PDA

View Full Version : xvid r5 pretimes

taco2
11-02-2009, 12:46 AM
Heey I know I've find a list somewhere here I think. The list explains all the bit torrent statements like what does r5 means xvid pretimes hit and run and so on. But I cannot find the link for it so does anyone knows it :)?

b3owulf
11-02-2009, 05:18 AM
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/R5_%28bootleg%29

DanielleD87
11-02-2009, 09:22 AM
Every bit of vocab you do not know then ask google or wikipedia or a friend. Creating a list of vocabulary is kinda lame. Just learn as you go...

But so you know:
r5 is region five retail aka retail dvd for russia, africa, and a couple of other countries. They do not have english so only the video quality in an r5 is guaranteed to be awesome while the audio quality varies based on the source they dubbed from.
xvid is the name of a compression codec. If you're unsure how to play video files either: 1) download vlc and use that as your media player or 2) download cccp (combined community codec pack) and install it.
pretime is the second it first hit the net. If the pretime is 35 seconds then it literally first was available for download on the entire internet 35 seconds ago.
hit and run means download and not seeding back. usually you want to to seed back 24/7 for a minimum of a week after downloading or you could get banned. Seed longer if your ratio isn't above 1.0

taco2
11-02-2009, 02:41 PM
Look I know what all those things means, or well most of them, but it's just better for me just to have a .docx file with all the drawbacks withc I know exist. Anyway never mind :)

babab007
11-02-2009, 06:36 PM
its all over wikipedia.. :D

TrollinThunder
11-02-2009, 06:46 PM
Xvids = fuzzy
R5s = ruskie
pretimes = quickie
hit and run = newsgroups