PDA

View Full Version : @bitspyder

amashinga
11-10-2009, 05:40 AM
I am taking a flyer that maybe the mods from BS swing by here.

Why the Ban ?. I tried posting on the help forum, as per your FAQ but no mods responded. I went to IRC, but no mods responded. All of the details were in the thread marked "freeleech", but in case it was auto deleted with the ban, here are the cliff notes:

I downloaded a 10gig torrent that was titled freeleech. It turns out it was not actually freeleech. I take ownership of that mistake, always have, I should have taken more careful note.

I was in 10gigs in debt, so I started selecting high demand torrents frantically. I hit 4 downs and received a warning for hit & runs even though the torrents were still seeding and my ratio was creeping up.

I started finding alternative material to up, both off other trackers and from original content I have. I got a further 4 uploaded and had 2 encoding from dvd to xvid for upload tonight.

As soon as I had no leechers on my torrents I got hit with a ban which I don't understand.

Is it because my ratio was still not high enough, even though it was climbing.
Is it because I was seeding from both a home PC and a seedbox ?
Is it because I posted requesting some grace on the deadline since I did not know if I could recover 10 gigs in time ?

I hope I get a response

Tks
'Mash :cry:

james99
11-10-2009, 05:59 AM
good luck mate, really sucks to have that happen when you're trying to do all you can to fix the problem

megabyteme
11-10-2009, 08:00 AM
It sounds like you were trying. I wish you luck in getting this resolved. :)

Glitterstep
11-10-2009, 08:01 AM
All of the details were in the thread marked "freeleech",
I downloaded a 10gig torrent that was titled freeleech. It turns out it was not actually freeleech. I take ownership of that mistake, always have, I should have taken more careful note.

Bitspyder doesn't have any freeleech torrents.

I was in 10gigs in debt, so I started selecting high demand torrents frantically. I hit 4 downs and received a warning for hit & runs even though the torrents were still seeding and my ratio was creeping up.

:ermm:...u could have spoken to the mod about this and you should have just continued to seed that file.

Is it because my ratio was still not high enough, even though it was climbing.
:noes:

Is it because I was seeding from both a home PC and a seedbox ?

Is it because I posted requesting some grace on the deadline since I did not know if I could recover 10 gigs in time ?

I suggest you go and have a word with rakesh.Rakesh is pretty cool guy.

amashinga
11-10-2009, 03:44 PM
Bitspyder doesn't have any freeleech torrents.

Agree, this is something I learnt the hard way. They do not have freeleech torrents, but they do have torrents with FreeLeech at the end of title.

.u could have spoken to the mod about this and you should have just continued to seed that file.

Thats exactly what I said I did ????
I continued to seed that file !.
I downloaded and seeded three others.
I uploaded four of my own and had others on the cooker.
I posted for help in the "help" forum, which is exactly what the FAQ said I should do if I need to reach a mod

I suggest you go and have a word with rakesh.Rakesh is pretty cool guy.

Thats what I have been trying to do, but I am kinda running out of options. If you are a member of BS and know him, please do me a huge favor and ask him to drop by here, or read my thread which should still be in the help forum. I will keep trying until tonight, if I still don't get hold of anyone I will move on.

Glitterstep
11-10-2009, 04:05 PM
Thats what I have been trying to do, but I am kinda running out of options. If you are a member of BS and know him, please do me a huge favor and ask him to drop by here, or read my thread which should still be in the help forum. I will keep trying until tonight, if I still don't get hold of anyone I will move on.

Try the BS irc

amashinga
11-10-2009, 04:49 PM

Try the BS irc

done, done, done and done

nutcr0cker
11-11-2009, 06:27 PM
Good luck mate. I hope everything works out for you fine. I recently joined BS. I downloaded a 256mb file that no one wanted to download off me. I was in a dire strait. But the leech fest saved me too. So talk to the mods and explain the situation and wait for the next leechfest and it should help to boost your ratio.

amashinga
11-13-2009, 03:44 AM
Thanks mate, but that's dun I think. I sat on irc for two full evenings, got to speak to one mod who confirmed why I was banned and said I had to speak to another mod who I never managed to get to respond, so c'est la vie.

By the time everything was said and done, I managed to recover over 6 gig in 3 days, which on BS is pretty good with a 4 torrent limit. That gave me a 5.1 ratio, and it needed to be 6. I would have had it in another 4 hours, but they cut me off. I was pretty pissed at the inflexibility, but its their tracker and their rules, so I have to suck it up and move on. Elbitz is open for a couple of days, and I have a request out for bitme, so maybe that will work out.

As long as everyone realizes that this was just a dumb mistake, I have posted 4 very good proofs, I should get an invite to bitme in time.