PDA

View Full Version : How your site will looks like ?

Ahmed047
10-31-2009, 10:15 PM
How your site will looks like ?

If you are going to make a site on the internet ,what is the type of site ? : tracker ,forum ,blog ,.........other ( please specify ) ,& if it is a tracker ,what is the type of content ,General ,movies , games ,.......other ( please specify ) ,& will you make it invite only ,always open sign up ,or periodic open sign up ,will you make it ratio free ? ,what will be your user limit ? ,will you periodically prune inactive accounts ? ,& if it is a forum ,will you make it an invites giveaway/request board or only BT discussion ,& if it is a blog what will you write in it

here are mine :
well I am thinking of a hybrid site (forum+tracker) that will be mainly a forum but a tracker will be available to facilitate the excahnge of small & rare files between members (instead of uploading to rapid share) ,it will be a medical site with medical discussion board & sure will contain other off-topic boards for every thing & special board for file sharing discussion only & no invites requests/giveaway are allowed (discussion board only) ,& i will make it periodic open sign up (such as opening in the 1st 3 days every month) ,there is no user limit ,& i will not prune inactive account (they may be active one day) .
these are thoughts that may be transformed to a real site & may be not .
what about you ? ,what are your thoughts ?

tesco
11-01-2009, 12:21 AM
Getting the ideas for a site, programming it, then opening it are one thing. The problem is getting users to your site. That is what stops me from opening a site outside of filesharingtalk.com.

Ahmed047
11-01-2009, 05:35 AM
Getting the ideas for a site, programming it, then opening it are one thing. The problem is getting users to your site. That is what stops me from opening a site outside of filesharingtalk.com.
you are true ,I think at 1st the site will be empty but with time users will know your site & use it ,this can take some time (long time indeed) but patience is the key here ,& avoid loss of interest,as I think that when owner loss interest in his site this is the real site killer .

Skiz
11-01-2009, 05:38 AM

I remember theeverythingguide.com. :yup:

Ahmed047
11-01-2009, 11:37 AM
what about this site ? ,what happened to it ?

benchez' mum
11-01-2009, 02:09 PM
what about this site ? ,what happened to it ?

He remembers it. Probably too often and recurringly.

tesco
11-02-2009, 01:55 AM

It was everythingguide.info.

I lost interest.
It actually got a little bit of traffic (around 50 unique visits a day at peak I think). This was thanks to the fact that I could advertise it on this forum which got it indexed in google very quickly.:P