PDA

View Full Version : 520 Torrents uploaded at TorrentVault..org in the last 24 hours but.....

RizKhan25000
11-17-2009, 04:58 PM
TorrentVault.Org is around the scene for quite some time now but it never seemed to get to the top. Nevertheless recently it is showing a marked improvement in pretimes. I think they have good pretimes,content and reasonable speeds but they need to improve the quality and composition of their torrent uploads.

Today on 17.11.2009 I checked their recently uploaded torrents. A staggering 520 torrents were uploaded in the last 24 hours representing good pretimes. But on a closer look I found some interesting figures which I produce below:-
244 torrents MP3
7 DVDR
8 Movies X264
11 Xvid Movies
4 Foreign Movies
24 Music Vids
8 Requests filled
23 TV Xvids
25 TV X264
1 0day pack
1 Retro Music
34 0day Appz
3 Blue Ray TV
8 Ebooks
5 TV Boxsets
32 Foreign TV Xvids
6 Games Nds
2 Games PSP
15 Games WII
1 Games 360

Well 244 MP3 Music in the 520 total uploads in the last 24 hours if this is the usual trend then they need to do something about it. I get the feeling that to upload such a huge number of MP3s would just not help them instead they should (if they want to upload such huge number of MP3s at all cast ) upload one major torrent consisting of all the MP3s daily. That would improve the quality of their torrents. DVDRs, Movies Xvids, Movies x264 and Games were uploaded in a low number. So the effective plan to improve their torrent quality is to decrease the number of MP3s and increase the number of Games, DVDRs, Movies etc.

I think this tracker is above average but if you have any of the tope trackers like TL, SCT,SCC,TorrentBytes, R...., IPT, Pretome, Bitsoup etc then I am afraid this tracker would not impress you much.

Hrusciov
11-17-2009, 05:02 PM
I think this tracker is above average but if you have any of the tope trackers like TL, SCT,SCC,TorrentBytes, R...., IPT, Pretome, Bitsoup etc then I am afraid this tracker would not impress you much.

I can't live with so many "top sites" :cry1:

TrollinThunder
11-17-2009, 05:05 PM
That's how all scene sites are. When 244 movies get released in a day, let me know.

nethawk
11-17-2009, 05:27 PM
lol. just because more mp3s are pre'd, doesn't make TV a bad tracker. compare the uploads to other trackers during the same time frame and I bet you will get similar results. btw, your some of your numbers are wrong. In the last 24hrs, TV uploaded over 50 TV/XviD (I didn't bother checking the other sections)

RizKhan25000
11-17-2009, 05:33 PM

I can't live with so many "top sites" :cry1:

Lol! close your eyes to eliminate all the sites. now happy!:)

That's how all scene sites are. When 244 movies get released in a day, let me know.

I am not suggesting to upload 244 movies but to upload all these MP3 in a form of one torrent :frusty:

lol. just because more mp3s are pre'd, doesn't make TV a bad tracker. compare the uploads to other trackers during the same time frame and I bet you will get similar results. btw, your some of your numbers are wrong. In the last 24hrs, TV uploaded over 50 TV/XviD (I didn't bother checking the other sections)

I said some of the figures. Also there should be difference in the figures as I checked them at a different time than you so your 24 hours time period and mine are different in this respect. I never called it a bad tracker. I use the word above average. If above average is inappropriate then what is a suitable word tell me!. I only suggested to upload such a huge number of MP3s in collective form to improve the quality of content on the site. Is that a bad suggestion?

TrollinThunder
11-17-2009, 05:42 PM
My point is really that most of the sites you claim are better do the same thing.

RizKhan25000
11-17-2009, 05:45 PM
My point is really that most of the sites you claim are better do the same thing.

They have already earned a place for them. While TorrentVault still has to do some extra work if it want to rise from above average.

TrollinThunder
11-17-2009, 05:51 PM
Says you.

Based on the rest of the sites you mention, they all got to above average by being perfectly mundane. (Although I would distinguish two categories between the sites, one being sceneracing sites and the other being sites that intend to collect many releases and members.)

