PDA

View Full Version : Please?

bumrocks
11-01-2009, 06:39 AM
I'm sure this should be posted elsewhere but I couldn't find it and i can't PM anyone...My apologies.

I used to hunt traders at this forum but it was only secondary to why I was here or enjoyed the board. Obviously, notes on my account will show that I was reported and basically have disabled privs. I am sorry!

I had this done probably 6+ months ago and I am hoping at this time we might hit the forgive button (but not forget) and let me have my privs back. I have moved on a couple occasions and therefore changed IPs but I have never created any dupe accounts or tried to circumvent the system. I deserved whatever punishment you handed me...

I will not try to capture anyones IP here ever again.

Please consider my request...

bum

Skiz
11-01-2009, 07:10 AM
Maybe we should let your peers decide. They're the ones you betrayed.

I'll check back in 24 hours - ish and reacess.

bumrocks
11-01-2009, 07:32 AM
Fair enough...

Cabalo
11-01-2009, 07:47 AM
I've some stuff to say about this, but now it's time to go sleep.
Back tomorrow.

Magnum
11-01-2009, 07:50 AM
Accidentally i press the wrong button,against Bumrocks!Skiz please can u change my vote?Mea culpa!

pro267
11-01-2009, 07:53 AM
Only if you promise to continue hunting traders.

Magnum
11-01-2009, 07:58 AM
:D LMAO!I swear
P.S.Thank you very much Skiz!

Di@monds
11-01-2009, 08:58 AM
nice OP you voted for yourself

Albo Da Kid
11-01-2009, 09:07 AM
Even though you and your friends over at Cfs showed me no mercy out of personal dislike in the past and put me through a shitload of problems when you clearly knew I was innocent, I'm going to be the better man and vote for you to be forgiven.

Why? Because I don't want you to witness how fucked up it is when you reach out for help and no1 shows you the respect that you deserve

If worst comes to worst, at least remove his "disabled privs" status, allow him PMs and forbid him from the trade section.

brightsid
11-01-2009, 09:34 AM
I really like you bumrocks, you've helped me with something in the past so I would like to know more about what happened.

bumrocks
11-01-2009, 09:41 AM
Even though you and your friends over at Cfs showed me no mercy out of personal dislike in the past and put me through a shitload of problems when you clearly knew I was innocent, I'm going to be the better man and vote for you to be forgiven...

So it is clear...Yes, alot of them are my friends BUT I had nothing to do with you being ousted or whatever probs they created for you...Didn't know anything about it until after it happened. But yes, this probably does make you the better man as I can't say that I expected it of you...

Thank You

nice OP you voted for yourself

Damn right I did!

I really like you bumrocks, you've helped me with something in the past so I would like to know more about what happened.

I pretty much laid it out...More details: I captured trader's IPs via PM and a disguised link. As mentioned also, it was not my main purpose for being at FST and that can be easily verified via my posts and rep.

In the future I will refrain from breaking the rules here at FST. Obviously, I have been tagged and could never do it here again successfully, for very long at least, and I would expect bannage as well. This is something I will not invite my way...

Albo Da Kid
11-01-2009, 09:53 AM
BUT I had nothing to do with you being ousted or whatever probs they created for you

Alright bumrocks but cmon.. that's what all you guys say(I couldn;t do anything about it) .
Even if you weren't the one who was takign action, you witnessed it happening and yet you didn't even speak against it at least or question their proofs.

I guarantee you that if I(and I'm sure many others) wintessed somethign similar to what was going on in my case, I'd speak against it right away and give the victim a chance to explain himself.

You guys watched me getting banned from every tracker out there and decided to mind your own business as long as it didn't affect you.

Fuck it though, I guess not everyone is built the same. Have fun out here boss

Frankthetank1
11-01-2009, 10:00 AM
still not sure what you did. did you find out someone's ip on here and reported them to a different site?

bumrocks
11-01-2009, 10:02 AM
BUT I had nothing to do with you being ousted or whatever probs they created for you

Alright bumrocks but cmon.. that's what all you guys say(I couldn;t do anything about it) .
Even if you weren't the one who was takign action, you witnessed it happening and yet you didn't even speak against it at least or question their proofs...

I will PM you if I get the opportunity...I believe you are giving me too much credit on all that goes on...I am a member of many sites. Some I spend more time at then others. Some more one day and less the next. I had no clue as to what happened to you until it was long over with...It took me seeing one of your posts with "banned" next to your name before I knew anything...I have no reason to BS you at this point and I assure you I am not.

sez
11-01-2009, 10:24 AM
May I ask why you were doing it?
This is actually my opportunity to finally understand serb.

mievmo
11-01-2009, 10:53 AM
you are good guy.. therefor i vote "forgiven".
Keep that "trading hunting". GJ.

Something Else
11-01-2009, 10:54 AM
I don't trust someone that votes for them self. No from me.

Something Else
11-01-2009, 10:55 AM
Democracy has gone all wrong.

Something Else
11-01-2009, 11:18 AM
What is the point of a 'blank vote' option. You can easily not vote FFS.

yipie
11-01-2009, 11:24 AM
We get the fucking point mievmo.

mievmo
11-01-2009, 11:35 AM
then STFU.
TY.

Ahmed047
11-01-2009, 11:48 AM
Yes, reinstate privileges

bumrocks ,you helped me a lot before & you are a nice guy ,I hope you will gain full privileges again .

The_Martinator
11-01-2009, 11:52 AM
Well, honestly I have no idea what your motives were for hunting traders. Most people here hate people who hunt traders only so they can get into those hard to get into trackers. I have to agree with them.

A whole other thing is if you were doing it cause one of the staffers from some site asked you or if you were even staff somewhere.

