11-14-2009, 02:23 PM
Any reviews about customseedbox.com ?

-Speed ?
-Uptime?
-Support?
-Features?

Thelen
11-16-2009, 10:30 AM
I'm sure someone else will do a review, but if you had any questions shoot me a PM or email and I'll try help you out!

Cheers.

unoriginal
11-16-2009, 07:12 PM
There is also a ton of discussion about them here:

http://forums.whirlpool.net.au/forum-replies.cfm?t=1300442&p=10

I signed up for a Tiny seedbox. Will report back once Thelen gets it up and running.

anyguy
11-17-2009, 03:01 PM
Im with customseedbox and its great. For 17 dollars a month you get 100gb, rutorrent/rtorrent/ssh/http/ftp/sftp, and 1gbps.
Definitely recommend the "small" plan. I've been with customseedbox, and with feral hosting. Both are very good value

viper151
11-18-2009, 01:17 PM
They have no support at all by that price. They charge the support and re-install :/ That's a little bit lame :/

For 58$ AUD which is almost 37 Euros I can get from other providers dedicated with support and reinstall for free.
Especially seedplace and xirvik rock at this part.

anyguy
11-19-2009, 10:21 AM
the dedicated are abit expensive yeh, but the tiny/small/medium plans are all very good value

Thelen
11-22-2009, 02:28 PM
They have no support at all by that price. They charge the support and re-install :/ That's a little bit lame :/

For 58$ AUD which is almost 37 Euros I can get from other providers dedicated with support and reinstall for free.
Especially seedplace and xirvik rock at this part.

Not sure what you are talking about, you get all the support you need under the managed service plan, including all the re-install. Without paying the extra you can still get re-install for free, just its un-managed so you still do everything. I'm not sure where else you can get dedicated with support, I know all the big players and none of them offer support for 35 euros.

Xirvik is good but more expensive ($55USD+) and seedplace was 38 euro...

Anyhoo, if you never tried don't armchair comment, cos you don't know what you're talking about ;)

viper151
11-22-2009, 05:50 PM
I'm just repeating what I see

Please remember, dedicated servers are un-managed by default.

That means we cannot offer you application support. We provide you the box, and you're on your own.

If you would like a managed service, this can be organised for an additional $20/month, meaning we will provide full setup and support for your needs.
So for $54 AUD almost 34 Euros you get unmanaged servers.
54+20 For the support comes to 45 € It's almost 8 Euros more than xirvik and seedplace.
And big players like seedplace ,xirvik and seedhost.eu yeah they do offer support for free. Ask around. I've got 100 posts more than you do and definetely more experience from you in seedbox scene.
And as I can see reinstall isn't for free.

If setup is altered or broken by the customer using root access, further costs will be incurred should the customer wish to re-setup ($20/setup
Yeah they are the cheapest but It kind of reminds me out system .

Thelen
11-24-2009, 09:00 AM
54+20 For the support comes to 45 € It's almost 8 Euros more than xirvik and seedplace.
And big players like seedplace ,xirvik and seedhost.eu yeah they do offer support for free. Ask around. I've got 100 posts more than you do and definetely more experience from you in seedbox scene.

If setup is altered or broken by the customer using root access, further costs will be incurred should the customer wish to re-setup ($20/setup

Sure, if seedplace offer full support all hours with a fast response time, that's great :) I've asked around and read, people constantly complaining about slow response, taking 2 days just to get their frozen SSH dedicated rebooted. I'm sure they have lots of customers that are happy, but I've seen at least 5 cases of that, that's a lot!

Your number of posts means nothing, and "definetely" more experience? Lulz you can't even spell it right, and just cos I have 11 posts on FST doesn't mean I have't been in the seedbox game, LOL.

NFI what your last sentence means.. So kindly stop posting inaccurate and misinterpreted information...

Pocatello
11-24-2009, 09:14 PM

huh?

seedplace
11-24-2009, 11:01 PM

Sure, if seedplace offer full support all hours with a fast response time, that's great :) I've asked around and read, people constantly complaining about slow response, taking 2 days just to get their frozen SSH dedicated rebooted. I'm sure they have lots of customers that are happy, but I've seen at least 5 cases of that, that's a lot!

Your number of posts means nothing, and "definetely" more experience? Lulz you can't even spell it right, and just cos I have 11 posts on FST doesn't mean I have't been in the seedbox game, LOL.

NFI what your last sentence means.. So kindly stop posting inaccurate and misinterpreted information...

Dear Thelen
Give me a real challenge please. Please do not lie.
We are the only reseller around that offers hard reboot instantly from our site. Any dedicated user can reboot the server on their own using our unique My Servers Panel . And all of our clients are aware of that.

Really who had said that we have a slow response rate on our support tickets?
If you post your source I promise I'll give you a Start 1 dedicated server for 2 months charge-free.
And FYI, here is a small proof that our support is very good.
http://www.webhostingtalk.com/showpost.php?p=6488841&postcount=15
Where it says

however, if you still insist on an ovh reseller, check out:

feralhosting.com
seedplace.eu

both are good, but seedplace is much better in support.

None of our responses take more than 12 hours. We guarantee about our services.
Have you ever give us a shot? Have you even checked our site? Most of the time the skype button on the right says online. :/ And if it's not you can try contact us through support system.

And viper151 whoever is cheap doesn't mean that has to be a scammer.

I've never judged my competitors but they seem good.In my opinion charging 20$ for support is too much, BUT he gives the opportunity to some linux experts to rent servers cheaper.

viper151
11-25-2009, 08:04 AM

Why are you insisting on seedplace.eu?
I also mentioned seedhost.eu and xirvik? I don't say that you must criticize them of course cause they rock too.

Sorry for not being a native speaker like you. You are such a racist and you can easily criticize all of us around here. I'm sure that you can't speak greek fluently and the only language you have ever learned is english. Well I can communicate in 3 languages instead of you. Even if my spelling isn't that good.
And if you were in the seedbox game as you say you would know ********* (see I can't write it cause admins has censored the word and I had to write it in two words seperated
out-system.pl is that better? Remove the "-" and you'll find the word)
But obviously you couldn't catch the two words as one cause you've never seen this seedbox seller.
Cheap enough but one day he just vanished.

TripleZ
11-25-2009, 01:17 PM
good speed guys