Heroo
11-17-2009, 10:12 PM
nice work keep going :)

LubTheStaringCat
11-17-2009, 10:33 PM
Today on 17.11.2009 I checked their recently uploaded torrents. A staggering 520 torrents were uploaded

Whoopee do, what do you want us all to do... Break out In scabs and start a clinic.

t00z
11-17-2009, 10:43 PM
Lol WTF. Finally a site that uploads a shitload of relases, including stuff like MP3s, mvids and even foreign TV (woo!)...

And people who don't snatch that stuff start complaining that there are too many uploads/torrents. What the fuck is your point?

And packs suck bigtime, except when it is for TV series (which are sold on one DVD too).

QPD
11-17-2009, 10:50 PM
TV is great.If you don't like it ,you can go stick with yours other "top" sites.

druid
11-18-2009, 01:13 AM
Can someone explain why TV.org is so restrictive on allowed clients. I'm a newb to this but TV is the only sites I've seen so far which doesn't allow Rtorrent.

Morgoth
11-18-2009, 06:32 AM
TV is great.If you don't like it ,you can go stick with yours other "top" sites.

Agree! Thier MP3 section is unbeatable.

Cabalo
11-18-2009, 06:56 AM
I've been browsing the site, and they're doing a fabulous job.
Definitely one that could rise to a important status.
Get your account while it's time.

Feeling: don't worry, ScT already has its name on the all-time legends of the BT world. Rightfully.

thefinger
11-18-2009, 07:47 AM
TV bravo! :thumbsup:

sake
11-18-2009, 07:56 AM
There should be different categories for the MP3 section. What do you think?

The tracker is very good. I liked it.

t00z
11-18-2009, 07:59 AM

There are different categories. Why do people always want seperate browse pages, what's wrong with the standard filters? In TBDev I can see why you'd want it, but in Gazelle it filters just fine imo. Tick a bunch of categories, set it as your default... and click the MP3 cat when you want MP3s. Done.

sake
11-18-2009, 08:01 AM

There are different categories. Why do people always want seperate browse pages, what's wrong with the standard filters? In TBDev I can see why you'd want it, but in Gazelle it filters just fine imo. Tick a bunch of categories, set it as your default... and click the MP3 cat when you want MP3s. Done.

I want to see the different styles of MP3. Did you get it? :ermm:

t00z
11-18-2009, 11:27 AM
Genre tags.. yeah that would be cool.

Feeling
11-18-2009, 01:15 PM
Feeling: don't worry, ScT already has its name on the all-time legends of the BT world. Rightfully.

I'm not worried a site with 90% of their uploads being MP3. :ermm:

TrollinThunder
11-18-2009, 05:39 PM
Feeling do you think gazelle offers any significant benefits or disadvantages for a 0day site?

Feeling
11-18-2009, 09:37 PM
Feeling do you think gazelle offers any significant benefits or disadvantages for a 0day site?

I don't know. I've not used Gazelle enough to make me think that we need to change to it.

mysticalone
11-18-2009, 09:53 PM

I'm not worried a site with 90% of their uploads being MP3. :ermm:

LOL:happy:

Craig
11-19-2009, 02:50 PM
Looks Great ;)

RizKhan25000
11-19-2009, 04:48 PM
Says you.

Based on the rest of the sites you mention, they all got to above average by being perfectly mundane. (Although I would distinguish two categories between the sites, one being sceneracing sites and the other being sites that intend to collect many releases and members.)

I have every hope of this site rising and good criticism is necessary to help it achieve this. At the time striking feature of their content is the sheer number of MP3 torrents most of them having sizes 6 mb 7 mb etc. It would be real difficult even to find a particular MP3. to improve their content they need to categorize and reduce the number of MP3 torrents. They can do so by submitting a single torrent of many related MP3 in any order. And you are right like the other sites they would in time climb up the ladder to reach higher and higher. They have a real chance of becoming a major torrent tracker but this require some thought and hard work on their part. This tracker has the potential but the need of polishing is also there.

Lol WTF. Finally a site that uploads a shitload of relases, including stuff like MP3s, mvids and even foreign TV (woo!)...

And people who don't snatch that stuff start complaining that there are too many uploads/torrents. What the fuck is your point?

And packs suck bigtime, except when it is for TV series (which are sold on one DVD too).