Anyway, I have seen you around and not only are you an active member, but also an uploader at at least one site (with quality uploads I may add). That says something about you, but what says more is that you seem to be a man of your word from everything I've heard. So my vote is yes.

TP635
11-01-2009, 12:41 PM
Until I understand the circumstances behind the lost of privilege I won't vote. I think it is fair to know what the heck was the reason for the lost of privilege.

IdolEyes787
11-01-2009, 01:08 PM
No .
I don't like being lied to and even less when it's from a person who is supposedly a friend.I also believe it is a greater "sin" to be duplicitous while feigning a moral high ground.
Also I agree with Martin most people do that kind of thing because they believe it will advance them in the bt hierarchy and by both your history and associations of preference I believe that was the case with you.The sites and people you have gravitated to are not entirely lost on me.

Btw @ Martin uploading isn't necessarily an altruistic thing either .

Is there a possibility that I am misjudging you? Of course, but since you yourself didn't see any gray areas or allow those that you reported any leeway or even as you have been given here a simple chance to plead their case, I think it is highly hypocritical to expect any in return.

Btw I'm not voting because the addendum to the no doesn't entirely coincide with my reasons.

Night0wl
11-01-2009, 01:17 PM
6 Months is long enough, although the "Traders" don't get second chances, that is if they even did anything in the first place.

Don't get me wrong here. I never traded, but there are limits to anything and question is who are the worst people.

TP635
11-01-2009, 01:33 PM
I don't like being lied to and even less when it's from a person who is supposedly a friend.I also believe it is a greater "sin" to be duplicitous while feigning a moral high ground..any comment/answer to this OP?

PlayeR
11-01-2009, 02:09 PM
what did you do ??..and i dun see red disabled privs below your username...i dunno why..maybe it's my browser..because i can see other disabled privs account..

ps: i thought albo was only banned from cfs..didnt know he was also banned from several trackers. what did he do? was it bad?

Bad-Day
11-01-2009, 02:10 PM
someone wants cfs

wanker
11-01-2009, 02:13 PM
hope you get back what you want bumrocks, goodluck!

Funkin'
11-01-2009, 02:15 PM
You're a nice person and a friend, so I voted yes to you getting your privs back.

Although if staff are nice enough to give you your privs back then I certainly wouldn't start these activites here again as I'm sure you won't get another chance. Besides, there's gotta be something better to do with your spare time than hunting traders. ;)

Good to see you back around.

Cabalo
11-01-2009, 05:06 PM
I voted No.

You were one of the few people i actually liked around this shitpool that the BT world is, I wished you genuinely and heartfelt that you would succeed in that tough situation you had in real life some months ago, as you might remember.
Somehow, I believed i could expect more from you in other situations, and you just sat quietly watching things go. I was kinda wrong but I expected more from a friend, and for a long time i blamed it on the fact you often spent a lot of time away from the communities due to your job.

About the trader's hunting here at FST: as you might recall, we had a conversation about this one at castfromsociety.com (notice as I didn't censor the link, as we both have the same mutual respect), and I was taught by you how the process works to link catch a trader. And you might recall that when I caught the first and only one, sometime later I went there and removed all data, and I explained I couldn't do such a thing to FST, a place I like and respect for what it does. It's still written there, as a witness to all this.
We then proceeded to talk via PM, where you told me you kinda felt bad for doing this at FST, as they were some cool guys. I then explained you how morally wrong it is do such things,though funny and easy. This happens in the exact same time Serb approaches me to join his "crew", whom I promptly told I wasn't interested.

But yet, you proceeded.

You hang with some of the worst scum in the BT playground, as one day when you stop to look at it through a 3rd perspective you'll realize. you are their friend, and you stood by their side no matter the issue, forgetting some of the primordial principles of the definition of a community.
You betrayed this forum, its members, its staff, and your friends here. You did it because you want to please someone, who are a cancer. And FST was just some means to you.

Why did I vote no? Because you never forgave a trader (someone who brakes rules). Why should it be any different with you? Be coherent for once.

It's just a minor setback for all the damage you caused to some people for your own self promotion at some circles.
I used to like you, but since you stopped talking to me when the "not cfs material" ban happened, I have every reason to believe you are not the guy I expected you to be. Neither does this forum.

bumrocks
11-01-2009, 05:11 PM

I didn't create the poll...Why wouldn't you vote for yourself?

Well, honestly I have no idea what your motives were for hunting traders. Most people here hate people who hunt traders only so they can get into those hard to get into trackers. I have to agree with them...

It is not something I do/did all the time. When I had free time (it has been 2 months since I have captured anyone's IP). When I was particularly irritated with traders (bold, brazen, and stupid ones). I was already in the trackers people "dream" about and therefore had nothing to personally gain. Which was in part why I chose to do so...It irritates me to no end people who cheat their way in to sites I belong to. I earned trust, made friends, and was pleasently surprised via email or PM...Why can't they? I have made many friends in this forum and others and have always tried to give a helping hand when able and possible.

Here comes a brutally honest answer as well...I take some personal satisfaction beating them in their "cat and mouse" game of trading. They have no issue causing probs (yes, I am generalizing) at trackers and I therefore have no issue in causing probs for them...

No .
I don't like being lied to and even less when it's from a person who is supposedly a friend.I also believe it is a greater "sin" to be duplicitous while feigning a moral high ground.
Also I agree with Martin most people do that kind of thing because they believe it will advance them in the bt hierarchy and by both your history and associations of preference I believe that was the case with you.The sites and people you have gravitated to are not entirely lost on me.

Is there a possibility that I am misjudging you? Of course, but since you yourself didn't see any gray areas or allow those that you reported any leeway or even as you have been given here a simple chance to plead their case, I think it is highly hypocritical to expect any in return...

