PDA

View Full Version : BitmeTV announce imminent ‘Global Ban’ of Romania

Magnum
10-31-2009, 08:00 AM
A high level private torrent tracker BitmeTV is considering banning Romanian IP ranges from accessing the site due to excessive number of users that violate tracker rules.
"For some time now we have been flooded with account stealing and ratio cheating largely from Romania.
Most of Romania have fiber connections, so we do not understand why the rule breaking has been so MASSIVE from this country.
Sure there are also some great Romanian members but the amount of account theft and cheating going on is far outweighing the good members.

THIS IS A WARNING.

This needs to STOP or we will have to take further action on a more global scale. "
BitmeTV staff!

NSMB
10-31-2009, 08:39 AM
At least they're kind enough to give them a chance before banning the whole country.

brightsid
10-31-2009, 08:44 AM
One after the other. Too bad for the rest

beco
10-31-2009, 09:32 AM
This your full right to do every exceptional step .
you have a great tracker great community ....realy delight !
But this step contravenes the concept of community (i think)
I live in the state that is blocked also on the same reason from Bitmetv ...
our samll communtiy in my state "suffering" form global ban
because of 5 or 10 "felons kids" ...the same guys with the same problem every time.
I believe the situation is similar with romania issue .
im not i rumanian .. But I recognize personal considerable Romanians that helped to the global community to progress , maybe your recognize some of them like me or better from me .
lm sure that ..your mange a community not a "house of detention" ... and you are not supposed to deal with these hooligans ...
But forbidden us/you to give to these hooligans to win , and use at "global ban" .
we hope that one day will remove the "global ban" from others states .
All the best :)

Cabalo
10-31-2009, 03:11 PM
Are there any sites remaining where romanians can still join? :unsure:

awaited
10-31-2009, 03:21 PM
as another user said, atleast they are giving them a chance:cool:

well my maths exam is way easier than ansering that question:sick:

mievmo
10-31-2009, 04:41 PM
oh, Another tracker done it. bad news for RO.

biiiiiiiiiiith
10-31-2009, 06:37 PM
hell yea, please ban romania bitmetv, please. i dare you!

lol87
10-31-2009, 07:56 PM
Most of Romania have fiber connections, so we do not understand why the rule breaking has been so MASSIVE from this country.

Romania have a large population of gypsies. I assume that cheaters are most likely gypsies. Correct me if I am wrong.

It is pity to punish a whole country, because there are many Romanians who don't have the intention to cheat.

Totti
10-31-2009, 08:10 PM
i really think trackers shouldn't ban hole countries EVEN if a lot of the members from that country are bad. Each user should be looked at individually and then right measurements should be taken

Bad-Day
10-31-2009, 08:27 PM
Romanians are lovely guys, and to wonder, that the best cheating forum, is german.... go figure.

Totti
10-31-2009, 08:41 PM
Romanians are lovely guys, and to wonder, that the best cheating forum, is german.... go figure.

how would you know that :O?

hehe

Bad-Day
10-31-2009, 08:46 PM

how would you know that :O?

hehe

I know everything* and you, know nothing ;)

brightsid
10-31-2009, 09:13 PM
Romania have a large population of gypsies. I assume that cheaters are most likely gypsies. Correct me if I am wrong.

It is pity to punish a whole country, because there are many Romanians who don't have the intention to cheat.
Completely wrong check about the Roma minority

Heroo
11-01-2009, 03:08 AM
coz cheating i hear about it

why RO why :)

TP635
11-01-2009, 03:12 AM
Do the cheaters from Romania also cheat when they are in .ro trackers?

Heroo
11-01-2009, 03:15 AM

cheaters at every where m8

cinephilia
11-01-2009, 04:01 AM
romanian trackers :happy:

exth2o
11-01-2009, 04:45 AM

cheaters at every where m8

You didn't really answer the question.

Magnum
11-01-2009, 06:54 AM

Wrong.If you think you are soo smart, did you know that gypsys came from India?Does this means that indians are gypsys ? Friend, they aren't a few, be carefull....

I hate hypocrisy...:sick:
They are not humans like you ?"Correct me if I am wrong" :naughty:

nutcr0cker
11-01-2009, 07:19 AM
I am not a member at bitmetv however, I feel that punishing the whole country for the rogueness of some is unfortunate. I hope they would find a better solution to this problem

Benjamin
11-01-2009, 07:22 AM
Be thankful that they are decent enough to give you guys a warning.

Magnum
11-01-2009, 07:23 AM
Be thankful that they are decent enough to give you guys a warning.
:yup::yup::yup:

pro267
11-01-2009, 07:50 AM
That's a bit racist, isn't it.

If the U.S. has the most financially successful movie industry, and also the largest population of Native Americans, does that mean that most hollywood movie stars are Native Americans?

BeckS
11-03-2009, 04:07 PM
lol, there is no gypsy issues. the problem is too many kids (12 to 14 yo) have heard about torrent trackers and now they waste all day long trying to become uploaders on some RO trackers, or to make some money by trying to steal accounts and such.

Still, I havent seen too many Ro users on bitmetv and cant understand how this could have turned into such a global problem.

sez
11-03-2009, 07:35 PM
lol the warning is as good as a ban,its not like Ro'z have town halls where they discuss such issues and the way forward :lol:.

Cabalo
11-04-2009, 02:38 AM
romanian trackers :happy:
for now...

Let's face it, if it was one or only a couple of sites who banned .ro, we could even remotely use the "they don't like romanians" argument.
But, as this is becoming generic, something must be very wrong with the general romanian BT population. And we're talking about the vast majority.

Intr4ns1t
11-04-2009, 03:22 AM
lol, there is no gypsy issues. the problem is too many kids (12 to 14 yo) have heard about torrent trackers

This is my belief. I don't think it's a cultural issue, I think it's a maturity issue. Personally, I have made quite a few romanian friends through BT and they are not inherently "shady" or devious. Most of the complaints I hear at PtN about romanian users actually come from other romanian users in fact. Figure that one out.:blink:

cinephilia
11-04-2009, 03:26 AM
lol, there is no gypsy issues. the problem is too many kids (12 to 14 yo) have heard about torrent trackers and now they waste all day long trying to become uploaders on some RO trackers, or to make some money by trying to steal accounts and such.
you hit the nail on the head.

TP635
11-04-2009, 03:35 AM
lol, there is no gypsy issues. the problem is too many kids (12 to 14 yo) have heard about torrent trackers

This is my belief. I don't think it's a cultural issue, I think it's a maturity issue. Personally, I have made quite a few romanian friends through BT and they are not inherently "shady" or devious. Most of the complaints I hear at PtN about romanian users actually come from other romanian users in fact. Figure that one out.:blink:

That at the most just partly explained the situation. There are kids of the same age group from other countries that are BT users, but they do not generally behave like that. (I assume maturity to mean age).

Villalltheway
11-04-2009, 04:08 AM

That at the most just partly explained the situation. There are kids of the same age group from other countries that are BT users, but they do not generally behave like that. (I assume maturity to mean age).

Maybe kids in other countries dont need the cash so much.

Intr4ns1t
11-04-2009, 05:52 AM

Don't they though? I see bad behaviour from all countries myself, and truth be told, the users that generally cause problems most often are young users. They lack the experience in life to see the ramifications of their actions and act with that lack of experience. Granted, there is the appearance of a higher ratio of bad users in romania, but there are surely mitigating factors in that appearance. Increased accessability to the internet(without the time to acclimate to the way the rest of us feel we should behave), a preexisting awareness and focus on romanians due to a long standing trend of considering it a source of shit users, scapegoating, w/e.