:frusty:

Who said I don't like it where I wrote it.:noes:

Ins0Mni4
11-20-2009, 01:41 AM
That sounds good, i like the idea of them making a single torrent for the Mp3 torrents, but that shouldnt make it more difficult to find a Mp3 release?

Think it this way making a torrent with all mp3 files on one day, and adding a huge ammount of tags, the single torrent will contain almost 500 diferent tags and i dont think that could be good when you have 100 of this. You could easily have a category in this case mp3 with a huge load of 2000 tags, that definitly wont help the search.

I think they should keep up the great job and maybe just add some genre tags for the Mp3. Or create a different browse for the Mp3 having as subcategories all the diferent genres. That way they just keep the speed and keep things organized...

RizKhan25000
11-20-2009, 05:24 PM
That sounds good, i like the idea of them making a single torrent for the Mp3 torrents, but that shouldnt make it more difficult to find a Mp3 release?

Think it this way making a torrent with all mp3 files on one day, and adding a huge ammount of tags, the single torrent will contain almost 500 diferent tags and i dont think that could be good when you have 100 of this. You could easily have a category in this case mp3 with a huge load of 2000 tags, that definitly wont help the search.

I think they should keep up the great job and maybe just add some genre tags for the Mp3. Or create a different browse for the Mp3 having as subcategories all the diferent genres. That way they just keep the speed and keep things organized...

Even if you combine all the 244 Mp3 torrents in one single torrent the maximum size you would get would be equal to something like 1 or 2 GB. I don't think it would be difficult for any body to download this type of torrent daily. It can be actually improved by making combined torrents of related mp3s like techno, pop , rock etc such torrent would have even smaller sizes. A good idea would be to make these daily mp3 big packs permanent free leech. So a large single torrent + make it permanent free leech is a really good idea for the tracker.

Chief_Garbonzo
11-20-2009, 10:40 PM
looks like they closed their doors. was gonna check er out. will have to check er out another time then!

Glitterstep
11-21-2009, 06:39 AM
TV is a full powaa tracker imo.Already begining to love this tracker,the obvious reason being the music section.;)and most of the music being EDM!!
And they are doing really well.They just need to get good members(seeders and leechers) to balance the site and after that its gonna be Booooom

Torrents: 12,477 ...Faaaaak.

whiteboy
11-21-2009, 08:27 PM
seems to be down right now.

wutank
11-21-2009, 08:57 PM

same here and seems TVirc is down too....

nethawk
11-21-2009, 09:26 PM

same here and seems TVirc is down too....

IRC is up

Glitterstep
11-22-2009, 04:12 AM
IRC is up

When's the site gonna be up.

nethawk
11-22-2009, 05:15 AM
IRC is up

When's the site gonna be up.

They are moving to a new host. Just wait...

RizKhan25000
11-22-2009, 04:35 PM
TV is a full powaa tracker imo.Already begining to love this tracker,the obvious reason being the music section.;)and most of the music being EDM!!
And they are doing really well.They just need to get good members(seeders and leechers) to balance the site and after that its gonna be Booooom

50% of the total torrents is MP3 i.e around 6500 MP3 torrents:O
If they gonna be Booooom then a good term might be MP3 Booooom.

Come on they need to improve their content!:yup:

TrollinThunder
11-22-2009, 04:37 PM
THey were on LW right? Lol

Glitterstep
11-24-2009, 05:59 AM
Any NEWS...im really beginning to miss that tracker :(

Ze0de
11-24-2009, 11:55 AM
Hi guys,

You may recognize me as staff at TorrentVault. I can assure you TV will be back up very soon. It was all very sudden we know, but we had to move hosts and once done the site will be far better for it.

Please bare with us while we make the move.

In the meantime, our IRC is still online, you may connect using the info below:

Connect: /server 85.17.183.201 9011
SSL Connect: /server 85.17.183.201 +9022

When connected, use /join #tv for main channel and /join #tv-help for help channel.

We will keep everyone posted in IRC.

Regards,

// Ze0de

Now we have moved to Gazelle, this is on the todo list. It will make the music section a much better and more usable resource.