I actually thought I would not see a post from you. I am about to ramble aimlessly, btw. This one I didn't expect. Personally, I have always liked you and guess I will have to resort to just just respecting you. I have always done the exact opposite of lie to you. I have stood up for you when NOBODY else would...I am at a loss as to how I have lied to you? I WAS A MEMBER OF LEVEL 9 AND 8 SITES LONG BEFORE I ever caught, chased, or reported the first trader. If you can find where I did so more than 64 weeks ago than I shall be shocked, amazed, and will then have to call you a liar/fabricator. As a matter of fact my first IP was captured on Decemeber 5, 2008. The user here was akwrz. I log everything...The point being is that you can think or assume I tried to make friends for personal gain, but I already had friends.

The ones I reported were straight busted...There was no guesswork in the process which I used. There was nothing to plead. My true hopes was that they learned a lesson, for the noob trader, and total grief or irritation by the hardcore. Some of these people are ones I would actually mentor afterwards or at least try to. I can provide additional info on this. I have always been here to help or hinder...I prefer to help.

Whatever ill will you have for me, I apologize. There are things I can't say here and hope that you PM me elsewhere. I will not PM you and impose myself on you but hope to hear from you...

ca_aok
11-01-2009, 06:00 PM
:D :D :D

The first rule of politics is to always vote for yourself.

bumrocks
11-01-2009, 06:17 PM
I voted No.

You were one of the few people i actually liked around this shitpool that the BT world is, I wished you genuinely and heartfelt that you would succeed in that tough situation you had in real life some months ago, as you might remember.

Somehow, I believed i could expect more from you in other situations, and you just sat quietly watching things go. I was kinda wrong but I expected more from a friend, and for a long time i blamed it on the fact you often spent a lot of time away from the communities due to your job.

About the trader's hunting here at FST: as you might recall, we had a conversation about this one at xxxxxxxx.com (notice as I didn't censor the link, as we both have the same mutual respect), and I was taught by you how the process works to link catch a trader. And you might recall that when I caught the first and only one, sometime later I went there and removed all data, and I explained I couldn't do such a thing to FST, a place I like and respect for what it does. It's still written there, as a witness to all this.

We then proceeded to talk via PM, where you told me you kinda felt bad for doing this at FST, as they were some cool guys. I then explained you how morally wrong it is do such things,though funny and easy. This happens in the exact same time Serb approaches me to join his "crew", whom I promptly told I wasn't interested.

But yet, you proceeded.

Why did I vote no? Because you never forgave a trader (someone who brakes rules). Why should it be any different with you? Be coherent for once.

It's just a minor setback for all the damage you caused to some people for your own self promotion at some circles.
I used to like you, but since you stopped talking to me when the "not cfs material" ban happened, I have every reason to believe you are not the guy I expected you to be. Neither does this forum.

I've done alot of writing already, so I am going to try and keep this short. You too were one of those that I liked and respected. In no particular order though...

I was going through alot in my personal life when all the crap went down with you (along with albo) and on top of that I had a super crap connection on my back porch where I was leeching off a neighbors wifi. I spent little time in forums at that time. Anyhoo...Like albo's circumstance, I had no idea what happened or happened to you until it was long over with. So, I did not have the opportunity to question you during the happs...What I do know now, is what you did in regards to 2 different sites and not adhering to their security. If there was a pole in those sites as to whether you should be let back in I, like you, would have to vote "no". Truly I was at a loss as to why you did what you did. Much the same as your opinion of me atm, I expected better.

On the "never forgave a trader" part...Totally bad statement. There is a shiteload of posts and PMs to the contrary. As a recruiter I forgave ALOT of people who once traded. As mentioned in another post I would rather forgive and help a trader than continue the "hate war".

You did it because you want to please someone, who are a cancer. And FST was just some means to you.I explained a couple post ago on this...Honesty alert! Popping traders brought me pleasure. They are the cancer! You are a little mixed up...Or we have to agree to disagree...

And another thing...I am straight up enough to say I was wrong. Explain in detail what I did wrong and apologize. You compromise the security of two different sites and to this day still don't care to do so by posting links and what have you. What I did here I admit to and know I deseve everything that is due to me. You will never hear me cry or whine about FST dickin me around cause I got what I deserved.

On a couple of occasions I have dropped hints that I would like my privs back but until now I have never made a straight and formal request. I waited almost exactly 6 months to do that. I have never pretended to be innocent, perfect, or the like.

IdolEyes787
11-01-2009, 06:25 PM
I actually thought I would not see a post from you. I am about to ramble aimlessly, btw. This one I didn't expect. Personally, I have always liked you and guess I will have to resort to just just respecting you. I have always done the exact opposite of lie to you. I have stood up for you when NOBODY else would...I am at a loss as to how I have lied to you? I WAS A MEMBER OF LEVEL 9 AND 8 SITES LONG BEFORE I ever caught, chased, or reported the first trader. If you can find where I did so more than 64 weeks ago than I shall be shocked, amazed, and will then have to call you a liar/fabricator. As a matter of fact my first IP was captured on Decemeber 5, 2008. The user here was akwrz. I log everything...The point being is that you can think or assume I tried to make friends for personal gain, but I already had friends.

The ones I reported were straight busted...There was no guesswork in the process which I used. There was nothing to plead. My true hopes was that they learned a lesson, for the noob trader, and total grief or irritation by the hardcore. Some of these people are ones I would actually mentor afterwards or at least try to. I can provide additional info on this. I have always been here to help or hinder...I prefer to help.

Whatever ill will you have for me, I apologize. There are things I can't say here and hope that you PM me elsewhere. I will not PM you and impose myself on you but hope to hear from you...

