PDA

View Full Version : Advanced Torrent Client Options

apes
11-01-2009, 05:03 AM
As my library is starting to get really huge, I'm in major need of a better torrent client or idea to ease my torrents into the media center's library.

Ok, here is the current situation and setup.
I run utorrent on Home computer. I have 3 HD's used for media content, two are storage(media A & media B), the 3rd is "unsorted".
Currently, utorrent downloads a file via RSS or manually, DL's into a "unfinished" folder on unsorted, then moves the file to "finished" folder when it's completed. Then it seeds until I manually move it to either A or B drive.
Once's it's moved to A/B drives, it will get added to the media library for the HTPC where we get to watch it.

This works ok and I've been doing it this way a long time now but I would really like to find a more automated way of doing this.

Here is what I would like:
Torrent client labels(tags) a file by type/genre. This can be set via RSS feed or manually, whatever the situation. Then file is downloaded to an "unfinished" location. Once finished, the torrent client(or other program) automatically moves the file to its designated location which was originally set by the tag that was set before the DL started. Then, HTPC can do it's job for adding to library.

This way, I can take out the middle man of moving files before I can watch them. It seems trivial and it used to be until I got the internet connection I currently have. Most downloads are finished within 5-10 mins. But then it takes another 5-10 mins to get it set up for watching. Before, it'd take a few hours, so the extra 5-10 mins was nothing.

If anyone has found a way to streamline a similar set up, I'd like to know. Just to get an idea of what I can do.