Dabdoba
11-24-2009, 02:01 PM
nice work keep going

Glitterstep
11-24-2009, 03:13 PM
Hi guys,

You may recognize me as staff at TorrentVault. I can assure you TV will be back up very soon. It was all very sudden we know, but we had to move hosts and once done the site will be far better for it.

Please bare with us while we make the move.

In the meantime, our IRC is still online, you may connect using the info below:

Connect: /server 85.17.183.201 9011
SSL Connect: /server 85.17.183.201 +9022

When connected, use /join #tv for main channel and /join #tv-help for help channel.

We will keep everyone posted in IRC.

Regards,

// Ze0de

Thanks Ze0de for the INFO.:)

Now we have moved to Gazelle, this is on the todo list. It will make the music section a much better and more usable resource.

That's exactly what i wished.Really glad to see that being worked upon.:happy:

Morgoth
11-25-2009, 01:58 AM

50% of the total torrents is MP3 i.e around 6500 MP3 torrents:O
If they gonna be Booooom then a good term might be MP3 Booooom.

Come on they need to improve their content!:yup:

In all sections they are equally doing very well but their SPAM section is really unbeatable.

Zebra
11-25-2009, 07:51 AM
The amount of Downtime will only takeaway potential users whatever may be the site content ... 3rd time as far i remember they r gone for more than 4 days

Glitterstep
11-25-2009, 09:59 AM
The amount of Downtime will only takeaway potential users whatever may be the site content ... 3rd time as far i remember they r gone for more than 4 days

Disagree.Infact i will be even more active out there once its back.

iLOVENZB
11-25-2009, 10:37 AM

Demonoid.

Zebra
11-25-2009, 05:24 PM
Demonoid is a public tracker !!!

anon
11-25-2009, 05:43 PM
I see it as semi-private. When they're up, you can't browse their old torrents without an account, but can easily get them off indexers, and you don't need to be registered to download.

Zebra
11-26-2009, 04:09 AM
Site is up but My login is not working ... can anyone confirm

maxzorin
11-26-2009, 05:36 AM

Yes, i can confirm this. Trying to reset the passoword failed too.

At least there's some visible progress now. I hope for a fast revival.

iLOVENZB
11-26-2009, 05:36 AM
Demonoid is a public tracker !!!

Ehh not really. As a 'normal' user; you can't download torrents over 7 days (or something like that). I can't remember because it's been down for so long :P

Same here.

---

Welcome. We are a private closed community. If you have a TV account click login. All users must reset their passwords to gain access.

If you are having problems connecting to the website or you get a database error try accessing the site with https:// or please join us on irc. Server: irc.torrentvault.org:9011 Channel: #tv-help

If you no longer use the email you signed up with please join IRC or send an email to vaulthelp [at] gmail [dot] com

---

Just went to the help chan and read the topic

[16:32:48] * Now talking in #tv-help
[16:32:48] * Topic is 'Welcome to TorrentVault Help | NOTE: The site is being worked on, if you can not login please check back later. ALL users accounts are safe, watch IRC for updates.'
[16:32:48] * Set by Ze0de on Thu Nov 26 16:30:58
[16:32:49] <&`Ze0de> [Auto Message] Hi <censored>, we are in the process of setting up the site on the new server. ALL users accounts are safe but are unable to login. The site will be fully functional as soon as possible.

maxzorin
11-26-2009, 05:43 AM
thank you, that info is appreciated!

Glitterstep
11-26-2009, 06:12 AM
Will wait for sometime now.Facing the same issue.

thefinger
11-26-2009, 08:27 AM
Waiting TV.

whiteboy
11-26-2009, 02:52 PM
Cant log in cant recover pass????

anon
11-26-2009, 02:56 PM
Their login doesn't work at the moment - they're trying to solve the issue.

Cabalo
11-26-2009, 02:57 PM
Their login doesn't work at the moment - they're trying to solve the issue.
aww good. I was coming here just to check that.

usuck
11-27-2009, 04:34 AM
Haha back in Game ! They re now hosting at prq.se :D show me a better Place ;)

iLOVENZB
11-27-2009, 05:13 AM
It's back up but no notice on "home" :(.

Glitterstep
11-27-2009, 06:17 AM
yaaay its back :)

cRaZyzMaN
11-27-2009, 10:58 AM
login sys is now working fine