So you can't like me anymore because I question your ethics or motives?
OK I retract the lie part but you can't deny you deceived me which basically amounts to the same thing.
As for the sites I don't really care but you weren't on everything a year ago that yo are now. I'm not saying your involvment in phishing IPs had anything to do with it but let's just get all the facts straight.

Really bumrocks I personally don't have anything against you but I do have serious issues with some things you've done.

And thank you for defending me but I feel, as no doubt you do here ,that I've never done anything that I needed to defend myself against .

Also you don't need my permission to PM me anyplace.I'd be happpy to here from you.Besides all this crap is tracker related and doesn't have anything to with us a real peoplewhich in my case means raking leaves which I'm now off to do .I'll caught up later.

@ca_aok politics and probity have very little in common.

The_Martinator
11-01-2009, 06:50 PM
No .

Well of course. Uploading was what stood out along with quite a few forum posts (good ones at that). Some of those were slefish too. :P

bumrocks
11-01-2009, 07:18 PM
So you can't like me anymore because I question your ethics or motives?
OK I retract the lie part but you can't deny you deceived me which basically amounts to the same thing.
As for the sites I don't really care but you weren't on everything a year ago that yo are now. I'm not saying your involvment in phishing IPs had anything to do with it but let's just get all the facts straight.

Really bumrocks I personally don't have anything against you but I do have serious issues with some things you've done.

And thank you for defending me but I feel, as no doubt you do here ,that I've never done anything that I needed to defend myself against .

Also you don't need my permission to PM me anyplace.I'd be happpy to here from you.Besides all this crap is tracker related and doesn't have anything to with us a real peoplewhich in my case means raking leaves which I'm now off to do .I'll caught up later...

No, I still like you. I apologize if i was for deceiving you. I do respect you and regret damaging our relationship. I felt alot of ill will in your first post and hate that I caused that.

Yes, you haven't done anything that needed defending BUT very few are willing to stand up for a FST mod and I was. Maybe I didn't so much defend but for a better choice of words vouched for you. I'll PM you later...My fingers are getting tired...

I can only think of 2 sites that I wasn't on a year ago that I am on now. Both of my inviters made their decisions based on relationships built over time and nothing to do with hunting. 1 probably had no clue that I ever hunted traders. Neither one was a staff member.

Once again I apologize to those I directly disappointed or effected.

If you want my honest answer then ask...

Rart
11-01-2009, 07:33 PM
I am relatively new to all this BT drama and politics and I really hope that I don't gain experience in it. As of such, I have never known you or the issues surrounding you and perhaps my opinion can provide an outsiders perspective on the issue without any previous biases.

To be honest, I probably would have respected you better if you had just said that you had hunted traders in an attempt to climb your way up the BT ladder. At least in that regard you had a specific and ulterior purpose in mind when you were deceiving other users. You had mentioned that you had already acquired all your "dream trackers" before hunting traders and that because of that, you were simply only doing it for the pleasure of catching traders. Essentially, every day, you were purposely acting deceitfully among the members of FST for the sheer pleasure of tricking members of this forum? What does that say about your character as a person?

You had mentioned that the traders were the cancer of BT. And as of such, they were destroying the security, integrity, and well being of a tracker. I completely agree with the fact that traders are detrimental to a tracker. But do two wrongs make a right? How can anyone in their right mind claim that constantly lying, deceiving, and tricking other members of a site for the sole purpose of screwing them over, while at the same time taking pleasure in doing it is any better than trading?

You had mentioned that you had earned the trust of other upstanding members in the community in order to gain entrance into some of the most elusive trackers. How can you even use the word trust in this context without sounding incredibly hypocritical?

Because of this, I had voted no in the poll. I simply can't fathom how I would trust a member that would go to these lengths to deceive. I sincerely hope I'm wrong and that you have changed your ways, but as with your busting of trading, its hard to give people a second chance.

Something Else
11-01-2009, 07:52 PM
FFS. There's even a question mark after the please. How can I take that seriously. I'm going to vote no a few more times. :shifty:

Hombre
11-01-2009, 07:54 PM
I always try not get involved in drama, and i'm very new to this stuff, so i dont see why people wud believe what i've to say, but i've a text log with a member of fst and tps admitting he did it and who he talked to to blame it on cabalo's ass. it's very disgusting to read, but enuff detailed to unmask who did it. as i dont want to break some1's confidence on me, i wud never post it here or hand via pm the chat. but i'm very allowed to say that who believes he "broke" a site's rules, is a newb and eats all the shit he is thrown at. i know 4 sure he didnt do it, and who did. and if u bumrocks believed that, u are no better. As for hunting traders here, i dont think u shud have disabled privs, u should have a disabled acc. staff here are too friendly with u after what u did, and u are no asset to this forum, only a liability. go back to listening lies of some "friends" u think u have.

pffm
11-01-2009, 08:08 PM
Hombre, your forum signature is bugging me, it's really annoying. On the other hand, I did like sub-zero... I knew all the moves and tricks.

bumrocks seems like a decent guy, I can't say that I know him that well but he got my "Yes" on the poll.

bumrocks
11-01-2009, 08:48 PM
I always try not get involved in drama, and i'm very new to this stuff, so i dont see why people wud believe what i've to say, but i've a text log with a member of fst and tps admitting he did it and who he talked to to blame it on cabalo's ass. it's very disgusting to read, but enuff detailed to unmask who did it...

I can only make judgments on what I have seen myself...If you don't share the info or proof then your post is useless...

