PDA

View Full Version : Audio Codecs

toddiscool
10-10-2003, 10:14 AM
So I am trying to convert the t3.avi into MPG. picture is coming out grea, but no sound. So I extrated the audio into a .wav with vdub, it would not let me save it as a decompressed (no decoder could be found, this is the problem I beleive). Anywasy extracted direct stream, plays fine and everything. Converted to mp2, no sound at all. SO I am guessing that I need a decompressor of sorts but I am not sure what I need. Here is what g-spot has to say about the audio in the source .avi.

Codec: c3 (0x2000) Dolby Laboratories, Inc
Says that i have 3 compatible codecs: AC3filter, cyberlink audio decoder, nero digital audio decoder. But apparently none of these can decode the audio properly. Does anyone know what I need to decompress this source.

as a side bar, does anyone know how this dvd rip came about, seem afully soon. I was thinking that this one would be highly protected.

VB
10-10-2003, 12:10 PM
Do you hear sound when you play the .avi? If so, the audio decoders work fine.

I suggest you try VirtualDubMod, because that has better audio support.

http://www.doom9.net

ck-uk
10-10-2003, 12:24 PM
Mate u could also tri this. :D

http://www.klboard.ath.cx/index.php?showtopic=72681

toddiscool
10-10-2003, 05:29 PM
Yeah the file plays just fine as an avi. I have direct show up at 3 3 think Ck, and whate GRE mentioned to do is exactly what I did.

I will give the vdub mod a go, and see if that will uncompress it thanks.

As a PS. I also tried to convert the audio from .wav to mp2 using beesweet. I had found myself a pretty good guide on how to use it, but it would not go wither but coulda been me doing something wrong.

Nora73
10-10-2003, 05:35 PM
I hope somebody sees my question!

Where can I find codec for .rm ?????

I just downloaded a video by Nightwish, but Windows Media Player doesn't know this one, I'm having also trouble finding it from net. :(

ck-uk
10-10-2003, 05:40 PM
Originally posted by Nora73@10 October 2003 - 17:35
I hope somebody sees my question!

Where can I find codec for .rm ?????

I just downloaded a video by Nightwish, but Windows Media Player doesn't know this one, I'm having also trouble finding it from net. :(
I hear theres a new codec pack on the horizon,that should able u to play it mate.Ask paul he may know the name of it. :D

toddiscool
10-10-2003, 07:00 PM
Nevermind after some more fighting with beesweet i got the .wav into a mP2. Good little program that one is. I could not figure out how to do anything to do the audio with the vdub mod? Could not even find how to extract it.

cwctv
10-10-2003, 07:50 PM
Codec: c3 (0x2000) Dolby Laboratories, Inc
Says that i have 3 compatible codecs: AC3filter, cyberlink audio decoder, nero digital audio decoder. But apparently none of these can decode the audio properly. Does anyone know what I need to decompress this source.

Is it in AC3 then it so VirtualDub is no good I had to get Avi2Vcd which as a compressor built in to do AC3's worked well too then saved as a 2 channel sound.

Nora73
10-10-2003, 11:24 PM
Paul helped me and solved my problem about the rt :D

I got Real Alternative witch had the RealText (.rt) codec in it so now my mother (age 50) can watch Nightwish video.

Thanks for answers :lol:

ck-uk
10-11-2003, 07:01 AM
Originally posted by toddiscool@10 October 2003 - 19:00
Nevermind after some more fighting with beesweet i got the .wav into a mP2. Good little program that one is. I could not figure out how to do anything to do the audio with the vdub mod? Could not even find how to extract it.
Mate tri and find this virtualdubmod_1_4_13_2.I've used this one for a while mate never had a single problem.Mate to be honest i dont see the point when ppl extract the audio to a wav.Tempg should do the audio and video fine from the avi.The only changes i've made is that directshow filter to 1,you maybe have to go higher,and it reads vbr audio and a3c without a prob.The only problem i had was with div3,tmpge wouldnt read it "insupported" all the time...i had to install a codec to do the film i was doing,that never worked,so i change the the 4cc code to mp43..that was ok.In the end i realised i enabled the overlay extended mode in the divx 505 config.I disabled it,everything was fine again,tmpg read that movie through my original codec.Tri a few different settings and it u shouldnt have any prblems with tmpg. :D

Anthony
10-11-2003, 12:10 PM
I think i know what you need, a lot of movies i encoded came out with no sound. What you need to do (i think) is open up the film with virtualdub then click on the audio drop down menu and select full processing mode, then again in audio menu select conversion and make sure on the sampling rate you select 44100Hz then save as Wav. It may say you dont have an audio decompressor, you can get one here if thats the case

http://www.dvdrhelp.com/tools.php#Virtualdubtools

Let me know if it works :)