PDA

View Full Version : What possible reason...

j2k4
11-09-2009, 10:57 PM
...could he have for giving this a miss?

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2009/11/08/obama-draws-criticism-sitting-berlin-wall-anniversary/

Even if he has a grudge against the Reagan legacy for helping end the Cold War, or he is lamenting the death of Soviet communism, this demonstrates a stunning lack of political acumen and a tremendous insensitivity to popular European sentiment.

100%
11-09-2009, 11:05 PM
Everyday there are international celebrations of some sorts.
Was the russian pm there?
It would have been a nice extra if he had.
Stop watching fox news.

clocker
11-09-2009, 11:18 PM
Even if he has a grudge against the Reagan legacy for helping end the Cold War,
So you think Reagan had anything to do with the fall of Communism?
That's just adorable.

devilsadvocate
11-10-2009, 01:13 AM
I'm sure if he went those same "some" referenced in the article would be saying his ego is making him go because he believes he is responsible for it.

BTW. Is the article "news reporting" or "opinion"?

Rart
11-10-2009, 04:07 AM
He plans to travel to Oslo next month to accept the Nobel Peace Prize, an award that even Obama has said he does not deserve.

Never knew that :blink:

BTW. Is the article "news reporting" or "opinion"?

Its "We Report. You decide." Duh.

:rolleyes:

Skiz
11-10-2009, 04:07 AM
Damned if you do; damned if you don't.

He gets criticized for not going but he would have been criticized just the same had he actually gone over there. I'm fine with his decision to sit this one out. Saves us a fuckload of money in his traveling expenses and hopefully he's concentrating on Afghanistan and reaching a decision sometime...anytime....

And maybe trying to find health care legislation that more than 50%+/- of the country wants as well. I think the huge swing in voting trends in NJ and VA shows that people are not confident in this White House at all.

clocker
11-10-2009, 12:14 PM
I think the huge swing in voting trends in NJ and VA shows that people are not confident in this White House at all.
And how do you reconcile the NY 23rd district vote with these other two then?

j2k4
11-11-2009, 01:18 AM
Even if he has a grudge against the Reagan legacy for helping end the Cold War,
That's just adorable.

So you don't?

That puts you in the minority.

I think the huge swing in voting trends in NJ and VA shows that people are not confident in this White House at all.

How do you square the voting trends in New Jersey and Virginia with the Obama "revolution"?

I'll take the two gubernatorial wins - you can have the lousy 23rd district.

If SHITHEAD's "public health" option ever sees the light of day, it won't be worth a puddle of warm piss, and everyone will know it.

Btw-

I didn't see anything resembling an answer to my question in either of your posts.

Perhaps you forgot.

clocker
11-11-2009, 01:46 AM
That's just adorable.

So you don't?

That puts you in the minority.
Maybe the "minority" of right wing thinkers but hardly the minority of people in general.
Only in America is Reagan considered to be much more than than a semi-senile buffoon.

How do you square the voting trends in New Jersey and Virginia with the Obama "revolution"?

I'll take the two gubernatorial wins - you can have the lousy 23rd district.
You're going to "take" whatever you like.
The political landscape is so screwed up right now I can't see there's much sense to be made of any of this.

I didn't see anything resembling an answer to my question in either of your posts.

Perhaps you forgot.
I think it's hilarious that you now trot out "insensitivity to popular European sentiment" as a failing in a President.
For eight years Bush completely ignored not just European but everyone's sensitivities, and that was fine by you.
More recently, "European sensitivity" bestowed the Nobel Peace Prize on Obama and you were incensed.
Now you suddenly give a shit what Europeans think and feel?
Please.

I think Skiz got it right...you would have been equally as pissy had Obama gone to Europe for this as you are that he didn't.
Since you've consistently demonstrated that in your mind Obama can do no right, all your criticism becomes merely Fox level whining.

j2k4
11-11-2009, 11:26 PM

I think Skiz got it right...

Saul Alinsky would be so proud of me.

clocker
11-12-2009, 02:03 AM
Saul Alinsky would be so proud of me.
So would Sean Hannity...he's fond of stitching together out of context quotes- and even video clips- to justify his nonsense.
Way to go.

j2k4
11-12-2009, 10:40 AM
Just having some fun before it too is taxed out of existence.

Boy, you libs sure get tight-assed when your boy fucks up.

clocker
11-12-2009, 12:25 PM
Learned it from you.

j2k4
11-12-2009, 08:53 PM
I note the honesty of your admission, even though my empathy is limited.

Btw-

Do you think Obama's...um...agenda, let's call it - is small business-friendly?

clocker
11-12-2009, 10:01 PM
I don't think the gawdawful financial mess left by the repubs left Obama with the luxury of having such a directed "agenda".
He's had to deal with major systemic failures, the correction of which may harm any size business in the short term but are necessary for long term stability.

Do I think that in the philosophical sense Obama dislikes small business, no.

j2k4
11-12-2009, 10:48 PM
So Obama's strategy so far is spot-on?

clocker
11-12-2009, 11:52 PM
No, I would say that so far it's been terrible.

j2k4
11-13-2009, 01:01 AM
I would agree.

I just found out my federal unemployment tax has risen.

Retroactively, to boot.