...To be honest, I probably would have respected you better if you had just said that you had hunted traders in an attempt to climb your way up the BT ladder. At least in that regard you had a specific and ulterior purpose in mind when you were deceiving other users. You had mentioned that you had already acquired all your "dream trackers" before hunting traders and that because of that, you were simply only doing it for the pleasure of catching traders...

Actually I said...

It is not something I do/did all the time. When I had free time (it has been 2 months since I have captured anyone's IP). When I was particularly irritated with traders (bold, brazen, and stupid ones). I was already in the trackers people "dream" about and therefore had nothing to personally gain. Which was in part why I chose to do so...It irritates me to no end people who cheat their way in to sites I belong to. I earned trust, made friends, and was pleasently surprised via email or PM...Why can't they? I have made many friends in this forum and others and have always tried to give a helping hand when able and possible.

Here comes a brutally honest answer as well...I take some personal satisfaction beating them in their "cat and mouse" game of trading. They have no issue causing probs (yes, I am generalizing) at trackers and I therefore have no issue in causing probs for them...

Bad-Day
11-01-2009, 09:05 PM
The things you guys were doing, whille i was shagging my girlfriend. wow! seriously, theres ppl outside.

"I WAS A MEMBER OF LEVEL 9 AND 8 SITES LONG BEFORE I ever caught, chased, or reported the first trader."

No level 10 ? thats why u started to chase ? caught ? report ?

Did u get that level 10 ? and then retired, and than comeback to fst ?

I voted i donīt care.

Rart
11-01-2009, 09:16 PM
...To be honest, I probably would have respected you better if you had just said that you had hunted traders in an attempt to climb your way up the BT ladder. At least in that regard you had a specific and ulterior purpose in mind when you were deceiving other users. You had mentioned that you had already acquired all your "dream trackers" before hunting traders and that because of that, you were simply only doing it for the pleasure of catching traders...

Actually I said...

I don't see how that changes the validity of my post at all. Care to elaborate/respond to the rest of my post?

deadalive1
11-01-2009, 09:49 PM
I voted yes, I don't care that you were hunting traders, the fact that they were trying to trade means they got what they deserved. All the traders will vote no (for the most part), they only think of themselves, they don't think about anything but the "next" rush from trying to get into the next uber-1337 site.

I could care what anyone thinks of that statement or whether FST condones trading or not. If you are out of it now bumrocks that is fine as well. What your motives are/were or even if there were any at all, doesn't matter to me.

Glad to see you have your privileges back, take care and don't be a stranger.

BobFromAccounting
11-01-2009, 10:04 PM
Forgive and forget. Besides, if he didn't do it, someone else would have. Rather than just change his IP and make a new account he asked for forgiveness and I believe he deserves it. You may be thinking to yourselves that the traders he got banned never had a second chance, but it isn't hard to figure out that they will find there way back into the tracker that doesn't want them one way or another, and at least find solace in the face that although bumrocks has the means to circumvent this he doesn't and is upfront about it. Maybe if those traders truly regretted their actions and changed for the better they would be given a second chance as well, maybe they wouldn't, but it's not like bumrocks has a whole lot to gain from having his privileges re-enabled.

Anyways, that's my opinion...

1000possibleclaws
11-01-2009, 10:45 PM
Forgive and forget. Besides, if he didn't do it, someone else would have. Rather than just change his IP and make a new account he asked for forgiveness and I believe he deserves it. You may be thinking to yourselves that the traders he got banned never had a second chance, but it isn't hard to figure out that they will find there way back into the tracker that doesn't want them one way or another, and at least find solace in the face that although bumrocks has the means to circumvent this he doesn't and is upfront about it. Maybe if those traders truly regretted their actions and changed for the better they would be given a second chance as well, maybe they wouldn't, but it's not like bumrocks has a whole lot to gain from having his privileges re-enabled.

If he has his privs re-instated he could use pms to continue sending links to traders, to get their ip addresses. I don't see why he needs pm's back to keep posting. Dunson was fine with his dp, he kept posting his opinions regardless. :ermm:

I mean if Bumrocks was active while he was DP'ed then maybe I can see why he thinks its time to have them removed. But nothing is stopping him from participating here as is.

Night0wl
11-01-2009, 10:59 PM
In my mind people can be bad, but there is no worse type of character than the mole, rat, narc, spy or otherwise deceptionist.

deadalive1
11-01-2009, 11:18 PM
In my mind people can be bad, but there is no worse type of character than the mole, rat, narc, spy or otherwise deceptionist.
A trader uses deception as well, after all they are NOT on a tracker using THEIR account but the person who they traded with to get on said tracker. It's funny how some see it one way and use it to defend when it equally applies the other way too.

Cabalo
11-01-2009, 11:25 PM
He showed little mercy on traders, as rules dis-respecters, why would he want to be the exception?

Just like traders, he actively, knowingly, broke this site's rules. For his own personal benefit. Like TSOL said, he can still make a positive participation on this community, even without PMs. It's not like he has a disabled account, as I already saw someone defending he should have, at this very own thread.

Night0wl
11-01-2009, 11:56 PM
A trader uses deception as well, after all they are NOT on a tracker using THEIR account but the person who they traded with to get on said tracker. It's funny how some see it one way and use it to defend when it equally applies the other way too.

A trader used deception, but hides. A mole tries to gather info for the sole reason of getting others in trouble.

In a real life situation, I would much rather have a straight up trader watching my back, rather than some kissass I'll never know when or where will turn on me. And don't say this isn't real life. I'm talking about the character of a person.

@cabalo

I believe people can change for the better. And odds are he'll come to his senses.

BobFromAccounting
11-02-2009, 12:26 AM

If he has his privs re-instated he could use pms to continue sending links to traders, to get their ip addresses. I don't see why he needs pm's back to keep posting. Dunson was fine with his dp, he kept posting his opinions regardless. :ermm:

I mean if Bumrocks was active while he was DP'ed then maybe I can see why he thinks its time to have them removed. But nothing is stopping him from participating here as is.

