PDA

View Full Version : Can I use my account in both my homes?

Totti
11-15-2009, 12:55 PM
So I live in two homes five days of the week I live in one house and the other 2 I am at my second house(my parents aren't divorced it's a long story).
Here's the catch the house that I stay at during the weekends has a faster internet connection then where I am during the week, I was wondering if i could get banned for using my account from both houses at the same time. For example i am uploading files an my faster internet connection while d/l stuff and uploading them an my second internet connection? I haven't done this yet because i don't want to get banned of course but i was wondering if this is possible or would i have to ask for an exception of some sort from the trackers i am part of thx :)

Totti

sez
11-15-2009, 02:33 PM
If one was a seedbox then maybe there would be no problem otherwise you'd have to ask first.And whatever you do just make sure your weekday wifey doesn't find out about that other family more so if they are mexican lol.

Rart
11-15-2009, 02:45 PM
It should be perfectly fine, no matter which tracker, to simply log in from both trackers. For DLing, it really depends on the tracker. Some trackers allow you to seed/dl from up to 5 locations at once, some only allow from one location at a time. It really depends on the tracker, so you should look at their rules/FAQ or contact their FLS and ask.

Swift
11-15-2009, 02:56 PM
State that in your profile and it wont be a problem.

Totti
11-15-2009, 06:07 PM
If one was a seedbox then maybe there would be no problem otherwise you'd have to ask first.And whatever you do just make sure your weekday wifey doesn't find out about that other family more so if they are mexican lol.

lol if only life could be like that.....

It should be perfectly fine, no matter which tracker, to simply log in from both trackers. For DLing, it really depends on the tracker. Some trackers allow you to seed/dl from up to 5 locations at once, some only allow from one location at a time. It really depends on the tracker, so you should look at their rules/FAQ or contact their FLS and ask.

Thx i'll check it out on my trackers

plutonim45
11-15-2009, 06:56 PM
I think you have to pm a mod at the tracker ..

Cabalo
11-15-2009, 07:08 PM
State that in your profile info, plus don't leech from 2 different IPs and nothing should happen to you, unless they are really picky. But, yet, you can seed from 2 different IPs.

Totti
11-15-2009, 07:13 PM
State that in your profile info, plus don't leech from 2 different IPs and nothing should happen to you, unless they are really picky. But, yet, you can seed from 2 different IPs.

That's what i wanted to know thx m8 :)

1000possibleclaws
11-15-2009, 08:03 PM
State that in your profile and it wont be a problem.

Do this and you should be fine.

Rigel9
11-15-2009, 09:13 PM
I've got 2 houses (same city, different ISPs) and never had a problem on any tracker.

Totti
11-15-2009, 09:16 PM
I've got 2 houses (same city, different ISPs) and never had problem on any tracker.

have you uploaded/downloaded at the same time?

Fishy2
11-15-2009, 09:34 PM
Probably best to check with staff

Scytalle
11-15-2009, 09:44 PM
In my experience, each site has it's own rules in this situation. Seeding is usually fine for multiple IP's. Don't quote me on it though. It be advised to only download from one IP at the same time. As always though, it be better to check on those sites your a part of more concrete information.

Totti
11-15-2009, 09:46 PM
I've got 2 houses (same city, different ISPs) and never had problem on any tracker.

Rigel9
11-16-2009, 04:16 PM

Yeah, all the time. Both are seeding 24/7 and I'm leeching what I need atm so I often end up with downloading new TV shows twice.

colbert
11-19-2009, 03:06 AM
I see no problem assuming no one else at any ip you use has an account at the same site.