan for not getting bored for 2 mins in a 2 hrs lecture :pinch: ... I bet you can come up with a 7-step plan for not getting bored for 2 hrs in a 2 hr lecture .. Aim higer FFS!!

RedRansom
10-28-2009, 07:25 AM
well dunno you're trolling or just trying to get fun but when you step in to encoding and usenet honestly you will notice you wont need hdbits account most sources coming from usenet(tv shows-Bluray disc etc) also some of hdbits encoders also uploading sources to usenet, if they want to encoding they're but not uploading sources to tracker anymore...Well after that hard working maybe you will never get an invite and disappointment especially last part request at FST? most tracker staff dont like here, they think FST only have n00bs and trader dont forget to pain in ass staff:P as far as i know only staff have invites for hdbits and as you see there's no official hdbits staff here(that makes your invite request really weak) maybe few of them lurking here for just hunting traders...
I think new members still stepping in to tracker dont know how to they're getting invites...But the reality, hdbits stopped the hand out invites to members then only staff just choice to giving away...

awaited
10-28-2009, 04:08 PM
If you wanna buy so many blurays, then whats the point of pirating and getting into hdbits?

Heroo
10-28-2009, 04:25 PM
good luck m8
lol

TrollinThunder
10-28-2009, 04:28 PM
You are the wind beneath my wings. <3

b3owulf
10-28-2009, 04:57 PM
Nice. You can start from #7 right now :D

MiNiMAL
10-28-2009, 05:10 PM
Gl m8 ! You REALLY need it ! :D

Speedo
10-28-2009, 06:44 PM
Wouldn't it be better to learn all you said and make great presentations on a already respected torrent site? First get a good nick and layout for the titles. Then work on the presentations. Good screens, easy to find links, info about the encoding, good nfo, easy to understand narration, and no flashy big letters. Just keep it clean and never stray from you standard. Do that for some releases and suddenly everyone wants you.

I'm just guessing here

WhoopDeDoo
10-29-2009, 06:53 AM
There used to be a 3 step plan to getting an HDBits invite... Get invited to Waffles, get Power User status, and get a free invite from there.

I don't care for HD so I never requested one. But yours might work if you spend enough money on it, kind of defeats the purpose of torrenting though.

susiserken
10-29-2009, 01:17 PM
seems a bit desperate :unsure:

kooltilldend
10-29-2009, 01:35 PM
Wouldn't it be better to learn all you said and make great presentations on a already respected torrent site? First get a good nick and layout for the titles. Then work on the presentations. Good screens, easy to find links, info about the encoding, good nfo, easy to understand narration, and no flashy big letters. Just keep it clean and never stray from you standard. Do that for some releases and suddenly everyone wants you.

I'm just guessing here
only problem is it'll be months at the very least before you make a name for yourself through that and most definitely even longer before you are anywhere near well known among all sites...i doubt his plans are to wait anywhere near that long (since most likely HDBits will be open again by then anyways)

nutcr0cker
10-30-2009, 02:23 AM
LOL.sarfice goat

necromantic
10-31-2009, 04:43 AM
Seems like a solid plan. Only problem is that there are no invites anymore :P

GoldStoNe
10-31-2009, 05:14 AM
There are lots of other HD sites out there. Try out HDChina and HD-Torrents. Lately, WiKi, the guys in HDChina, are beating even scene groups in releasing new movies. The Chinese are among the best pirates in the world 'coz they steal directly from Bluray factories. It's not surprising to see full Bluray uploaded in their sites first than other sites or even before they are sold in the market! On the other hand, HDBits are slow in releasing their internal encodes since most members buy their own Bluray discs or steal from the Chinese HD sites.

HD-Torrents is also a decent site 'coz they steal a lot of good encodes from HDBits. Also, their internal encoder HiDt make side-by-side comparison of source and encode to show quality. The only good thing with HDBits is if you're looking for rare and old encoded movies. Torrents don't easily die there because of the number of seeders. But for new and popular movies, any HD sites with reputable internal encoders will do.

Join these newer torrent sites. Make unholy alliance with the Chinese pirates. Find ways to steal discs before anyone else. Be a very good encoder. Make screenshot comparisons between your encode and well-known encoding groups. Show the world how good you are and how the other groups suck. Then, maybe the HDBits people will notice you and invite you in because you have something to offer!

Frankthetank1
10-31-2009, 07:15 AM
hd torrents is no good and never hear of hd china which cant be good. bithdtv i actually like

LeBronJames
10-31-2009, 08:27 PM
Sure HDB is still bigger, but it won't take many months for them to be nearly equal in number of torrents if it keeps this way.Except not. Bit-HDTV has 17536 torrents, which may or may not be growing closer to HDB's 21587, but to say there isn't a huge difference? :lol:

Firstly, quality of releases, this speaks for itself.
Secondly, Bit-HDTV has less the 56k seeders, HDB has more than 228k seeders... Suffice it to say all HDB's torrents are seeded WAY better.
Thirdly, HDB actually has its own cappers and rippers, not just encoding groups

... and HDB has been closed for what? A year now? Yeah, Bit-HDTV isn't surpassing HDB anytime soon, try again next time.