And he couldn't do this, in a much easier, effective, and anonymous way with a new account he makes and lets sit for 30 days? He's obviously a marked man, at this point gathering IPs with that account would be stupid at best.

Quit frankly, I don't know the circumstances behind him wishing to have his PM rights re-enabled, but sometimes people wish to communicate with others in private, and maybe there's no other means for him to contact said person than this site? I really don't know, but there are numerous possibilities.

IdolEyes787
11-02-2009, 12:27 AM

If you want to talk about only seeing it one way I'll vote for letting bumrocks have his privileges back if you can get one of the trackers that you are associated with let one person back in who knowingly broke one of their most fundamental rules.

It that doesn't sound fair then just let me give out your IP to random people here and that will do.

Cabalo
11-02-2009, 12:28 AM
I've never said I consider him as a bad person, quite the opposite. We're just talking about following the rules, something he hated the ones who didn't, when at the same time he wasn't following someone else's rules.
I also don't consider a trader or, even worse, an anti-trader, as bad people either. They're just choosing their path, one breaking rules, the other ass kissing.

sez
11-02-2009, 12:28 AM
I don't like the idea of people cashing in on piracy(just look at how fort knox turned out) and of course I don't feel comfortable around people who don't have respect for privacy.

I know FST mods to be extremely reasonable and it kinda beats me when not only one but the trinity as a whole is against you.That if anything discredits your appeal 10x more.

IdolEyes787
11-02-2009, 12:32 AM
And he couldn't do this, in a much easier, effective, and anonymous way with a new account he makes and lets sit for 30 days?

Probably because everyone has lines that they aren't willing to cross.
Just because bumrocks felt it was OK to do what he did doesn't mean he considers what you're suggesting to be acceptable.

puckface
11-02-2009, 12:36 AM
I used to hunt traders at this forum

So in short, youre a jackass?

Also, I don't see what this poll has to do with BT in general. In fact it has nothing to do with it, I thought this was a BT board.

1000possibleclaws
11-02-2009, 12:44 AM
I know FST mods to be extremely reasonable and it kinda beats me when not only one but the trinity as a whole is against you.That if anything discredits your appeal 10x more.

Sometimes I play devil's advocate, and this is the case right now. I'm fine with whatever the community as a whole wants. If it's a 50-50 vote or something even remotely close then obviously I would side against due to the fact that alot of people do not want the trader hunter to get pms back. If the community fully wants his account to get fully re-instated then I'd support that.

puckface
11-02-2009, 12:50 AM

Sometimes I play devil's advocate, and this is the case right now. I'm fine with whatever the community as a whole wants. If it's a 50-50 vote or something even remotely close then obviously I would side against due to the fact that alot of people do not want the trader hunter to get pms back. If the community fully wants his account to get fully re-instated then I'd support that.

Why even have mods then? Why doesnt everyone just vote on everything that happens here?

Dont like someone? Start a poll to ban them. Want to change a section of the forums? Start a poll to get it done.

Ridiculous.

Bad-Day
11-02-2009, 01:11 AM
another kid, whit no girlfriend, who spent too much time, on line "hunting" llllllollllll hunting traders, instead off doing something productive for the society.
Why does he want the privs back ? i might have missed something, aint cfs enough for you?

PlayeR
11-02-2009, 01:50 AM
someone wants cfs

me? i dont want it,man..im just curious and asking..dunno why you would come up with that..
sorry bumrocks for off-topic..this is the last time..

deadalive1
11-02-2009, 02:47 AM

If you want to talk about only seeing it one way I'll vote for letting bumrocks have his privileges back if you can get one of the trackers that you are associated with let one person back in who knowingly broke one of their most fundamental rules.

It that doesn't sound fair then just let me give out your IP to random people here and that will do.

How does me pointing out that the statement I quoted could be applied the same way in the opposite direction, have anything to do with the threat you made of handing out my IP address?

If you support trading that's your right to do so, my right is to believe as I see fit for myself.

And on your question, when Person A gets into a tracker they agree to rules of said tracker. When Person A then proceeds to ignore said rules and then trades that account to Person B, they violated said rules of the tracker.
Now, when Persons A + B do it on a forum that condones it, but then gets pissed off when someone hunts said traders because according to their rules it's ok to trade yet NOT ok to have said traders be hunted (in essence protecting them), we know which group is preferred.

If the staff here decides someone doesn't get a second chance because of violation of THEIR rules then that is their right to do so, as it is for the staff who have accounts traded of their trackers.

I actually know a few people who have gone that route and had their accounts enabled again, whether it be because of a second chance or a change of heart on the account holders end, so it DOES happen albeit not frequently.

I, personally haven't hunted anyone here, I know better as I know how protected they are here. Hell, that's mostly the reason why FST lost a shitload of Reps from trackers here and along with it's credibility.

Not at anytime did I threaten you or even was I talking to you, yet you felt the need to cleverly word a threat about my IP address, and yes it was a threat no matter how you may of worded it...

Night0wl
11-02-2009, 04:37 AM
I bet every single other user on here understood exactly what idol meant with that IP remark.

IdolEyes787
11-02-2009, 04:39 AM

How does me pointing out that the statement I quoted could be applied the same way in the opposite direction, have anything to do with the threat you made of handing out my IP address?

If you support trading that's your right to do so, my right is to believe as I see fit for myself.

