PDA

View Full Version : Just wanted to vent

instantreplay
11-02-2009, 11:00 PM
I was recently banned from TL as they wrongly accused me of cheating. I honestly didn't. No point of me lying here. I valued my account and had always maintained a healthy ratio so not only was there no need to cheat but I wouldn't even know how to if I wanted to. What REALLY stinks though is that they won't even give me a chance to defend myself. Banned, just like that, based on their slightest (and erroneous) suspicion.

There is really no point to this post as I don't expect to get my account back. Just wanted to vent my frustration and maybe some admins see this and won't be so hasty in their decision to ban otherwise honest users.

Thanks for reading.

ca_aok
11-02-2009, 11:28 PM
QQ more? Staff don't just randomly ban people for cheating without proof. People come here and whine time and time again, and then invariably a staff member comes along and tells us exactly how you cheated.

TP635
11-02-2009, 11:32 PM
There is really no point to this post .... ...because you use a dupe account here?

Tokeman
11-02-2009, 11:35 PM
TL is no different then other sites, in that, if they suspect you, they usually don't want to debate their decision. Best to move on if they won't listen, because you can't force some one to listen, and most of us here either can't do anything for ya, or don't care.

Life is rarely fair.

Good luck finding another site though ;)

pone44
11-03-2009, 12:13 AM
Why not try IRC instead of making a account here just to post this? Or did you try IRC?

I was recently banned from TL as they wrongly accused me of cheating. I honestly didn't. No point of me lying here. I valued my account and had always maintained a healthy ratio so not only was there no need to cheat but I wouldn't even know how to if I wanted to. What REALLY stinks though is that they won't even give me a chance to defend myself. Banned, just like that, based on their slightest (and erroneous) suspicion.

There is really no point to this post as I don't expect to get my account back. Just wanted to vent my frustration and maybe some admins see this and won't be so hasty in their decision to ban otherwise honest users.

Thanks for reading.

instantreplay
11-03-2009, 12:20 AM
QQ more? Staff don't just randomly ban people for cheating without proof. People come here and whine time and time again, and then invariably a staff member comes along and tells us exactly how you cheated.

I don't believe they randomly go about banning people but that's not to say they were never wrong. Their suspicion is just that, a suspicion...and in this case they were wrong. Again, my intention isn't to bad mouth anyone nor am I looking to get my account back, so no point in me lying about it. If I cheated, then I deserve what I got. But I didn't. I wasn't given a chance to defend myself so this is just my small little way of venting my frustration...that is it.

There is really no point to this post .... ...because you use a dupe account here?

dupe account? no, first time posting here.

TL is no different then other sites, in that, if they suspect you, they usually don't want to debate their decision. Best to move on if they won't listen, because you can't force some one to listen, and most of us here either can't do anything for ya, or don't care.

Life is rarely fair.

Good luck finding another site though ;)

Thanks. Yeah it is what it is and I'm okay with losing my account. It's just about being wrongly accused and not being able to defend myself that makes me feel helpless and hence this admittedly pointless post to voice my frustration. Nothing more.

kostnkost
11-03-2009, 12:21 AM
Of course there is no point in lying here as you are a well known member of FST and an upstanding citizen:w00t:

instantreplay
11-03-2009, 12:21 AM
[QUOTE=pone44;3322406]Why not try IRC instead of making a account here just to post this? Or did you try IRC?

I did but they won't even listen and booted me off.

Cabalo
11-03-2009, 12:24 AM
If you had used your original FST account, I could be willing to believe you.
As you didn't...

instantreplay
11-03-2009, 12:36 AM
Of course there is no point in lying here as you are a well known member of FST and an upstanding citizen:w00t:

If you had used your original FST account, I could be willing to believe you.
As you didn't...

Sorry but why is everyone thinking I'm a member on FST? Will it make a difference if I say I'm not? Anyway, it's quite ironic that I made a mindless post about false accusations only to be accused of something else. But think what you want guys as there's no way for me to prove otherwise.

BobFromAccounting
11-03-2009, 01:51 AM

Regarding staff banning people for cheating without proof, you'd be surprised how often it happens, especially in regards to TL. I have personally, and have two friends, that have been disabled there for using a dedicated server to seed from, despite the fact (At least in my case) notifying them beforehand of by server's IP address. When seeking help in their IRC channel those I encountered were douche bags in general, and after being told to go screw myself I was persistent enough to get in contact with the banning staff member, and I was told despite the fact the IP in the swarm was that of the leaseweb server I gave them the IP of weeks earlier, I was disabled because there was no possible way for me to seed at those speeds from my home connection. No shit sherlock. Anyways, after jumping through some hoops I managed to get my account re-enabled, but I haven't downloaded or uploaded anything since. Quite frankly that experience left me with a sour taste in my mouth in regards to TL.

And what I said has nothing to do with the OP, maybe the ban was legit, just saying it's not uncommon for this to happen from my experience.

Benjamin
11-03-2009, 05:49 AM
I can say I've seen a trusted member wrongly accused of cheating at TL, he was re-enabled with no explanation. Looks like there is something wrong with their system. Doesn't mean this guy is innocent though.

LOL

Funkin'
11-03-2009, 09:54 AM
Become a member at IPT and move on.