And on your question, when Person A gets into a tracker they agree to rules of said tracker. When Person A then proceeds to ignore said rules and then trades that account to Person B, they violated said rules of the tracker.
Now, when Persons A + B do it on a forum that condones it, but then gets pissed off when someone hunts said traders because according to their rules it's ok to trade yet NOT ok to have said traders be hunted (in essence protecting them), we know which group is preferred.

If the staff here decides someone doesn't get a second chance because of violation of THEIR rules then that is their right to do so, as it is for the staff who have accounts traded of their trackers.

I actually know a few people who have gone that route and had their accounts enabled again, whether it be because of a second chance or a change of heart on the account holders end, so it DOES happen albeit not frequently.

I, personally haven't hunted anyone here, I know better as I know how protected they are here. Hell, that's mostly the reason why FST lost a shitload of Reps from trackers here and along with it's credibility.

Not at anytime did I threaten you or even was I talking to you, yet you felt the need to cleverly word a threat about my IP address, and yes it was a threat no matter how you may of worded it...
I was trying to make the point that giving out IPs to anyone is wrong.I don't know how I could have possibly taken it any other way.Even if you misconstrued the intent entirely I can't see how you could misss that I said let me give out your IP address as in give me permission. How is that perceived a threat?
Let me take your coat.No.OK fine then keep it.I don't know how I could have been any clearer.

As for supporting trading I'd like you to find one instance of word or deed to support that statement.
Yeah I mod here and there are traders but their are also anti-traders and I don't see anyone saying that by my presence here I am implicitly supporting them.
What as silly statement.Maybe now since there are silly people here I will be labeled a siily supporter.

"And on your question, when Person A gets into a tracker forum they agree to rules of said tracker forum. When Person A then proceeds to ignore said rules and then trades that account to Person B phishes IPs , they violated said rules of the tracker forum.

If the staff here decides someone doesn't get a second chance because of violation of THEIR rules then that is their right to do so".

I don't protect traders I protect an individuals right to privacy trader non-trader,anti-trader,silly person or any name you make up and feel obliged to label someone with.

Christ if you are going to try and crucify me at least do me the courtesy of making a little sense.

I bet every single other user on here understood exactly what idol meant with that IP remark.

He understood it perfectly well .It just didn't fit his agenda.

Bad-Day
11-02-2009, 09:03 AM
someone wants cfs

me? i dont want it,man..im just curious and asking..dunno why you would come up with that..
sorry bumrocks for off-topic..this is the last time..

not u;)

pretend
11-02-2009, 10:16 AM
lol: that was fast) sorry for oftopic, don't mind this post

ghurka
11-02-2009, 12:31 PM
It doesn't seem that we know the exact circumstances of what went on here - was this done for a specific site and were only certain traders targeted?

There are some traders here who seem to flaunt the trading in the faces of the tracker staff and trading to them seems to be purely for the buzz....sort of "catch me if you can". Personally I don't see anything wrong with getting rid of that type of scum out of the trackers and if it means resorting to underhand tactics then that's how it has to be.

On the other hand if its just a case of catching a trader, any trader, even one doing it for the first time, then that is a different story. Big fish yes....little fish no.

Sometimes the end justifies the means.

Maybe bumrocks could expand a little more on what went on and as far as the DPs go if it is simply to get back pm privileges and not for the purpose of accessing the trade section then I don't see anything wrong with that.

Idol - is there an actual rule here about baiting traders or is it simply an unwritten rule? Not that I'm going to go dangling my rod out there.

Patriot foreve
11-02-2009, 12:34 PM
Taste what you have made,you caused harm to alot others in here ,if you can undo what you have done to those members then perhaps they could forgive you

IdolEyes787
11-02-2009, 01:48 PM
Idol - is there an actual rule here about baiting traders or is it simply an unwritten rule? Not that I'm going to go dangling my rod out there.

The only rules are the rules that you see listed.I believe baiting would fall under the scamming part ,the irony of which is not lost on me.
Just my interpretation of course .

Funkin'
11-02-2009, 03:42 PM
Is it possible to give him pm's back but not access to the trade section? If so, then I think that would ease any suspicions people may have of him going right back to this behavior.

BobFromAccounting
11-02-2009, 03:45 PM

The only rules are the rules that you see listed.I believe baiting would fall under the scamming part ,the irony of which is not lost on me.
Just my interpretation of course .

Not to be a dick or anything, but where is this stated in the board rules?

Maybe I'm missing something, but there's absolutely nothing regarding this that I can see in them. The only thing even close is the advertising or soliciting for commercial gain, but this wasn't for commercial gain, and soliciting invites, which this wasn't either.

I always just figured it was, as ghurka said, an unwritten rule.

Edit: Never mind, it somewhat delves into it in the stickies, but fails to mention it in the rules we agree to when signing up.

bumrocks
11-02-2009, 04:12 PM
For the record...I have no interest in having access to the trade section. Giveaways possibly since I do like, and am able, to help people.

dvdasacd
11-02-2009, 05:37 PM
I like you bumrocks, always have. When it is required, you make thoughtful, logical and reasonable posts and that alone is a rare and to be desired thing in the bt world :) - it's indicative of ones maturity and at the same time rules out other character traits which are not to be desired ;).

Bad-Day
11-02-2009, 05:53 PM
So kind off you :D

chow_mein
11-02-2009, 06:03 PM
For the record...I have no interest in having access to the trade section. Giveaways possibly since I do like, and am able, to help people.

so your against trading cause its breaks site rules, yet you willing to break them by doing giveaways? :lol:

lets hope you get reported, should you do any :P

babab007
11-02-2009, 06:15 PM
well, whatever interaction i have had with this guy, has been really nice..
he has helped me out a lot selflessly, without expecting anything in return. So yeah +1 from me :)
I dont even know what disabled privs are, i thought it stood for disabled user or sumthin , whatever....

PS::
You are almost as old as my dad. Dont you have other bigger issues. LOL
Retirement even!! :P jokin.
Hit me up on any IRC for a friendly banter. :D

TrollinThunder
11-02-2009, 06:44 PM
I believe in second chances. I'd be interested to read of your adventures hunting traders. How many heads do you have on the wall? What was your favorite weapon? Etc.

bumrocks
11-02-2009, 07:06 PM

so your against trading cause its breaks site rules, yet you willing to break them by doing giveaways? :lol:

You will not find one giveaway here that I have done...Or anywhere for that matter...Seedhours at TTi are the extent of my past giveaways.

Magnum
11-02-2009, 07:11 PM

You will not find one giveaway here that I have done...Or anywhere for that matter...Seedhours at TTi are the extent of my past giveaways.
Let him, not worth bro :ermm:

TrollinThunder
11-02-2009, 07:18 PM

Except for those giveaways you describe as PTN authorized recruitment.

ovisan
11-02-2009, 07:27 PM
I voted No.

About the trader's hunting here at FST: as you might recall, we had a conversation about this one at castfromsociety.com (notice as I didn't censor the link, as we both have the same mutual respect), and I was taught by you how the process works to link catch a trader. And you might recall that when I caught the first and only one, sometime later I went there and removed all data, and I explained I couldn't do such a thing to FST, a place I like and respect for what it does. It's still written there, as a witness to all this.

But yet, you proceeded.

You hang with some of the worst scum in the BT playground, as one day when you stop to look at it through a 3rd perspective you'll realize. you are their friend, and you stood by their side no matter the issue, forgetting some of the primordial principles of the definition of a community.
You betrayed this forum, its members, its staff, and your friends here. You did it because you want to please someone, who are a cancer. And FST was just some means to you.

Ya avin a bobble innit?

How about when you publicly accused me of scamming here at fst? In fact you unleashed your dog on me so you keep your hands clean. What a load of gash.

About bumroks: I really like you mate and you are doing a good job but I had to vote NO cause in life is not only what you are doing but how you are doing it.
tara

BobFromAccounting
11-02-2009, 07:30 PM

Recruitment != random user giving out invites.

TrollinThunder
11-02-2009, 07:41 PM
It's all the same.

hicham1olf
11-02-2009, 07:48 PM
it's fair

BobFromAccounting
11-02-2009, 07:50 PM
It's all the same.

To each their own, but there is still a fundamental difference.

TrollinThunder
11-02-2009, 08:00 PM
If the qualification of "random" in your post is the essence of the difference, then you're missing the point.

Giveaways/recruitments are open to whoever is willing to take a couple of screenshots and upload them to an imagehost. Run a speedtest. Answer a few questions maybe.

The difference in who is giving is not important except in the case where a site is actively seeking to stop public giveaways. So it only matters when someone like the OP is out there hunting and reporting the giveaway. It doesn't matter generally who gives the invite because they are already a member. Sure, an authorized giveaway has the express confidence of the staff, but it's who is receiving the invite that matters. It's the random user who receives the invite that is the problem.

I've signed up at so many sites through giveaways, recruitments, irc interviews, http application forms, even trades and friendly trades. I know from experience that those recruitment efforts are hardly more secure than the random user giving out invites because I've never been denied...

BobFromAccounting
11-02-2009, 08:24 PM
If the qualification of "random" in your post is the essence of the difference, then you're missing the point.

Giveaways/recruitments are open to whoever is willing to take a couple of screenshots and upload them to an imagehost. Run a speedtest. Answer a few questions maybe.

The difference in who is giving is not important except in the case where a site is actively seeking to stop public giveaways. So it only matters when someone like the OP is out there hunting and reporting the giveaway. It doesn't matter generally who gives the invite because they are already a member. Sure, an authorized giveaway has the express confidence of the staff, but it's who is receiving the invite that matters. It's the random user who receives the invite that is the problem.

I've signed up at so many sites through giveaways, recruitments, irc interviews, http application forms, even trades and friendly trades. I know from experience that those recruitment efforts are hardly more secure than the random user giving out invites because I've never been denied...

I'm not talking about who receives the invitation, I'm talking about who's offering them and under what pretenses.

chow_mein's reply was that bumrocks was breaking tracker rules via his "giveaways", at which point bumrocks pointed out he never did any actual "giveaways", he has only done recruitment. That was the point I was mainly arguing, that he wasn't breaking any rules due to the fact that it was an authorized recruitment thread, and that an authorized recruitment thread cannot and should not be misinterpreted as a "public giveaway" and is in fact not breaking said rules.

TrollinThunder
11-02-2009, 08:34 PM
Arguments evolve. Just troll with the punches.

puckface
11-02-2009, 09:18 PM
I believe in second chances. I'd be interested to read of your adventures hunting traders. How many heads do you have on the wall? What was your favorite weapon? Etc.

I wonder if he gave a second chance to the traders he "hunted", maybe once that is answered we can move on.

Intr4ns1t
11-02-2009, 09:36 PM

Which he was asked to do by me. I asked him to do the recruitment here because I trust his judgment to actually check on the individuals he invites, and he has a high success rate regarding his invitees to PtN. Truth be told, I would have him do it again if he had the ability and the inclination.

I can understand the point being raised about the ideal of not sneaking around, but, I see it as a fight fire with fire type deal. To be clear, I have never asked someone to hunt anyone anywhere, but it is true that I have never discouraged it either. And YES, I have given ex-traders the opportunity to demonstrate their changed viewpoint on how to get into trackers.

I voted yes, as I have always considered bumrocks both level headed and in possession of good judgment as I stated before. If he says he has no intention of hunting traders, he won't.